Expedition Everest

Screamscape.com has posted some great photos and a nice video of Expedition Everest running during preview for seasson pass holders. It is nice to see Disney has done a first class act to adding a signature attraction to Animal Kingdom. The ride looks great and I love how the track is torn aprart at various parts of the ride. Cant wait to ride.

Hopefully we will get a good themed coaster next year. ($100,000,000 no, but maybe $20,000,000) Not in defense of PKI but even Disney opens 'carnival' rides. Examples: Animal Kingdom's TricersTops Spin and Primeval Whirl and Disney's California Adventure has a lot carnival rides. Let hope PKI can theme them as well as Disney.

I really am looking forward to everest it looks amazing my favortie ride at disney world is Splash Mountain if only pki could add in a ride like that I would be happy but paramount gives crap we dont want look at ijst I really dislike that coaster.

Here is a link to another Everest video, this one was taken from the front seat. Per usual, Disney has outdone themselves. Having seen the mountain in person back in September when it was nearing completion, its an impressive site from anywhere you are in Animal Kingdom. I can't wait to check this thing out in a few months!

http://www.rollercoasterpro.com/updates/ev...06/index1.shtml

I really am looking forward to everest it looks amazing my favortie ride at disney world is Splash Mountain if only pki could add in a ride like that I would be happy but paramount gives crap we dont want look at ijst I really dislike that coaster.

Here is a link to another Everest video, this one was taken from the front seat. Per usual, Disney has outdone themselves. Having seen the mountain in person back in September when it was nearing completion, its an impressive site from anywhere you are in Animal Kingdom. I can't wait to check this thing out in a few months!

http://www.rollercoasterpro.com/updates/ev...06/index1.shtml

I think that was a better video than the other one.

Can't wait to ride.

I just got back from WDW, we rode everest and I was a little disappointed. It is good, but for the amount of money and time spent on the ride I was expecting more.

..matt

$100,000,000 just doesn't buy what it used to... biggrin.gif

Seriously, though, is there any other ride you'd compare it to? I've wondered how the ride experience compares to Universal's "Mummy".

If there was a ride of the decade award, I would vote EE!!! The Queue Line is the most detailed one I have ever seen!

Do they "Fast Pass" it? The first time I rode Indiana Jones at DL (before Fast Pass), I couldn't believe the theming in the queue...it was incredible. I rode it several years later with Fast Pass and you bypassed so much of the queue it really took a lot away from the overall experience.

My insider at Disney tells me he thinks it went way over the $100,000,000. If you think about it Mission Space was 100,000,000 and Everest seems to have been a bigger project.

I bet you anything it's true. These things almost definitely run over budget, and what's 5 million to PKI could be 25 million to Disney. I guess it's a matter of what more could go wrong.

If there was a ride of the decade award, I would vote EE!!! The Queue Line is the most detailed one I have ever seen!

Do they "Fast Pass" it? The first time I rode Indiana Jones at DL (before Fast Pass), I couldn't believe the theming in the queue...it was incredible. I rode it several years later with Fast Pass and you bypassed so much of the queue it really took a lot away from the overall experience.

From what I have heard, there is a fast past for this ride.

I definately will take a trip to this park when I visit my cusions in Orlando and ride Everest! It was a awsome video of the ride,I wish PKI could pull off something like this but it won't ever happen with a roller coaster! SOB needs some effects to it,put some fog around the first turn going up the lift or on the helixs,put some tunnels on it. I think they should invest in this ride and make it worth the $, years to come just like the father has! I hope something is done with the trains on it within the next year. I really hate being in pain on that ride. A guest should not have to go through that. Its not just the track that is the problem everyone has all known this forever now. Its the trains make the ride comfortable for everyone of all ages to get to experience in a normal way.I think they should follow how they changed the restraints on FOF and change the trains instead of restraints on SOB... I really can understand it takes $ but why not save themself from having a lawsuit or something worse happening. This is just my two cents on this. wink.gif

If I could afford it I would go to both... But I would pick most likely Holiday if I didn't have the $ or family I could stay with in Orlando. I would love to try out Voyage the video looked awsome! Disney World is going to be expensive,you also have to figure the cost of your entire trip down there. Its a lot more expensive then going to Holiday World also. wink.gif