New Nick Universe Info Released!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why must they do what? Be so nice as to respond to your emails so soon and be so enthusiastic and nice to park fans while some places just see you as a dollar sign? Yeah, theyre real jerks.

Sorry Ringmaster I gotta agree with Combat

I'm looking forward to NU and the New Action FX theater movie.

Why must they do what? Be so nice as to respond to your emails so soon and be so enthusiastic and nice to park fans while some places just see you as a dollar sign? Yeah, theyre real jerks.

[sARCASM]

They are. They're a bunch of evil JERK MONKEYS. laugh.gif

I mean, look at all the "crap" they gave us:

-Flight of Fear (crap)

-Action FX Theater (crap)

-Face-Off (double crap)

-Drop Zone (pseudo-crap)

-Son of Beast (oh yeah, definite crap)

-Delirium (in the immortal words of Bart Simpson, it's "craptacular!")

-Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle (crap for the whole family)

-Crocodile Dundee's Boomerang Bay (I don't know the Aussie term for "crap")

-Italian Job: Stunt Track (crap at 45 mph....with a cool soundtrack!)

Seriously, look at all that CRAP!! laugh.gif

[/sARCASM]

...Seriously, though, Maureen's gotta be a BEAST to read all that (my email), then type up all that (her email), and send it back to me within the span of two minutes. tongue.gif

.....And that WOULD be scary. Seeing someone lookin at me like I was a clean 5 dollar bill. blink.gif

Maybe the reason they don't have any concept art is because the plans for the area have changed enough that the concept art that they have been reported to have just doesn't work anymore.

That seems to be the rumor. The actual look of NU has evolved making concept art difficult. Speaking of Maureen, she emailed me last week saying that even if they started on concept art now, it wouldn't be don't until opening day, so I really wouldn't expect it.

It's a public forum.

Always assume you are being watched.

You are, you know....

Tons of PKI employees read these forums. You rarely find anyone who works there who hasn't at least heard of PKIC, which is why it's important to realize that anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law.

Funny, I'm not sure how you anyone is taking from that email that they are just a dolalr sign. Seems like a very nice email to me.

It was a nice email. For those of you who have known her for a while now, you can back me up in saying that she's a very nice and sincere individual. Any of the 'exclusive' things that PKIC brings you is usually in some way a result of Maureen going out of her way to make sure that you guys get the best of the best. She doesn't just respond to her emails and take your phone calls because it's her job, she truely does enjoy the interaction. We're lucky to have her.

Funny, I'm not sure how you anyone is taking from that email that they are just a dolalr sign. Seems like a very nice email to me.

It was a nice email. For those of you who have known her for a while now, you can back me up in saying that she's a very nice and sincere individual. Any of the 'exclusive' things that PKIC brings you is usually in some way a result of Maureen going out of her way to make sure that you guys get the best of the best. She doesn't just respond to her emails and take your phone calls because it's her job, she truely does enjoy the interaction. We're lucky to have her.

I'm glad to have her too, even though I'm just now "meeting" her for the first time now. I was just surprised how quickly she responded to my email. blink.gif

But I still miss Jeff. He was really cool. Hopefully, Maureen won'ty leave anytime soon this season. *crosses his fingers*

I remember when I emailed her back in September about the National Geographic shoot. She got back to me like within an hour. I was flabbergasted! ohmy.giflaugh.gif

Yeah she is really helpful with stuff like this - and you can tell she likes her job and is enthusiastic about the park. Same thing went for Jeff. Did anyone ever see any of those weird spoof movies the made? The Son of Beast Witch Project and that Tomb Raider The Ride Newsreel? laugh.gif

Yeah, but Maureen wasn't in any of those but the Brady one.

SOB Witch was, oh shoot I can't remember her name...

Tomb Raider was just Siebert and Mandt.

Maureen wasn't with the company for the first couple.

My favorite part of all of the movies was the Brady Bunch one that had Stevie B in a cameo... just kind of standing there... not knowing exactly how to hold himself. lol I miss that guy.

• 2 weeks later...

oh great, fair style, i hope the pics are just for discription. though i dont really go into kiddy land anymore, i still am a picky person on what they put there.. more things for me to hate.. great, first IJST now fair rides.. joyus. wacko.gif

and another thing... hehe,they are tossing alot of money out of their pokets, it used to be ( i saw a pattern) 1 new ride every other year and now they have money coming from i think nowhere to pay for all this stuff, but they will gain it back up with thier little water resort stunt which is going very nicely btw, keep up the water works KI your doing great!

Umm, PKI has always added a new ride every year. You have to go back to 1983 to find the last time that they did not install a new ride. That year, they did however, introduce the Festhaus. prior to that, they did not add any new rides in 1978 either, but they were well underway with building The Beast in that season.

SkootersFan, Could SOB Witch be Jennifer Bowers? She was with the park up through sometime in 2001 I believe.

Yes,

I think the park would do better if it took the Busch Gardens, Sea World, Europa Park approach. Open a major new ride every two or three years but do it right. It would also allow the park to focus on maintenace, landscaping, retail, shows, etc... on those 'off' years. I am hoping the Six Flags takes this approach so that parks like PKI might feel they can afford to also take a similar approach. Only time will tell.

Especially now that they built Curse of DarKastle at Williamsburg and SheikRA at Tampa Bay.

With as many parks as they have to deal with, it's utterly AMAZING what kind of stuff they can come up with (two Busch Gardens parks, and I don't know how many Sea World parks).

And it looks like it was designed to last forever.

I still remember seeing the front of Tomb Raider: The Ride at PKI. I immediately wondered how long it would last, it just looked....temporary.

Busch builds stuff as if it they expect to own the parks forever.

They also keep their theming "as new" for years and years and years. I have never seen anything look shabby in any Busch park.

Even at Geauga Lake, you can now see the deterioration on the old Sea World side, from years of neglect by Six Flags and now, sad to say, by Cedar Fair.

Sad.

Yes, they do take incredible care of their rides (though those who have ridden Gwazi at BGT may not think so).

I was more talking about the parks' general appearance, the way they keep up their theming, the way they only put in attractions when they have the money to do things right...including building an exterior facade that looks as if it was meant to endure for the ages....

The only Busch Gardens park I have been to is Tampa Bay - but it is so awesome. I have to go again sometime. The whole park has a great atmosphere, and the rides are unbelievable. The last time I went was shortly before the installation of Montu. If I was making a trip to Florida and had to choose between Di$ney and BGTB - I would definately go with BGTB.

I have in fact been to Florida several times when the only theme park I visited was BGT. Kumba alone is enough to draw me there, not to mention the other wonderful things in that park. If you haven't been since before Montu was installed, you've got a lot to look forward to! I hope you get to go soon. The only real complaint I have about BGT is that it is often very crowded now, since Florida residents can in effect go the entire year for the cost of a single visit. I usually go through the week in winter (NOT during spring break) and avoid the summer and weekends. The only problem with that approach is that the park typically closes at 6 during those times.

One thing that goes with the whole theming thing, is a lot of times it is not totally the park's fault that their theming is crappy. Most of it is the inconsiderate people who go around sticking gum to the handrails, breaking anything they can get their hands on, such as the speakers on IJST, and whatever else they can think of to make sure that they ruin the experience for everyone else. Sure, parks can do better at cleaning up different things, but you can't stop every jerk. And then there's things like light bulbs on TR:TR that are never replaced when burnt out, and other random things.

So now that I am done ranting...