Best Manufacturer

Captain Obvious

• 2 weeks later...

First off, this is my 500th post. HOORAY!!!!! :DB):P:o:wacko: :chef: :D

I voted for Arrow. They practically built Disneyland in Anaheim, California...which began the modern theme park era. Also, they built Adventure Express which kicks as-s-pirin.

G'Day mate!

Italian Chef

:chef:

Actually, both Arrow and Intamin are not known just for their roller coasters. They are also repsonsible for several flat rides at PKI and other parks. Intamin is responsible for Drop Zone, Congo Falls, VIking Fury, Eiffel Tower, and White Water Canyon. Arrow in addition to Adventure Express, Vortex, and Top Gun is also responsible for Antique Cars, Wild Thornberrys River Adventure and the now defunct Kenton`s Cove Keelboat Canal. Personally though, I think that B&M offers a wonderful, smooth, thrilling and high capacity ride.

I guess from a pure manufacturing stand point, I give the nod to B&M. Simply put, they offer the best in quality. Well engineered rides, smooth riding experiences, minimal downtown time all equal a great investment by a park. From a ride experience, Intamin ALL the way. Nothing can top Superman at Six Flags New England for me, it really is the most amazing ride experience out there! I like the fact that they do try a lot of innovative ideas and seem to continue to roll out unique rides each time.

As for Arrow.....I give them plenty of credit for the things they accomplished. Charles mentioned the attractions at Disneyland, Magnum XL 200, the first corkscrew coaster. Just a pity that most of the rides no longer offer a comfortable ride experience with those god awful transitions. I'll give 'em credit though, Tennessee Tornado is a VAST improvement over anything they've done, granted its not really the same company as in the past. Still, its a great ride.......very smooth!

- Todd

I'll have to go for Arrow myself. Although Intamin and B&M do make great rides, you can not forget where it all started. As far as smoothness goes, I think that Arrow's aren't exactly smooth at all as compared to the other two, then again, I think that if The Vortex were too smooth, it wouldn't be nearly as good of an experience.

I think it depends on what kind of experience you are looking for. You have to give Arrow their props when it comes to coasters. You can go to virtually any park and find at least one Arrow coaster in that park. Unfortunately, they never manufactured their own rails, so that is part of the reason they are as rough as they are. Now, B&M is great because they came up with the inverted coaster and perfected the standing coaster. And, they are great when it comes to smooth coasters. Intamin, they are I think the up and coming coaster kings. They have great smoothness to them, plus they have been pushing the envelope when it comes to new technology and advancements.

I think that Arrow's aren't exactly smooth at all as compared to the other two, then again, I think that if The Vortex were too smooth, it wouldn't be nearly as good of an experience.

Hahaha, so true that they aren't smooth. Ya know, I can handle head banging. I used to LOVE Steel Phantom (RIP) at Kennywood....and darn did that thing slam ya around. However, Arrow rides with me are just like Son of Beast.......I don't like to have to defensively ride a coaster to enjoy it. I want to enjoy it in any seat, any condition, any day. Imagine the intensity that Vortex has WITHOUT the complimentary head bashing? :-) With that said, too bad the "new" Arrow came about a bit too late in the game to really get their feet wet with rides like Tennessee Tornado.

- Todd - who really does appreciate Arrow's contribution to the industry

I think that Arrow's aren't exactly smooth at all as compared to the other two, then again, I think that if The Vortex were too smooth, it wouldn't be nearly as good of an experience.

Hahaha, so true that they aren't smooth. Ya know, I can handle head banging. I used to LOVE Steel Phantom (RIP) at Kennywood....and darn did thing slam ya around. However, Arrow rides with me are just like Son of Beast.......I don't like to have to defensively ride a coaster to enjoy it. I want to enjoy it in any seat, any condition, any day. Imagine the intensity that Vortex has WITHOUT the complimentary head bashing? :-) With that said, too bad the "new" Arrow came about a bit too late in the game to really get their feet wet with rides like Tennessee Tornado.

- Todd - who really does appreciate Arrow's contribution to the industry

That may be a height issue. I am quite a bit taller than you are, and I don't have the head banging problem. When I was younger, I used to have to hold on to the OTSRs themselves in order to prevent getting boxed around. The only part that affects me is when they have that sudden shift in the track before the two loops. (Hence the story behind 'Arrow Just Kicked My Ass' line in my signature.)

Now, if we are comparing Arrows with Intamins, that comparison isn't entirely fair. A lot of people will want to compare The Vortex with something like TTD, which would be a 1 year old ride vs. a ride that's over a decade old. The technology has changed and time has weathered older rides. It would be like saying that you like a 2004 Ford Focus better than a '57 Chevy because of the power steering.

Now, if you look at the other two Arrow coasters in the park, they aren't really rough at all.

Just a thought,

Ryan

It's not the rails that causes the roughness, but rather the wheel assembly

I was reading up on Coasterbuzz and some of the people were saying that it is a combination of the wheel assembly, the fact that they never manufactured their own track and some other factors. I can post a link if requested.

• 3 weeks later...

I choose Premier even though its not on the list, I love their trains and I have only been on Flight of Fear but it's definitely my favorite Steel coaster around. The fact that Premier modeled their track similar Swarzkopft makes me like them even more, Anton Swarzkopft is the father of the inversion and using a modified version of his track style is a high sign of respect in my eyes. :ph34r:

• 1 month later...

B&M, I can ride a B&M invert or floorless any day for ever, Arrrow coasters are just way to rough for me (as a collective group, Flight of Fear,Vortex arnt to bad) Intamin i like too with the coasters out there like Millennium Force, Top Thrill Dragster, and alot of the Supermans out there, for the best restraint system i like the Intamin's the best.