Where would you put a ride?

cougarman4907

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, these were some of my ideas that I posted on ExtremePKI (you know, that....other...PKI fan site) so, I thought I'd bring my ideas, and some new ones, over here:

International Street/Oktoberfest Ideas:

-First-off, re-open the International Restaurant so that it'll give guests a second reason to stay in International Street (other than the Eiffel Tower)

-add a dark ride/boat ride that goes through some of Paramount's famous and major flicks (Magic of the Movies: The Ride)

-update Paramount Story so that it's up to date (up to War of the Worlds, at least)

-re-theme Oktoberfest to a New Orleans-style area, because of Bubba Gump's Shrimp Shack

-re-theme Adventure Express to Bayou Express (better design, longer track, updated special effects)

-re-theme Festhaus so that it is one big Hollywood Diner thingy.

Action Zone Ideas:

-Re-design Action Zone so that it's not one big dead-end

-re-name the area to Stunt Central, or something like that

-take out Days of Thunder for a new Aeon Flux flat ride (Jump2, maybe)

-re-theme Congo Falls to a more action-y style ride (Dynamite Falls)

-repair Top Gun and put back in the pre-show thingy.

-add a new path by Aeon Flux ride to Sling Shot/Adventure Express spot.

Coney Mall Ideas:

-Can you say, MAJOR overhaul for Coney Mall?

-first things first, move IJ:ST over to where the Flight Pad used to be (beside Flight of Fear)

-add another flat ride in between Racer/Flight of Fear

-put in Addams Family Reunion Coaster where IJ:ST originally was

-re-theme and repair Vortex so that it blends in with SRAR and Happy Days Diner (Rock 'n' Roller Coaster)

-same to SRAR with the re-theme to blend in with Happy Days Diner and Vortex

Rivertown Ideas:

-Re-theme Rivertown to a jungle theme involving Tomb Raider/Indiana Jones (Deep Amazon)

-see if we can get Universal's old Kongfrontation ride as it's now in the scrap heap (due to our 1976 remake rights)

-re-design Beast's queue line and station to that of a forbidden ruined outpost station, OR steal Disney's Expedition: EVEREST idea and incorporate it into The Beast coaster

-re-do TR:TR so that its pre-show flows through more rooms and has a second ride building to help with guest control

-also, have a longer ride time (around 5-6 minutes) with bigger and better special effects (and actuals pyrotechnics now that Firefall at PKD has been built)

-re-do the train so that it resembles the Backlot Tram Tour of Disney/Universal

-re-theme White Water Canyon so that its a Jungle Cruise/Indiana Jones-style ride (Jade Snake Canyon Rapids)

-re-theme Wings Diner to the Tomb Raider Outpost or something like that

Nickelodeon Universe Ideas:

-Put in Crash Course Boating School (if those "idiots" don't decide to put it in there already)

-add the Nick CarWash ride from the '04 concept survey into NU, darn it!

Boomerang Bay Ideas:

-Add some more new slides into Boomerang Bay (along with some more shade, darn it!)

-add either a water coaster (like Journey to Atlantis) or a floorless B&M (like Kraken or Medusa) themed to the Outback (I cant come up with a name)

......long post, wasn't it? rolleyes.gif

I would keep the park mostly as it is. I love it! I would squeeze in an Intamin Hyper Coaster in that stretch of land in Action Zone between the park and the parking lot. It is real narrow - but opens up at the end next to Top Gun. Then Vortex would get the ultimate TLC. Repainted, new trains, totally repainted and cleaned up station, landscaping under the ride etc.

I would most definately add the Addams Family ride - adjacent to Flight of Fear - where the Helicopter thing used to be. Coney Mall would get a HUSS Jump2, and Rivertown would get a HUSS Giant Delirium - completing our collection of HUSS Giant rides... I would add a HUSS Breakdance also...

Add those boats to White Water Canyon so the riders can spray back at the ornery guests on the observation platform - and that person in tower 3. Also somehow add another awesome woodie in the tradition of Beast - next to Beast and behind Tomb Raider.

Ahh the list goes on... Mostly I would add somethings and clean up some things. If I took anything out - it would probably be Days of Thunder.

First of all, I would pack Wings diner with hundreds of pounds of explosives, and blow it up on opening day, for all to see.

Second, I would REALLY like to see something done around the lake across from LaRosa's (is that swan lake?). That seems like such a neat, almost mysterious area of the park that is so underutilized. When you see old pics of PKI, it seemed like all the rides were over water. I'd like to see some of that again.

I would also like to see Paramount Story changed to PKI's story with lots of old pics of PKI from years past. Also have all over the park a sort of monument that would show what had been there in past years.

