Screechin Eagle

I dont know how many of you have ever ridden the classic Screechin Eagle woddie at LeSourdsville Lake, but it is a true classic coaster and delivers a great ride. I am surprised the coaster has not been sold off like other great woodies of the past or that nobody has offered to buy it.

Honestly it would be a great addition to any park.

Other ideas for the LeSourdsville Lake. Wonder why nobody has tried to turn this park around. It could be as good as Holiday World if it had the right ownership and opperation procedures. I think it still could be very successful even with PKI so close. Just is a shame to see a nice park SBNO.

And unfortunately, the more years that it goes SBNO, the less likely it will be to fully reopen as an amusement park. The return on investment is simply not there. That is why Park River Corporation (Coney`s parent company) sold the park off. They had invested lots of money into the park, but saw little return on their investment. Hopefully, someone will come in and get this classic park running again. But I have my doubts.

I simply wish the Screechin Eagle could be sold to another park, It could be so nice to see it in a bigger park, including the fact that it is a nice bit of heritage to the coaster force. However I could not see it at PKI, simply because Racer is there, which brings me to a new tangent. Why do people think The Racer is bad? It is a great Peice of history, it brought Roller Coasters back into the limelight, Its not too big, not too small, Its got two choices, Its suitable for EVERYONE!

I simply wish the Screechin Eagle could be sold to another park, It could be so nice to see it in a bigger park, including the fact that it is a nice bit of heritage to the coaster force. However I could not see it at PKI, simply because Racer is there, which brings me to a new tangent. Why do people think The Racer is bad? It is a great Peice of history, it brought Roller Coasters back into the limelight, Its not too big, not too small, Its got two choices, Its suitable for EVERYONE!

that was me, Im retarded and signed on wrong...

I could see SFKK getting the Screechin Eagles they some room for the ride. Know if PKI got rid of SOB and replaced it with Screechin Eagles I would be one happy person.

HA HA HA HA HA

No, they dont have room... are you nutz?

Everything is laid out seemingly with no reason to it at all...

think about it, there is no way to get behind Chang except for going around it, the land around the fence has become overgrown.

Cannot do it over by the Twins, there is NO ROOM, then by Blizzard River, no room,

the only area is from the road dividing the parking lot to just beside Blizzard river, the park does not even own this land, and really close to this area is about 15-20 white trashy houses...

It wont be coming to Louisville... sorry

It is less expensive, in most cases, to build a new wooden roller coaster than to relocate one....especially one that has sat unused as long as The Screechin Eagle has.

As for Racer, those of us who are hardest on it now remember what it was like when it (they?) gave incredible air-filled fast and SMOOTH rides, with no midcourse brakes, much less chains to help it up the hill before the brakes...and with skid brakes, big old brake levers and flip down lap bars. Once upon a time, I could say without shame that Racer was my favourite wood coaster...I can't say that now and haven't been able to for many, many years....it isn't even my favourite wood coaster(s) at PKI, nor my second. I honestly prefer the Fairly Odd Coaster to it, and even that doesn't run like it did in the Scooby Doo yellow days...

In all fairness, I should add that The Screechin Eagle, while a fine coaster, is not my favourite wood coaster in Ohio. That, you see, is owned by Cedar Fair. Now. It's at Geauga Lake, The Big Dipper. I just hope it reopens this year with the inhouse built NAD style trains it closed with last season. No seat dividers, thick (and cutting into seat room) cushioning, John Miller airtime in abundance, and excellent track work. Well, at least after they fixed the pothole at the bottom of the first drop in July!!!

That, boys and girls, is one fine wood coaster.

Those are NOT just antirollbacks. They are chains. They are used only early in the season. There are also anti-rollbacks, but those are NOT what I am talking about. And John Allen didn't design them, didn't put them there and the coaster(s) didn't need them when it/they ran as he designed it/them....

It's also NOT a Nick joke. The new season means my favourite wood in that park is now called The Fairly Odd Coaster. Deal with it. It's reality.

Those are NOT just antirollbacks. They are chains. They are used only early in the season. There are also anti-rollbacks, but those are NOT what I am talking about. And John Allen didn't design them, didn't put them there and the coaster(s) didn't need them when it/they ran as he designed it/them....

It's also NOT a Nick joke. The new season means my favourite wood in that park is now called The Fairly Odd Coaster. Deal with it. It's reality.

They are antirollbacks, Thunder Road has them too. They were put there so they could just pull it over the turnaround hill, and didn't have to pull it all the way up.

Uh huh.

They are chains, and are used only in the first few weeks of the season. I know full well what they are, and watched them being installed.

Go ahead, think they are whatever you like..but it reminds me of a story Abraham Lincoln told:

If you call a sheep's tail a leg, how many legs does a sheep have, he would ask?

The listener would answer five, every time.

His response would be four...you can call it whatever you like, but it is what it is....

(And Thunder Road DOES have anti-rollbacks where Racer and recaR (or North and South) have chains....and anti-rollbacks)