What if you owned Kings Island?

italianchef

What if you were in a restaurant and saved the life on Viacom's CEO using the Heimlich maneuver - and he decided to reward you by giving you ownership of Kings Island. However....the following conditions would apply:

1. It would no longer be a Paramount park, so all ride names, characters, logos, SHOWS, etc. relating to Paramount, Nickelodeon, or any affiliation to Viacom must be changed. The season pass would no longer be accepted at other Paramount parks.

2. Hence, Paramount's Action Zone, Top Gun, Congo Falls, Face/Off, Wings Diner, and Bubba-Gump Shrimp Shack would have to have their names changed and be re-themed.

3. Nickelodeon Central would have to go. So, you would have to annex the territory into Hanna-Barbera Land and re-theme and re-name the rides after Hanna-Barbera.

4. You'd have to give up TR:TR to another Paramount park.

6. You had to retain the same staff at the park.

With all this in mind, how would you the new owner re-theme the rides, restaurants, areas, and shows that used to be be Viacom/Paramount/Nickelodeon themed? And, what changes would you make on your own since you would be the owner of the park?

This imaginary scenario would be a great intellectual exercise for anyone of any age. Have a great day!

Italian Chef

:chef:

I would like to change Action Zone into a military base themed area [like FoF, im not sure what they'd do with FoF though]. Also, I would make a Lost Continent-style area [like IOA's]. The kiddy area would be difficult to think of. Coney Mall i'd probably keep the same, like a day in an old fashioned amusement park. The major change I'd make pretty much is to change Action Zone into a huge Military Base, and the area around The Beast into Lost Continent style theming. If Viacom's CEO let me keep Tomb Raider but rename and retheme it, I'd match it with the lost continent idea. For 2004 I'd continue with the waterpark, and in 2005 I'd build a very creative coaster-style ride. It'd basically be the most massively themed ride known to an amusement park, Disney style with special effects. Kind of like the new Return of Mummy coming at Universal Orlando, but have some fast parts and possible an inversion or two. Most likely a launched coaster, but only a comfortable one, and mostly theming. The year afterward, i would make some kind of themed attraction again, but not a coaster-style one.

This is :offtopic: but i think that PKI has what alot of parks don't, a HUGE ability for theming. With all the Paramount movies out, i think PKI should have more heavily themed rides. Just a name isnt good enough. For example: Face/Off and DropZone could use some theming, as well as maybe some more for Beast and Son of Beast [A story, etc]. I think theming is one of the enjoyable parts of a ride.

lol chef this is like stuff from a kid's book. Anyway if this happened in real life id probly sell the park :( no money to change the names heh. But as a fantasy world and based on the purpose of the question id just change the names nothing would have to be rethemed unless logo's are used. Id wait a couple years saving up money then try to put in a flying hyper coaster or something of that matter :rolleyes: Id also put a picture and a plaque of every ride ever at pki in its location (or closest it can get) to being in hte same spot. Id definatly refurbish the fof themeing (it was great but theyve let it really go downhill) Id try to add a record breaking or prototype coaster every 3-5 years. Get better themed area's for the park since that has went downhill to. Well first thing id do anyway is finish top gun imo it is a unfinished roller coaster. It stops way to soon with to much momenteum and it has plenty of room to go out in the direction its pointed when it stops. edited : OMG SOMEONE ELSE LIKES MY MILITARY SCI FI THEME IDEA WEEE! just posted this and seen that lol.

Lol, yes Rickster i liked it alot. I forgot who had posted it so i didnt mention it..i've been thinking along those lines for awhile now, but never figured out what to call it. I used to call it Futuristic etc, but in my mind it was military.

Yea its my dream themed area. I was actually hoping that viacom owned sci fi channel and could theme it to that but they dont. :( But it would be a great area the Flight of Fear area would be great all the way down the side of The Racer. The helicopter tours are there all the time. Maby get some custom made black hawk's with plexiglass florrs and door's in the back so the tour's are still good from inside the helicopter but on the outside they look like black army helicopters. Plus since they are always taking off it would give the feeling that it was a actualy air force base with choppers constantly landing and taking off. Maby even have a dark ride epcot style or just a little kiosk for the military to show off past present and future tech. (this would also help pay for it) maby even have hummers donated by the military that could have video screens and in exchange they can give out like recruitment information. Plus it all fits into the theme. It wouldnt be right without a couple hummers just depends if you wanna actually bring the military in on it. Hard part is is just theming everything. I was thinking barrels stacked up some places to make walls with the appropriate radioactive and biohazard labeling. (not really barrels cuase they could fall) Not to mention for fearfest this would be great actually going into a ufo that could double as a restauraunt when its not fear fest. It would be pretty sweet to go into a ufo seeing all the half human half alien experiments and being chased by them etc. I also thought this would be the only area of the park to get certain things like green ketchup and green icee's to fit the theme to. Lemme know any other thoughts.

Well I would call it "JAMZ-LAND"

And I would retheme it to a musical kind of thing.

Maybe try and get one of the major record labels to

let me use the rights to some of there bands and such.

FOF would become a PINK FLOTD based ride maybe like darkside of the moon.Have Floyd playing the whole time on the ride .

I will have to think of some other ones but hey you get the Idea. B)