PKD's Flight of Fear...No more?

PKI Foodguy

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off rollernut, dont curse on the forums. Your not respecting my opinion either, so dont be a hypocrite, yeah you have a right to an opinion and i have a right to question it (its called america) but you have no right to start a rumor when you have no signifigant backing, your some kid who worked at a park and acts like he knows everything. Id like to see your proof of how PKD could not run 4 LIM launched rollercoasters. If your statement "those who know dont talk and those who dont know talk" is true and you know something we all dont know, then you wouldnt be talking. You act just like every other employee on these fanboy boards, like you have some secret information, hahah give me a break, i worked at Beast this summer, I know a little bit more about how the park runs than most people but I can guarantee that myself, you, or any other employee does not have any information regarding secret park plans and maintenace gufaws such as running electrical power to PKD's launched coasters.

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone see the 2006 PKD map? Flight of Fear has been totally removed from the map! It is gone! I suppose they did this so people wont get upset that it is not open. Still - makes one wonder...

Keep in mind that with FOF - PKD had 4 launch coasters! Flight of Fear, Italian Job Turbo Coaster, Volcano: The Blast Coaster and HypersonicXLC.

Reminds me of when Drachen Fire sat unused for years at BGW. Not on the map, not mentioned on the train ride even as you rode past it, and if you asked an employee where it was, they looked at you (as instructed, I suspect), and said "Excuse me, what did you ask?" When you repeated yourself, you were told, "I am sorry, we have no ride called Drachen Fire." It was a headshaker.

We know how that ended. . .

I think what do with Son of Beast is a real quandary for the park. More than perhaps anything else, this may be affected by who the new owner, if there is one, is. And I am not brilliant enough, nor stupid enough, to predict what will happen with Son of Beast.

There are many more factors in this decision than the average park visitor will ever know. . .

It is a shame that had to happen to Drachen Fire too. I would have been glad to have ridden it... A Toomer Arrow, designed by hand, modeled after a B&M. It was sure to be an experience. weird.gif Still - the park denied its existance? Weird...

Didn't PKD say that they were not removing FOF - it just wasn't open this year? I hope thats true - though becoming MTV soundwave would be almost as bad...

Wait a minute. The old flume was PUBLICLY announced as leaving. Many travelled long distances to get last rides on it.

Only after an outcry from the public was the ride saved and rethemed. I am virtually certain this was not a publicity stunt. The ride actually was going to be removed. Paramount listened (as Six Flags Great America also did with Willard's Whizzer) and the ride was saved. . .

So, yes, the flume was not on the map. And it was, at the time, destined to be removed, not just rethemed.

That being said, it would also not make sense for Flight of Fear to be on Paramount's Kings Dominion's 2006 map if it isn't going to operate. That'd just cause all kinds of unnecessary questions and complaints from guests. . .

Yes, I second that the Kings Mills Log Flume was destined to be removed. But outcry from the public on losing a classic ride, one of the ones that remained from Coney Island is what saved the ride from the scrap pile. The ride did recieve a major overhaul before reopening in 2001, with about 75% of the fiberglass trough replaced with stainless steel.

I can assure everyone that Flight of Fear is still at Kings Dominion and has no signs of leaving what so ever. I stopped by the park on my way back to school here in Richmond and looked around. The only major thing going on is tons of track and supports in the parking lot.

I'll have a picture update on PkdPlace sometime this week.

Flight of Fear is in building, and it can be disassembled without taking the building down. I believe it only took PKI what 2 months to install Flight of Fear, and it always takes less time to take something down. My conlusion is that Flight of Fear will not be "flying" in 2007.