I think also for one of PKI's anniversaries they should have a parade on Int'l Street like they had on opening day in '72 with a few members of the Brady Bunch show on hand to kind of re-dedicate the park.

Overall, I want to see PKI advance into the future by acknowledging its awesome past.

International Street

-First off I'd make sure the old lights that outlined the tops of the buildings were replaced and lit every night to complement the Royal Fountain.

-Replace the darn Fright Lights so they shoot the laser where you are shooting at, and actually hit the targets, I've never hit the one in the back of the library room.

-Add a sweet lighting package to the Tower.

Action Zone

-Redo the theming on Top Gun, change the trains to Floorless with back to back seating (kind of like Face/Off trains that swing).

-Repaint Drop Zone (it looked like crap when it went up who thought up that color scheme).

-Retrack Son of Beast (oh wait they do that everyyear) add tunnels on the second helix and the MCBR to the bottom of the drop before the loop.

-Add onto Days of Thunder and make it a longer track.

Coney Mall

-Add a Jump2 where Eurobungy is located and move it to where the Flight Pad was.

-Fix the theming on FoF back to it's original, bring back fog before launch, clean up the "Alien Holders".

-Add a new 3D movie in one side of AT theme to be determined, and bring back Days of Thunder on Side B (it was so amazing in 2004.)

-Repaint Racer to it's old red white and blue retrack the whole ride.

-Add a couple flats where Paramount Story was located, rides to be determined

-Add Scooters back next to Happy Days so people will stop their whining.

-Add a nice lighting package to the Coney games buildings like Cedar Points if you've seen it.

Oktoberfest

-Fix up theming on Adventure Express

-Fix the clock on top of Festhaus, bring back live shows.

Rivertown

-Cover up Tomb Raider's buiding to blend in with the surroundings (it wasn't supposed to be visible).

-Retrack Beast big time, bring back the lake in the center of the first turnaround and the water tower in the station.

-Add those boats that spray people on WWC.

Nick Universe

-Add Sponge Bob Boating Course so people shut up.

-Add the Nick Carwash, because it sounded bad ass.

-Have atleast 4 characters walking around at a time

-Turn Wings into Nicktoons Cafe

Boomerang Bay

-Add lush tropical theming as promised

-Add softer paths

-Add a WaterCoaster or a Rollersoaker.

we wont get any of this bc we are for sale! So dont expect and big additions until wea re purchased then it might be a while after that! You guys think so positiev about our park but look at it! its going downhill! You might see a small flat in 07' and it might be relocated from another park.

it's likely that if there is a coaster coming in 2007.... the company who is designing / building already has PKI's name on a contract to do it. so i'd say if we are to get jipped in a year, it will be 2008.

My opinion is to just flat out spend good investment dollars on a ride that people will talk about over and over. IJST is intriguing, but I'd never wait hours to ride it again. Now, The Beast. major investment... i'd ride it over and over. Reseach and develop a ride like Spiderman at Universal Florida.... a water coaster.... something that raises an eye brow. SOB did that. In PKI's defense, it's not their fault (directly) that it fell short on so many expectations. (and a tunnel would be interesting... but your bones already get re-aligned on that ride... let people keep their hearing..... that would be deafening).

- why hasn't there been a ride placed where Flight Commander was? It's a prime location with a line que already installed (I heard originally Drop Zone was to go there).

- We can snag a flyers ride just up the road at the former Americana. Don't they have one? I hear not much goes on there these days.

Out of curiousity... let's say Universal buys (long-shot, but let's go there anyway). Would Paramount's licensing agreement for ride theming follow it to a "competitor" of sorts.... would Universal even want it... (IJST becomes the Fast and the Furious.... any spongebob attraction given a "Chucky" theme... that'll be good for the kids.

sorry, I got way off topic....

• 1 month later...

I dont know exactly what, but SOMETHING behind the FOF area. Also, it would be nice to see King Cobra in one piece again (loves that ride) As for swan lake, some sort of inverting flat that shot water jets (as someone already said). Maybe even a rocking tug? That would fit their nicely, and work in with a water theme...

As for modding current attractions, make the Cosmo green train of Fairly Odd Coaster go backwards. It would fit in with his personallity, and might even be enough of a change to account for a second credit on that ride wink.gif And for the love of god, SOMEONE NEEDS TO RETRACK RACER!

Of course all of this is feasable since, you know, Kings Island just won the lottery and has an unlimited spending budget and all. Yeah, there wont be a major change for a while, it happens every time a park gets sold, attandence goes down the drain, and there isnt any big expansion for several years.