Manager For A Day

cougarman4907

All to often i hear...

"if i was running this place, OH, so many things would be different!"

well heres your chance.. The Situation: Youve been selected to run PKI for a day.. whatever you want, just say it and its done.. Heres your chance to CHANGE the park into what YOU want... MONEY IS NO FACTOR..

What you want is what you get.. Let your dreams run WILD!

Mine for example...

Restoration of current rides and roller coasters

New, bigger, smoother, faster, steeper, Roller coaster- past Flight of Fear

New Roller coaster design- Stand up suspended roller coaster!

More popular food items

Cleaner facilities, bathrooms, queue lines

Better kept grounds- trees, flowers

Friendlier staff-(not saying they arent!)- Staff like The Beast at night biggrin.gif

less expensive food items

free water to ensure that everyone stays hydrated inside the park.

More capacity rides

better use of land

Alright, i think you get the idea.. Let your imagination run wild!

-Cougarman4907

Probably a wasted topic, but then again, you did say here's my chance...

However, I don't know if changing the place overnight would work well, but rather, I'd implement a 15-year plan, culminating with Kings Island's 50th Anniversary in 2022. cougarman4907's list is great - except for the stand-up suspended...

- More attention to existing rides, namely The Racer - repainting to original color scheme, replacement of trains, maybe even having both trains faciing forward again. Rides with theming, esp. Adventure Express, would be enhanced.

- 'The Big One,' a B&M speed-coaster placed in the ravine near SOB and Flight of Fear

- Overhaul of the midway surfaces, replaced with type found at BGW and WDW.

- More reasonable prices on fast, counter service food, while adding full-service restaurants for premium food

- Regular size sodas $1, instant access to ice tap water.

- More, larger restrooms. Some existing restrooms are either cramped or don't have enough fixtures - both genders.

- Better signage throughout the park, from directions to popular attractions, to more that explain and enforce the smoking policy

- Return to the emphasis on themed areas - Int. Street, Coney Mall, Rivertown, and possibly a complete makeover of Action Zone.

My crowning addition for the 50th? A 15-20 story hotel over the main entrance plaza, featuring an open atrium (though enclosed), with attached parking garages, as well as conference center, restaurants, shops, and theater that could be open year-round. Think some urban hotels, especially the Disney Contemporary Resort.

yes, I am trying to figure out how long this day is, because it is not an earth day. I mean, you're going to do all of that in a day? wow. now, coastersnsuch has the right idea, you need away to implement a program that will take several years to implement. Ok, so, in one day as a manager you would need to collect as much information as possible to help you with that plan making. You have to get out into the park and meet a lot of guests, if you already work in the park before hand, you may have an advantage here. So, now you've done some research, you'll need to make calls, have meetings, make a plan, and that's your day as a manager.

Now, if I was manager for awhile, I would implement a strategy to clean up and retheme the park, or at least fix theming problems. That would be a sta

I'd enact positive incentives that would encourage better behavior among potentially rowdy guests.

I'd open up "hidden" areas to more visible security so as to discourage vandalism, fighting, line-jumping, etc.

I'd put the lights back on top of International Street, and I'd use the Winterfest lighting scheme (sans the 'tree' lights) on the Tower (and replace the ugly strobe light with the more aesthetic red glowing beacon).

I'd install another bank of lockers.

I'd hire a company to develop an inexpensive toilet-paper dispenser that would emit a loud shriek anytime someone tries to take enough paper to stuff the commodes by The Vortex! smile.gif

yes, I am trying to figure out how long this day is, because it is not an earth day. I mean, you're going to do all of that in a day?

Sorry i wasnt specific in my time frames.. instead of manager for a day.. you can choose how long to be manager for, in the vicinity of 1 day-to 15 or so years..

if thats alright..

Sorry for the confusion.. also, the stand up suspended was just a crazy idea i threw out there.. lol.. sorry about that.. sometimes i try to take weird combos of roller coasters and fit them together.. biggrin.gif

-Cougarman4907