Paramount Parks to be Divested

The Interpreter

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me Mr. Obvious but here are the 3 possible scenarios for PKI's future under new ownership.

1.) The park becomes even better with more investments, keeps paramounts themes, and a better overall experience.

2.) Everything stays the course under new ownership.

3.) SixFlags Cincinnati, SixFlags Over the Rhine, SixFlags Another Park We Destroyed and Turned in to an Overpriced Piece of Crap, or its bought by an idiot that manages the park like he use to own the REDs....

(god we can only pray for the first two.)

Seriously beleive we wont notice a difference unless there's more money invested in the park.

Good movie. Except its not like the Paramount Parks are going to close down, which is the vibe i got from your video. What with all the good bye`s under the logos.

the video is to represent a new begining and it was saying goodbye to all of paramount parks with a paramount logo and also represent how the parks were before there changed.

i jus have some ?'s

1. does this mean that there are to be more coasters at ki with the new management?

2. what is instore for the names of the paramount rides? unsure.gif

3. is paramount going to allow the new company to keep there names of there rides that are named after their movies? huh.gif

4. is there going to be a pay increse or decrese in pay for the employees? sad.gif

5. are they going to let RCT3 support there parks? (doubt it but it would be sweet) smile.gif

6.what else is viacom or CBS going to sell next? mad.gif

7. if paramount didnt buy dreamworks would paramount parks be ok? dry.gif

8. what is going to be instore for the employees that are going to come back? huh.gif

9. what are the uniforms going to look like? huh.gif

10. Who is to buy the parks? ohmy.gif

This will be a change for the better. I have seen in the past few years PKI take a small turn for the worse; but not as bad as PKD. There were certain areas where Paramount could have made the park better (i.e.: cleaner, keeping up with failed themeing, better rides, better upkeep for the rides etc.).

If a holding company were to buy KI, we should all hold on tight because there will be big changes on the horizon, two years after the sale. I work for a corporation that is owned by a holding company (KKR) and they have owned the company for 6 years now. In those 6 years KKR has invested hundreds of millions of dollars. The company started just making aluminum wheels, then became the 2nd largest aluminum manufacturer in the world (2nd to Alcoa) and just last year aquired another corporation (TTI) to become the largest manufacturer of truck parts in the world.

A holding company is in the business of making tons of money, and they willing to spend tons of money to get there. If (and this is a big if) KI were to be bought by a holding company, I do not see anyone being disappointed with the results. They will try to double their investment ASAP and then sell it, which is good for us.

A holding company is in the business of making tons of money, and they willing to spend tons of money to get there. If (and this is a big if) KI were to be bought by a holding company, I do not see anyone being disappointed with the results. They will try to double their investment ASAP and then sell it, which is good for us.

Yep...exactly.

I also worked for a company (hotel company) that was owned by KKR for a while...they increased the size of the chain by about 50%, then sold it off within a few years. The real danger is during the secondary sale...if there is greater profit to be made by selling a chain in pieces instead of as a whole, a holding company won't hesitate to do that. (Although, maybe that wouldn't be such a bad thing either...)

To answer your questions to the best of my ability:

i jus have some ?'s

1. does this mean that there are to be more coasters at ki with the new management?

Unlikely. They'll probably keep the same marketing strategy that Paramount had.

2. what is instore for the names of the paramount rides?

Unless it's picked up by another entertainment group, I'm willing to say that part of the price of the park will be use of the licenses to the rides and attractions. Additionally, they may add more movie themes with these rides.

3. is paramount going to allow the new company to keep there names of there rides that are named after their movies?

See above.

4. is there going to be a pay increse or decrese in pay for the employees?

That's nearly impossible to say at the time.

5. are they going to let RCT3 support there parks? (doubt it but it would be sweet)

RCT has an agreement with Six Flags. If they buy the parks, which they won't, it would probably be included in the game.

6.what else is viacom or CBS going to sell next?

Probably nothing for a while. It's simply that theme parks and TV shows arent' exactly hand in hand.

7. if paramount didnt buy dreamworks would paramount parks be ok?

Paramount Pictures and Paramount Parks are more or less owned by two totally different entities now. I doubt that would affect anything.

8. what is going to be instore for the employees that are going to come back?

If it were me, I'd fire everybody and start over. biggrin.gif Nah, I doubt you'll see much change. Just like when Paramount bought it from Linder.

9. what are the uniforms going to look like?

Probably VERY similar to what it is now, if there even is a change.

10. Who is to buy the parks?

My guess is an investment group. I'm crossing my fingers hoping that an entertainment company like Universal buys them, but that's kind of a long shot. Nothing has been ennounced.

Interesting note, last week, our local paper ran an article in the business section about buying stocks, CBS was the target. Paramount Parks was not listed in its portfolio..

Rick

Note: not being picky, but PGA is south of Frisco... ?, how many people on this site have ridden both Stealth and Borg Assimilator at their original park??

Excellent answers...the only other divestiture I can foresee CBS Corporation making in the short term future is Simon & Schuster, the book publisher. Books don't fit with television/radio any better than theme parks did/do....

Yeah, that's a good call. The margins in publishing are even tighter than the theme park industry!

(Also, Simon & Schuster was one of the "non-core assets" mentioned by Redstone prior to the split's announcement...)

• 4 weeks later...

What do you think?

If Blackstone would end up being the buyers of the Paramount Parks do you think they might decided not to open a new Legoland Theme Park (in the east) and just add Legoland themed areas at the Paramount Parks? Also, I know there has been a lot of talk about these investments firms, and I agree they are their to make money on a future sale but, Blackstone seems to be investing quiet nicely in the Lego parks at this time. So, I think they will, at least at the beginning, makes some good investments in the parks.

What do you think?

If Blackstone would end up being the buyers of the Paramount Parks do you think they might decided not to open a new Legoland Theme Park (in the east) and just add Legoland themed areas at the Paramount Parks? Also, I know there has been a lot of talk about these investments firms, and I agree they are their to make money on a future sale but, Blackstone seems to be investing quiet nicely in the Lego parks at this time. So, I think they will, at least at the beginning, makes some good investments in the parks.

If they become the buyer, it's difficult to say what Blackstone might do to leverage Paramount Parks with its other theme park & related holdings...

Blackstone has been known to combine multiple business that it has purchased. However, in other cases where it would seem (to an outsider anyway) like it would make sense they haven't. A good example is Extended Stay America and La Quinta hotel chains. From a hotel operations stand point the brands are complimentary and seem as though they could provide some operational synergies. But (so far anyway) they have been kept as completely separate companies with no ties other than the fact Blackstone owns them both.

I imagine their decisions about what do with the companies after they acquire them depends a lot on their exit strategy for those businesses. For example, a combined La Quinta and ESA may create too large of a company to sell easily at a later date, and it's more advantageous from an investment perspective to keep them separate. While Blackstone certainly demonstrates a lot more TLC with their investments than most, in the world of holding companies there's always an exit strategy.

Has an eastern Legoland actually been announced, or is that still just a rumor floating about?

I am going to tell you what my guess is - and it's 100% off speculation. I don't know anything more than anyone else.

My guess is that an investment company will purchase Paramount Parks and keep things exactly they the way they are now - from our perspective. Of course with a new company the compensation packages of the parks' employees would change as I reckon they'd no longer have CBS stock options.

Aside that, I think everything will pretty much be the same.

Have a great day!

Italian Chef