New Nick Universe Info Released!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PKICentral.com - Supporting Nickelodeon's hostile takeover of the not so happy land of Hanna-Barberra.

Hmmm, from the pics it looks like less of a hostile take over and more of moving in of some old carnival rides.

I disagree. The rides and attractions as a whole seem like they'll add a lot to the area. It's simply the fact that childrens' standards are much higher now. It seems like little hand carts won't cut it anymore. Granted, Zamperla does advertise that a lot of the rides can be trailer mounted, but that's true for almost any type of flat ride. Even the most classic of flat rides, Eli Bridge Co rides, now have a service available to them in which they can be mounted.

Granted, Zamperla does advertise that a lot of the rides can be trailer mounted, but that's true for almost any type of flat ride.

What I'm saying is that (after looking at their web site) it looks as if all of their rides could be trailer mounted.

It looks to me like Kissel Brothers has them on speed dial.

I must say I am somewhat dissapinted by these attractions, but I won't be riding them now will I. So what all is staying?

Don't be deceived by the looks. Delirium doesn't look all that great on paper in my opinion and we know what a great ride it turned out to be. I think the Skater looks the most promising.

^That doesnt prove your point anymore, Delerium broke and had a problem, that doesnt have anything to do with how the NU rides will operate, you people keep forgetting that this area is for kids would you all quit complaining, its not like the park is going to just going to stop and say "hey, why dont we just stop now and build 2 B&M's over here, NU is what they decided on and NU is what youll get, now ifyour gonna stop going to the park because of it then thats fine we wont see you, but i bet most of you will still be going to the park.

I think we all knew this was going to be a package of flat rides... So why is everyone complaining about that? Not like we are going to have carnies running everything at NU... The only thing that anyone can be disappointed with is Avatar. I hope that it is not going to be the anchor attraction like they made it out to be for NU, because it doesnt have that ability. It is a good ride, but not good enough to put on your brochure. All in all I think this is what we all expected.

Not good enough to put on your brochure? Remember that back in 1998, the park added Atom Ant Airways, Yogi`s Sky Tours and Scooby`s Ghoster Coaster as the main additions to HB. Yes, it may not be the Crash Course Boating School that people wanted, but it will still be a fun ride, that will be able to be enjoyed by children and their parents. Afterall, that is what the entire Nickelodeon Universe area is designed to cater to.

Yeah I agree about who it was designed to cater too, but the themeing better be tremendous or we have to ask ourselves was this really an upgrade from HB Land? Hopefully they are going to do a better anchor attraction, because NU needs an Anchor attraction. HB Land had SDHC, but transforming in to NU the area needs to have a new signature attraction and IMO Avatar is not that attraction.

http://multimedia.pki.com/images/news/Nick...%20Smashers.jpg

why is the title atom smashers ?

and why is this photo not listed on PKI.COM with the other ones ?

http://www.pki.com/News/photo_gallery.cfm?item_id=282

Jimmy Neutron's Atom Smashers is the new name of the old Boulder Bumpers. The picture in the very bottom right of all the pics on pki.com has a URL the says the full name of the ride also.

PKI should have Jimmy Neutron's Atom Smashers glow-in-the-dark and have a crap load of neat special lighting effects for when it gets dark out cool.gif There's alot PKI can do with Jimmy and his SciFi theming...

...but then again, maybe they shouldn't do that because I'd be tempted to hop in laugh.gif Glow-in-the-dark bumper cars would be just too good to pass up!

Still, I'll miss Boulder Bumpers with it's cool rock theming and mini Flintstone cars sad.gif Now the only thing that PKI could do that would really **** me off is if they give it a cheapass generic retheme like PCW did to their Boulder Bumpers when converting them into Rugrat's Toonpike.

censored.gif It's STILL not fair! censored.gif

I emailed Maureen at PKI about the Nick Universe concept art and Crash Course, and I got an email back from her.....less than TWO MINUTES after I had sent it. blink.gif

Subject: RE: Nick Universe 2006

Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 18:40:16 -0500

From: "Kaiser, Maureen" <Maureen.Kaiser@ParamountParks.com> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert

To: "Matt Godfrey" <sykotic_grim_the_clown@yahoo.com>

Hi, Matt.

Thanks so much for your email. We are also VERY!!!!! excited about Nick Universe.

Unfortunately, we won’t have any concept art….until the area is actually built and we can take actual photos. I can assure you that it is going to be incredible.

Our new attractions include (as mentioned on PKIC a few weeks ago)…..

The Phantom Flyers

Plankton’s Plunge

We definitely keep all of the results from the concept surveys….so you never know when these might show up, either now or in the future!!

Have a fantastic night! smile.gif

Maureen Kaiser, APR

Paramount's Kings Island

thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif Why must they do this to us?! thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif