WORLD’S FIRST REALITY COASTER, SURVIVOR THE RIDE, TO DEBUT AT PARAMOUNT’S GREAT AMERICA THIS SPRING

SANTA CLARA, California – (Feb. 22, 2006) – Big time Hollywood-style reality thrills await adventurers this spring as Paramount’s Great America unleashes the world’s first reality rollercoaster, SURVIVOR The Ride.

Based on the hit CBS series that returned for its 12th installment on Thursday, Feb. 2, the ride combines the excitement and feel of the show with classic theme park thrills.

The real-life adventure show seen by almost 20 million viewers each season comes to life in an interactive attraction that recreates the rugged SURVIVOR atmosphere. Surrounded by the sounds of tribal music and jungle drums, thrill seekers embark on a journey past fiery 40-foot tall torches, exotic tribal relics and tropical landscaping reflective of previous international SURVIVOR locales. Those brave enough can participate in an endurance immunity challenge as seen on the Emmy award-winning show or relive SURVIVOR moments through memoirs of previous seasons.

And what is SURVIVOR The Ride without competition?

Guests are divided into two tribes and challenged to demonstrate their enthusiasm through tribal chants and ritual dance movements that trigger a collection of native masks to spray water on the losing tribe. Watch as tribes try to outplay and outspray castaways aboard the ride.

The adventure continues as tribes of riders board a giant circular vessel complete with a towering tribal mask looming at its center. Guests sit facing outward and experience a thrilling rocking and spinning motion as the platform swirls along a wave-like track -- all while traversing through rugged terrain and ascending hills as high as five stories tall!

“Paramount’s Great America is thrilled to open the world’s first reality coaster,†says Rod Rankin, senior vice president and general manager of Paramount’s Great America. “The alliance between SURVIVOR, TV’s hottest real-life adventure show, and coaster thrills is the perfect combination for a ride experience unlike any other,†adds Rankin.

With the addition of SURVIVOR The Ride, Paramount’s Great America offers the most roller coasters in Northern California as well as the most rides and the most water rides. The 100-acre theme park is also home to an 11-acre water park and more than a dozen Nickelodeon® characters including SpongeBob SquarePants™ and Dora the Explorer™.

Here are some of the pics of the new ride.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Do they really think they're going to get riders together to do chants and dance?

It is possible to the people waiting in line to sing during a downtime, I know that for a fact because I was the one who started it, and the only associate doing it. Now the managers tell stories of that night.

PKI is getting the samething only Nick Toon Theme. I guess they will tame it down a bit for the kids. They have a video of it running on the web page of the people who are making the ride.

OUrs I believe will be smaller. This will be a cool ride if PGA keeps up the theming. Is that as tall as its going to be int hose pictures there or is it going to be bigger? I cant tell if thats 5 stories or not yet.

^Me too cool.gif They deserve it!

Now I'm just going by the park map, we all know how inaccurate they can be, but Avatar: The Last Airbender can't be too small if were going to be able to walk under the hump wink.gif On PKI's Park Map, that's the only way to get back to Dora's neighborhood, so it's going to need be large enough to accommodate a high traffic flow of guests. I don't think ours will be too much smaller, if at all, than PGA's in overall size.

I'm not really into group interactivity but PGA's Survivor: The Ride intrigues me rolleyes.gif I think PGA is the only place that can pull off that type of tropical themeing, maybe Carowinds, so I find this attraction fitting. The concept art makes the attraction area look quite neat, about the same quality themeing as TR:FF, and it will probably give spectators something to watch too.

In the end, it looks cool and will probably payoff for CBS wink.gif

The only difference between the PKI and the PGA version will be the car design. The physical track unit will be the same at both parks. PGA`s will feature a car with outward facing seats, along the lines of Delirium. PkI`s Avatar will feature a car along the lines of a miniature Viking Fury. A couple of rows of seates facing each other. That is the main way in which PKI`s ride will be "tamed" down. Addtionally, it wouldn`t surprise me if the PKI ride had less spin action to it, than the one out in California.

Well, for those of you who like concept art (all seven of us tongue.gif), here's the rough design of the final product for Survivor: The Ride.

user posted image

This actually looks pretty cool now that I've seen an idea of it's theme. Now all Paramount has to do is deliver with an impressive attention to detail (ex: Tomb Raider at KI).

I'm also looking forward to how they theme and detail our Avatar coaster (along with the rest of NU). I'm hoping for a neat abstract detail with a cross of Toon Lagoon and Suess Landing at IOA.

And yeah, I'm still ****ed that I don't get a chance to see the Crash Course Boating School idea come to life, but the chance for me to ride a Disko/Skater and a Kite Flyer for the very first time makes me happy.

....along with an excuse to be over in Kiddy Land longer than 20 minutes, and I'm scheduled off from work (aside from SDATHC). rolleyes.gif