New Nick Universe Info Released!

I just received word from the park that the new for 2006 attraction. Three of the new attractions can be found on Zamperla's web site. One of which is a Jumping Star, a Zamperla Kite Flyer, and a customized Zamperla Skater including a camel hump! Note that the stock Skater is listed on Zamperla's web site!

Zamperla's descriptions:

Jumping Star

user posted image

Description: Children will laugh, giggle and scream on Zamperla’s Jumpin’ Star. Six children and adults are lifted to a height of approximately 20 ft. Then in a flash of lights, the passengers begin their jumping vertical descent in a quick series of short drops. Each jump brings elated faces of surprise and delight. The Jumpin’ Star gives every kid the chance to experience a tower ride all their own. With endless theming possibilities, the Jumpin’ Star might be the most versatile amusement device of all.

Kite Flyer

user posted image

Description: First introduced in 1999 and winner of the Best New Family Ride at the 2000 IAAPA convention, the Kite Flyer has quickly become one of Zamperla’s most popular rides. The signature lay-down 2 passenger gondolas let the riders experience the sensation of free flight with a wave-like oscillating motion. . The Kite Flyer is available in both 24 and 16 capacity models and in both park and trailer models.

Skater

user posted image

**Note that the above image does not include the custom hump.

Description: Zamperla is set to introduce its latest family thrill ride to eager audiences around the world. The Skater combines extreme sports with extreme fun in an attraction that is sure to be a hit with riders of all ages. Borrowing rocking and spinning motions from the ever popular and innovative Disk’O ride, the Skater seats up to twenty-four riders per cycle for a theoretical hourly capacity of 600. Riders are seated four abreast in six rows with a lap bar safety restraint. Once the competition begins, the Skater takes riders on a whirling, daring, fun filled romp through the sky, giving each and every rider the sensation of riding a skateboard through a half pipe. The Skater is available in both park and trailer models. The trailer model racks on a single 53’ trailer and can be set-up and torn-down in under 3 hours with just two men.

Also, as stated in another thread, click here to see some NU construction photos supplied to us by the lovely and talented Maureen Kaiser!

Regards,

Ryan

PKICentral.com - Supporting Nickelodeon's hostile takeover of the not so happy land of Hanna-Barberra.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK - the Skater doesn't look that bad. It will have more capacity than Ghoster Coaster - and it isn't a Disk'O. Disk'O is basically the same ride motion as a HUSS Frisbee - just what makes it go is different. This skater thing will have a totally different sensation - like Viking Fury but rotating! I for one think it looks pretty cool! I will give it a shot - of course assuming that adults are allowed to ride without children.

It may not be a coaster - so yeah we lost a coaster and gained a flat ride. But at least its a cool flat ride.

OK - the Skater doesn't look that bad. It will have more capacity than Ghoster Coaster - and it isn't a Disk'O. Disk'O is basically the same ride motion as a HUSS Frisbee - just what makes it go is different. This skater thing will have a totally different sensation - like Viking Fury but rotating! I for one think it looks pretty cool! I will give it a shot - of course assuming that adults are allowed to ride without children.

It may not be a coaster - so yeah we lost a coaster and gained a flat ride. But at least its a cool flat ride.

Trust me, the Disk'O is in NO way similiar in experience to a Frisbee. Honestly, the Skater is the "family" version of the Disk'O. The forces are tamed down a bit, but overall it is very very similiar. You are right though, as far as I'm concerned, its not a coaster.

Hmm.....

Wouldn't it make more sense to have the Jumping Star 16 instead of the regular? It would help with capacity issues (but, then again, nearly every HB attraction had low-capacity tongue.gif) a lot:

user posted image

Then again......it'd probably cost more.

Also, what about the Blue jumping ride? Is that also part of the Zamperla ride package? If so (and most likely is) then it would probably be one of those Jump Around thingys:

user posted image

....but take out the monster trucks (and the sinfully ugly hub thing) and replace it with Blue-mobiles jumping around Blue's House.

Again, just a thought.

Hmmm, from the pics it looks like less of a hostile take over and more of moving in of some old carnival rides.

My thoughts exactly!

I laugh at the first two rides every year when I see them at the county fair. I am sure you have seen them too.

Thats really disappointing.

Well I must say I had this one right in my mind all along.

It looks like a family/junior rides package from Zamperla. Not that is a bad thing, Zamperla has been making quite a name for themselves in the kiddie ride arena. PKI already had a couple of their pieces in Red Baron and Atom Ant's Airways.

I like the additions. The kite flyer is a popular ride at many parks and on the traveling carnival circuit, as is the Jumping Star. I kind of wish they would have gone witht he larger capacity model, but some other major parks have the same size kiddie tower ride (although a lot of those are S&S Frog Hoppers).

