2006 PKI Entertainment Line-Up

Return_of_Yogi

I know it would be a hard thing to do, but I would personally like to see the return of those family game shows they used to do a few years back in the Nick Theater. I know for a fact that Carowinds is now going back to doing Slime Time Live when they opened up Nick Central last season. I think it's a waste of space for a theater that large and the only thing it's used for is the meet & greets, which don't even use up the whole theater.

PKI says its looking for a lead guitarist...That other one left I'm asuming...

He was good...

They always have rehersals. I doubt you're guarenteed a spot every year. Last year, several members of the SoR cast were actually from a band who tried out as a unit.

So I wonder, what will happen witht he selling of the parks, entertainment wise.

Cedar Point/Cedar Fair, has never had shows that I thought were that enjoyable, I feel that Universal has the more prominent Entertainment value, with their character "parades" and great on the spot shows ala disney.

Well, the Nickelodeon Celebration Parade that has been to all the Paramount Parks, except Canada`s Wonderland (until this year) seems to be very well recieved by park guests. My guess is that this will continue to be improved and added upon this year and in coming years.

You know, one thing they could do to add to the parade (although, IMO, it would be very hard to pull off) would be to add the live band from the School of Rock show to the Celebration Parade. Maybe they would play out the theme song (anyone know the name of the Celebration Parade theme song?) live, along with a few other songs, so they wouldn't be playing the entire parade long.

...but that's just my opinion. rolleyes.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Looking at the Live Entertainment section on PKI.com, it only has School of Rock and Star Search listed... I guess that means the rumors are true and the International Showplace and Rivertown venue will sit vacant this year... what a shame.

WOW

At one time the International Showplace had a minimum of 3 shows running at any one time and a maximum of 5.

There's nothing like sitting in the bleachers on a crisp cool night (about 9pm) as the sun is setting and watching a show.

Ahhhhh, those were the days.

I think it will be a real shame if PKI only has School of Rock and Star Search Live. I believe many people will be disappointed if this is true.

I really did enjoy Tuned In! last year, but I'm really glad the SoR is returning. Having that show was one of the biggest highlights of the 05 season.

As I posted earlier this year (and was roundly made fun of), a sale is in progress. Cuts in all kinds of things (including hours and shows) are being made to dress up the parks' balance sheets.

As for a Fear Fest show, "like always," be aware that right now, nothing is "like always." There may be, there may not be. NO ONE KNOWS. Including current management of the park. Some things will be up to the new owner, if there even is one (which there probably will be).

To sum up, these are NOT normal times for Paramount's (insert name of theme park here). And after the sale, if there is one, what happens next is simply not known.

This is a tough time for the people who run Paramount Parks. This is a tough year. People are concerned about their careers and their families. Please try to understand that as much fun as you may have at Kings Island, this is a business...and a business that is for sale. Tradition may be important to you, but to the owners, it is only important to the extent that it delivers shareholder value.