2006 Park Map up!

RollerNut

Ahhh! Why can't I download the bigger version off the park's website. It's not working for some reason. mad.gif

Edit: I got the small version to work. It looks like no Crash Course Boating School, sadly. sad.gif The rest of the attractions look like a nice expansion though. Yay for some new news!

Yep. There must be something wrong with the large one, because I can`t download it either. I like this years map better than last year, simply because it has all the attractions listed on the bottom. I only wish I could get the full size version to see all the details and names of the Nick Universe attractions. Did you notice that they have Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle not as part of Nick Universe but as part of International Street.

Ahhh! Why can't I download the bigger version off the park's website. It's not working for some reason. mad.gif

Edit: I got the small version to work. It looks like no Crash Course Boating School, sadly. sad.gif The rest of the attractions look like a nice expansion though. Yay for some new news!

I assure you, the rides listed in the "New Nick Universe Attractions Released" thread are the only three rides which will be added this season.

The Phantom Flyers, the Kite Flyer ride, will be located over by Wild Thornberrys River Adventure, adjacent to the restrooms. Plankton`s Plunge, the Jumping Star, will be located in front of the Spongebob water maze. And obviously, Avatar will be located on the approximate spot of the former Scooby`s Ghoster Coaster. Atom Ant Airways will now be know as Tommy`s Airtours. The HB Carousel and Boulder Bumpers will be the Nick-O-Round and Jiummy Neutron`s Atom Smashers respectively. The kiddie turnpike will be known as Nick Jr. Cruisers, and the former Yogi`s Sky Tours will be known as Lazytown Sporticopters.

The two rides that I do not know what they will be is Swipers Sweepers, located about where Dick Dastardly`s biplanes used to reside. I think that this might be the kiddie whip, perhaps? The other ride is Go Diego Go, in the former location of the kiddie handcars. Here is the footing for this ride. Based on the name, and the size of the concrete pad, I would assume that the ride is the relocated Hampton Car ride. Both of these rides are restricted to kids under 54".

The Swiper's Sweepers ride is most likely the mini-planes. La whatever De Azul which translates to Azul Adventure I believe is the Quickdraw's Railway. I don't think they would move rides around, Carowinds didn't. I thought it said Timmy's Airtours. laugh.gif What about Blue's Skidoo? It is hard to tell anything b/c the map appears to be low quality.

I wonder what the orange thing says betwwen AE and DOT ?

Ans why is river towns ground BLUE ?

Notice beastie( farily odd coaster) is not listed on the cover will all the other big coasters.

Pixie and dixie swing set will be orange.

Beasties still purple.

chickfla is located under I street because its purple gound and symbol.

Not jestons jet orbit .

I like how on Carowinds' map, they use the logo for our Top Gun coaster, and we use the logo for The Jet Coaster.

I know we've been using the Jet Coaster logo on our maps, but I've never noticed Carowinds' map before. Kinda funny. tongue.gif

It also appears that our "Ten acre, largest in the world Nick-themed area" is matched with Carowinds' "15 acre, largest in the world Nick-themed area"

RollerNut. PKI will have to be moving some rides around. Why? Because they are only installing three new rides from Zamperla. As a result, the ride that is being put on the former site of the handcars is most likely one of the old rides from HBL. My guess is the Hampton Car ride. Also, according to the image in the map, it almost looks like the Dora`s Sweeper ride is a long oval shape, similar to what the kiddie Whip is. Only time will tell what some of these attractions turn out to be. Either way, it looks like the area will surely be a hit with kids. Yes, there is no Spongebob Crash Coarse boating school, but there is hope for that in future years. (I doubt it will be next year, I think something will be in store for the bigger kids, but that is just my opinion).

Yes, they are keeping Quickdraw`s railway. And in response to the HB film in the Action Theater, that will be played on side B, and probably won`t open until full season kicks off at the end of May.

How is that going the cheap route?? The park is simply improving an existing popular attraction, something that probably is not as cheap as you think it is to do.

Just because we are not getting the spongebob crash course....which btw, the park NEVER said we would be getting...so im not sure why you are so ****ed about it not being there.

it doesnt coast a lot of money to relocat some rides and retheme some and add 3 new carnival rides! Yeas PP is going cheap! Just look at Carowinds...... New BB!! Yeah but they didnt get any new slides for adults and teens! WTF Pro Slide Tornados dont cost a lot! And PGA is only gettin a disco! You tell me if thats cheap or not!

it doesnt coast a lot of money to relocat some rides and retheme some and add 3 new carnival rides! Yeas PP is going cheap! Just look at Carowinds......  New BB!! Yeah but they didnt get any new slides for adults and teens! WTF Pro Slide Tornados dont cost a lot! And PGA is only gettin a disco! You tell me if thats cheap or not!

Carowinds hasn't got anything new since 2003. Our new BB lagoon is an old water pond, and our new waterslide is coming from PKD. The whole Paramount Parks chain is going cheap more than likely to look better with the investors. Paramount Parks knows the General Public is stupid when it comes to a "new" logo. In other words, as one of our managers says "They check their brains at the gate." and their "IQ drops 20 points."

Have to agree but you have to understand the parks point of view. This is not an area that Paramount or Viacom intends to stay in. It makes no sense for them to add large capital ventures if they have no interest in keeping the parks.

Let's all hope and pray that the sale goes through early this year or it's possible you won't see much of anything in 2007 either.

I doubt it, we have signs telling you where our rides are, and people still can't find them. Of course, the most common question is "Where is the nearest restroom?" Use the FREE park maps, and stop throwing me on the ground. My favorite question is "Where is Top Gun?" blink.gif My answer(unless it is dark) "Go towards that blue and gray coaster over there, it is at the top of the hill."