Avater being the customized Skater. I have ridden a standard Skater at a carnival. Said Skater seemed to be sitting dormant for most of the time, it wasn't excatly selling tickets at a fast clip. Perhaps PKI will have more success with it, the camel hump in the middle should make for an interesting addition.

So, it looks like PKI may be getting a package of carnival rides, we'll just ahve to sit back and see how they do with custom theme jobs that make them not look so carnival-ish.

(Note that even big parks like Disney have installed carnival rides from time to time, its all in execution and presentation)

Ringmaster, I dont believe this family friendly website would like the word "punk ***got" said on this website and I believe us "blacks", as you like to say, would prefer to be called African Americans, myself and the other African American members of this site dont go around calling you whitey or cracker.

Ringmaster, I dont believe this family friendly website would like the word "punk ***got" said on this website and I believe us "blacks", as you like to say, would prefer to be called African Americans, myself and the other African American members of this site dont go around calling you whitey or cracker.

Ok, first off, I'm not white. I'm African-American, too.

The "black" joke was from an episode of Family Guy (where Stewie and Peter go down to Disney World), and all I did was use some quotes from that episode. In now way, shape, or form was I trying to insult someone or act racist.

And second, the "punk***got" word was from a comedy sketch done by Richard Jeni from an HBO special. Hence the tongue.gif sign by the post. Again, no attempts to insult anyone or act racist were made, it was just a joke.

So I am sorry if it looked like I upset the members from this site. I hope this apology can be accepted.

I think they should have gotten a little bit taller free fall ride. Those I could probaly just about jump and hit the top of it. Anyways I think that most of this theming so far doenst impress me at all. Just some signs and what not. All I have to say is Way to go the cheap route PKI.

I see very little themeing in those construction photos if any at all... And your not going to be able to ride the free fall ride but for a kid that will be awesome. Alot of other parks have the same one and kids like them.

Well, for starters, the park really hasn`t started to put in the theming yet. They will wait until after some of the construction has started. No sense in installing theming before all the major construction is done and risk the theming getting damaged. Secondly, the "Frog Hopper" or Jumping Star type of ride is popular with kids. The one at Coney Island is quite popular with kids. Yes, 20 feet isn`t that tall, but it is just about the right height for kids.

Well, for starters, the park really hasn`t started to put in the theming yet. They will wait until after some of the construction has started. No sense in installing theming before all the major construction is done and risk the theming getting damaged. Secondly, the "Frog Hopper" or Jumping Star type of ride is popular with kids. The one at Coney Island is quite popular with kids. Yes, 20 feet isn`t that tall, but it is just about the right height for kids.

Since when does PKI care about damaged theming?

"The one at Cedar Point called the Frog Hopper looked really stupid even for kids. I think they need to just take it one step up. Like a mini dropzone like 25- 30 feet tall. Even a small S&S tower about that size would be great. "

You obviously do not have kids. It's nerve-wracking enough to have one 10-15 feet tall and toddlers riding. Plus, kids LOVE those things. Actually one of my favorite things to do at a park is to watch the little surprised faces when they are riding a Frog Hopper. It can be hilarious!

I think those that are so quick to make snap judgements about how the Zamperla rides seem cheap, or carnival like, need to realize that PKI's will be permanent installs, not trailer mounts. They will have complete themeing packages, and no doubt will look great.

Those curious would be best suited to take a look at pics of Canada's Wonderland kids areas... that will give you a better idea of the look/theming of the rides.

A great friend of mine has a personal PCW website that will give you a good idea of the look of the ride package coming to PKI. Follow this link, scroll down, then click on the various rides that fall under the Hanna Barberra/Nick Central heading. Specifically look at the Nick themed rides such as Dora, Rugrats etc.

http://www.pcwjunkies.com/pcw/pcwthrillrides.htm

Oh and here's a good idea of what a permanent install with theming of a Frog Hopper actually looks like. BTW, yes, that is me (John) in the pics at the bottom of the page. I decided to ride for kicks. LOL What can I say... when in Rome... errr... Wonderland.... do as the Wonderlandians do.

http://www.pcwjunkies.com/pcw/flatrides/blasto.htm

Shaggy

Eeeek Gads!

I guess it's been a while since I was up at Wonderland.

Honestly (And I LOVE My Kings Island) Wonderland has always been the Jewel of the parks.

It's organization and theming has always been top notch. Top it off with the fact that the park is SPOTLESS - And I do mean SPOTLESS.

But I can't believe they've installed a ride that has that little of integration with the theming.

I guess it's been a while since I was up at Wonderland.

Honestly (And I LOVE My Kings Island) Wonderland has always been the Jewel of the parks.

It's organization and theming has always been top notch. Top it off with the fact that the park is SPOTLESS - And I do mean SPOTLESS.

...and, now, it's the highest attended seasonal park!