NU Construction Photos 2/9/06

BoddaH1994

ohh my god juggs!!!!

juggs! LMFAO! laugh.gif Hey there!

Joe - the rides can be mounted permanently or temporarily. We are mounting ours permanently. That does not mean that they are not carnival rides. You can find skaters just like Avatar that can be packed up in an hour or so - to be moved to the next carnival. So yeah WooferBear is right you are wrong. The rides are in fact carnie rides.

yeah its just dirt but.... there is still a lot of work to be done! Dont you think they will repaint some rides like sky tours??? Bc that paint job looks like my Sh#T I just took! LOL Anyways by the time they get the rides in re pave everything retheme rides ect, paint them in 2 months?? Remember its PKI not Cedar Point our rides ALWAYS open a month behind schedule!

I was trying to say that it is going to take more than a few hours to set upo the rides because they are going to be permently fixed.

Oh I thought you were saying these were special designed rides for parks or something. Yeah they will be mounted differently - to be more permanent. But I am saying there are carnival versions that are identical to ours - just have different bases.

I'm sure they could put up the rides in one day minus the concrete placement for the bases. That would take a few days. I'm just not excited about pictures of dirt. If there was like vallies and stuff for a coaster, yeah that would be good pictures, but it's a picture of a big open area of dirt. Son of Beast was about a month to a month and a half late. I remembered riding it at the end of May if I remember right.

Yeah. It opened on April 28th. I was on one of the first train loads once the coaster opened. It was a Friday evening and the park didn`t open until five. Son of Beast didn`t open until around 7. It closed due a "rough spot" of track and remained closed for several weeks. They didn`t get multiple trains running on it until mid summer of 2000.

The reason Son of Beast closed early was so that they could get a head start on some extensive track work. I highly doubt that the park will be removing both Flight of Fear AND Vortex in the coming couple of seasons. Those are both major rides. Secondly, Flight of Fear is only ten years old this year. Although it will be interesting to see what exactly PKD is doing with their FoF since they are not opeing it.

...which brings up the question, has Kings Island ever taken out a ride that was less than ten years old (other than The Bat)?

Any guesses that Dominion's FOF is now under an extensive re-theme? If so, to what theme will it be made under?

-SoundWave (originally with MTV at the front, but they got rid of it)

-War of the Worlds/Star Trek (lots of people want FOF to continue its sci-fi atmosphere)

-Addams Family Coaster (can't really see this kooky family overrtaking Hangar 18, but it could be an idea)

One last thing, if this rumor of Vortex being taken out at the end of this season is true, then are there any guesses as to what will take its place (obviously a coaster of sorts rolleyes.gif)?

-Addams Family Coaster (the massive ravine and forested area will help aid the overall scare factor of the coaster's environment)

-Mission: Impossible Coaster (makes sense now that Canada's Wonderland is receiving the Stunt Show, so a high-speed thrill rush with Tom Cruise is bound to happen)

-Themed coaster provided by investment firm/entertainment group who buys the parks (Paramount did the same with Top Gun, as it was originally named Thunder Road)

Well thats a credible enough source for me. biggrin.gif

Lets just throw some rumors out there and see what sticks. Eventually if you say enough crap you will be right about something...

Back to NU photos... Honestly for the way this area was hyped and with only a few months left till opening, Im finding it hard to beleive that PKI will either have it ready or that this area is nothing more than some carny rides with new pavement, and cutoutts.

Hopefully with the addition of all these great carnival rides we can also get our own carnies to run the rides. They could move their RVs in to the parking lot and live their all summer and then for FearFest this year we would just navigate the trecherous carny camp at night... Can you imagine how frightning that would be?

Just wanted to say thanks to Maureen for taking the time and trouble to keep us updated...even if it may not appear so, I am sure the majority of the people here appreciate your efforts. It is not possible for me to come to the construction tour so these photos are great for me...it also makes the "off-season" seem a lot shorter.

Thanks again!