Would a Chipotle benifit PKI?

Captain Obvious

I would say no, but i have my reasons here, and I love chipotle, but think about this here, thinking they would sell the same sized burritos, i dont know about you but they take me a good while to get down, and wouldnt suggest ridding something after that, and also one knows what happens if a burrito goes throughs one system and its during a long line.....i'll leave it at that

-rctfreak-

Chipotles are great I would to see a chipotle in or near PKI.

Ah, my friend, but there is one near PKI. One exit south of the Mason/PKI exit is the Fields Ertle exit. If you take that exit, then Chipolet is in the same mini mall as Home Depot. It's not exactly right next door to the park, but it's still definitely within driving range if you're looking for a good alternative.

There are two Skylines within PKI. Also, there is a Skyline at the exit north of PKI (Kings Mills) and a Skyline at the exit south of Kings Island (Fields Ertel). Additionally, there are 3 LaRosa`s in PKI and there is one at the exit south of the park. Just because there is a restaurant south or north of the park, doesn`t mean that people will leave the park just to go there (although i often leave the park to eat at Skyline, you get free refils that way and can eat in air conditionaing.) Anyway, I don`t think that PKI will be adding a Chipotle. It just doesn`t seem like it would fit in at PKI.

^ I totally disagree. Although Chipolet is a kind of "hit or miss" deal when it comes to most people, as in, you've either eaten there or you haven't heard of it, to my observation, most people who have eaten there are hooked.

When I eat there, all I need is one burrito and a drink, and I'm a big guy so it tells you a lot about the size of their burritos. Anyway, my total is usually just over $6. If they could keep that kind of pricing and just rely on volume of sales, there would be a line out the door. Especially since their only real "ethnic" competition in food is really Mandarin Cuisine, in which although the food is decent, it's not worth the $11 you have the give up to eat there.

Don't lie Ryan...you know you eat their burritos like tic-tacs.

I think a Chipotle would be a great addition...and not only because I've gone a week and a half eating nothing but steak burritos. :D A lot of people don't leave the park to eat, because it's too much of a hassle. Why hike out to your car, fight what ever traffic there may be, drive almost a mile in either direction, then drive back, find a place to park, and hike all the way back into the park, when you can just pay a little...ok, a lot more...and eat in the park. I think a Chipotle would fit very nicely on international street. You have several restraunts that are themed to different countries, why not ad some mexican spice to it? Even if they did up the price a little bit...I wouldn't really mind paying $10, or $11 for a meal that's going to fill me up, and keep me full all day. Heck, I go to the Festhause, spend almost $20 on food, and I'm hungry an hour later.

For those of you who have never eaten at a CHipotle...their Burritos weigh probably a good pound, to two pounds. All of their ingredients are made fresh. They also have tacos, burrito bowls, and quesadillas (sp?). Like Ryan said, all I need is a burrito and a drink, and I'm set for pretty much all day. I'm 6', and right around 170, and sometimes I have trouble eating a whole burrito.

Ok, I'll hand you the price... say that charged $11 like Mandarin does (at least that's why my bill totals out to be), afterwards, I feel like I need seconds. Good food, but I'm willing to start saying "rip off" when necessary... sorry PKI, but I wouldn't be a good friend to the park if I didn't give constructive criticism.

Now, eating the burritos like tic -tacs... Sorry, but that's impossible even for the largest beast.. Even when I'm starving, I have trouble chomping down those last 3 or 4 bites.. To put the whole size of these burritos in perspective, I have always noticed that when the burritos are done, they wrap them in tin foil... they kind of pick up a rounded shape to them when they do that. Now imagine a considerably large baked potato wrapped in foil, kind of like when you cook them in an open fire... that's what it looks like.

When it all comes down to it, as "authentic" as Mandarin is, it's still non-filling food that is way overpriced. Dammit, I want filling food that's way overpriced!

Next time we have a meeting day in which we decide to meet in the afternoon or whatever, we should have some kind of "pre-party" at Chipolet on Fields Ertle beforehand, then you'll all come over to the dark side!

Ryan

• 4 weeks later...
Do you think opening a Chipotle at PKI would be a kick ass idea?

my thoughts exactly...and a panera bread

I have to disagree with you there. Panera is an over-priced novelty resteraunt in which the food isn't all that great.

Chipolte still rules!

If you guys are ever at the park, and want to try Chipotle, go south on 71, and take exit 19. Turn right off the exit, and Chipotle is just up the road on your right. It's in the same plaza type area as Bigg's. For a drink, and burrito, the price is right around $6...give or take. It may seem like a lot for a burrito, but keep in mind, each one weighs around a pound or so, and will keep you full all day. I'm not exactly a small guy, and sometimes I have trouble finishing a whole burrito, and I'm set for the day. Just thought you guys might like to know where the closest one is to the park.

• 4 years later...

As much as I absolutely LOVE Chipotle, I'd have to vote no.

Would rather see original items in the park as opposed to something you can find most anywhere else.

Graeters, LaRosas and Skyline are different.

They are (for the most part) unique to the Cincinnati area. I can see reasoning for those to be in the park.

Hell, the only worse decision would be to put a Starbucks in or a stand that would be closed on one of the busiest operating days of the week. <G>

Wow and LOL – man you can tell this is an old thread did you guys see Ryan’s response in post 16. (I’m laughing with you and not at you). but in all seriousness I would like unique food stands best but the commercial brands are paying more so we are going to see more of them in the parks. I like both of them but I would not mind seeing a Panera for a nice variety, anymore I crave a nice seasonal salad even at Kings Island.

Do you think opening a Chipotle at PKI would be a kick ass idea?

my thoughts exactly...and a panera bread

I have to disagree with you there. Panera is an over-priced novelty resteraunt in which the food isn't all that great.

Chipolte still rules!

I'm gonna go back four years and agree with Ryan on this one. :D