Hanna-Barbera film revealed

Vortex

My guess is that this is a stand-alone licensed attraction...much like as Universal used it. (That was their only HB attraction in the park...)

This is a good move...it was a pretty cool attraction (well, by early-90s standards I guess <g>). I'll enjoy seeing it again. (What replaced this attraction at USF--was it Shrek 4D?)

Yabba-Dabba-DOO! Finally I was hoping Funtastic World of HB would make a re-turn that 3D movie is great & FUN! .... thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Awsome move paramount! ..But why are they playing SB3D? That movie is old and worn they should but HB in side A and the Indy Jones film in side B.

Besides arent we all a little sick of SB3D I know Iam thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

(What replaced this attraction at USF--was it Shrek 4D?)

Nope it was Jimmy Neutrons:Nicktoon Blast-I think Paramount Parks will be seeing this ride very soon I mean how long can they play SB3D?

Ahh, yes I forgot about that one...

You're right, "Jimmy Neutron" would make a lot of sense for the Paramount Parks.

This is kind of an odd question, but for those of you familiar with the technology, how exactly does the media in the FX Theater work? Obviously there's the film and the computer programming that syncs the seat movement with the film action, but are the two syncronized into one piece of media? I guess I'm wondering how "plug-n-play" the whole set up is...

I've always been curious about how that technology works.

Being probably the second most informative source on Action Theatre here here's my shot on it. There is a large mainframe computer that has the controls to the seats and controls to start the projectors and sound. There are 2 projectors one for the regular image, one for the other. When the operators press the start buttons it starts the ride program which starts the seats, projectors, and sound. Sometimes they get out of sync and then maintainence will fix it. Answer the question good enough? I hope Matt is satisfied with my answer.

Being probably the second most informative source on Action Theatre here here's my shot on it. There is a large mainframe computer that has the controls to the seats and controls to start the projectors and sound. There are 2 projectors one for the regular image, one for the other. When the operators press the start buttons it starts the ride program which starts the seats, projectors, and sound. Sometimes they get out of sync and then maintainence will fix it. Answer the question good enough? I hope Matt is satisfied with my answer.

Yeah, thanks for the information. Other than adding the 3D projection system, I assume the hardware remains the same regardless of which attraction is running?

I find that whole technology really interesting. I'd love to learn a lot more about how its developed and used...

This is the best news PKI has ever given out!!! They will finally be getting an attraction of Universal caliber tongue.gif j/k This will get me through the whole off season and then some. Thank you Paramount Parks, I knew after 42 unanswered emails, that you finally realized just what a great idea I was suggesting! You could've just announced this and saved Nick Universe as an added bonus!!!

I really hope paramount parks play the pre-show to The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera the pre-show was so cool!

Yeah, it was very creative and it would give us a chance to see William Hanna and Joseph Barbera again! Not to mention the story would fall apart if they didn't play it rolleyes.gif Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the preshow use two medium sized TV's and the one large one huh.gif I don't see how PKI is gonna pull this off without some modifications to the preshow area. To bad they aren't going to get rid of the crappy arcade for the old Hanna-Barbera post show area and a small gift shop.

Yabba-Dabba-DOO! Finally I was hoping Funtastic World of HB would make a re-turn that 3D movie is great & FUN! .... thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Awsome move paramount! ..But why are they playing SB3D? That movie is old and worn  they should but HB in side A and the Indy Jones film in side B.

Besides arent we all a little sick of SB3D I know Iam thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Well I'm a little sick of SpongeBob 3D but does that really matter...when the kids love it rolleyes.gif I think this would give the best varitety offered at any theme park EVER!!! Cartoons for both generations.

BTW, one side of the Action FX Theater is 3D (SpongeBob) and the other is 2D (Hanna-Barbera), it works out biggrin.gif And it gives us one of the best 2D movies in years, possibly EVER!!! I think we'll finally see an even amount of people on both sides of the Theater and LOTS of happy faces, but then again, SpongeBob's not even on the park map so lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Now if only they would add some theming or landscaping back there in the Action FX queue. It could also use some new paint laugh.gif Everything looks like it's dying and falling apart, it's depressing.

Ummmm, ninja, if you claim to know the most about that ride from the rides dept, then you are probabily the 6-7th most knowledgeable person. You forgot Steve, me, Cory, Don, Matt, ect.

The technology is such as this:

A mainframe computer has a seat program set on it to send to 32 control units for each individual seat. This computer is also in charge of sending out start commands for the two projectors, one for left eye and one for the right eye, the DTS (digital theatre sound) system to start reading the sound code off of the film, and the start commands for the seats. All seat movements are controlled by a single "digital" seat, loaded onto the computer. This cuts down on the chances that the seats get out of sync from each other to 0. When the operators hit the start buttons, the projectors fire up, the sound system reads the code, and the seats start to "watch" the digital seat program.

Thats it in laymans terms.

A mainframe computer has a seat program set on it to send to 32 control units for each individual seat. This computer is also in charge of sending out start commands for the two projectors, one for left eye and one for the right eye, the DTS (digital theatre sound) system to start reading the sound code off of the film, and the start commands for the seats. All seat movements are controlled by a single "digital" seat, loaded onto the computer. This cuts down on the chances that the seats get out of sync from each other to 0. When the operators hit the start buttons, the projectors fire up, the sound system reads the code, and the seats start to "watch" the digital seat program.

Thats it in laymans terms.

SOB_tom your full of crap, if you really worked at the park you would know that this year they are tearing out all the old stuff in the action fx theatre and installing two stages, metal bleachers, and shakespear re-enactments every day on the hour from 1 post meridiam till 6 post meridiam! What a fool you are!