New Nick Rides

Guest TombraiderTy

Guest TombraiderTy

I thought this will answer some questions

Scooby's Ghoster Coaster will be taken out and replaced with Avatar: The Last Airender

Pixie's and Dixie's Swing Set will get a themeing to the Backyardians and be called the Backyardians' Swing Along

Those planes that flew in circles will get vehicles resembling Blue and the pink dog and the attraction will be named Blue's Skidoo

The Beastie will most likely be painted green (the trains are alredy pink) and be named The Fairly Odd Coaster

Quick Draw's Railways be named GO DIEGO GO!

The bumper cars will be Jimmy Neutron's Atom Smasher

That train ride will be something like La Adventures De Azul

Yogi's Skytours will become Lazy Town Sportcopters

Top Cat's Taxi Jam will be Little Bill's Giggle Coaster

Fender Bender 500 or whatever that thing was called will become Nick It Olivers, couldn't make it out

The merry go round will be Nick-Go-Round

We all know about Phantom Flyers

Green Slime Zone will be replaced with Spongebob's Bikini Bottom Bash and PLankton's Plunge will stand in front of it

Rugrat's Runaway Reptar and Wid Thornberry's River Adventure will be the only rides keeping their names

Alley Cat 500 will become Swiper's Sweepin

Atom Ant's Airways will become Timmy's Airtours

Central Grill and Nickelodeon will be some new restaraunts

Wings has awesome Saratoga Chips, Mmmmmm. So i'm guessing they're just repainting everything else thats not going. But were getting mini drop zone, a kite flyer and the Avatar Coaster, which sounds pretty cool. Not bad for the kiddies. But yea what is the yellow thing with arms in the pics? Thats not the Flyers is it?

Yeah, I had also heard that, early on, River Adventure and Runaway Reptar would be getting some new scenery items. RA is in desperate need of some big scenery; it gets pretty boring along the ride between the spraying monkeys and giant anaconda.

(The Adventure of Azul for you non-Spanish speakin' folk).

Not fully correct. It translates to "The Azul Adventure", in Spanish the noun comes first then the describing word(adverb?).

The Carowinds verison which is a 24" gauge train train is named Dora the Explorer's Azul Adventure. The sign above the ride reads Dora the Explorer Azul's Adventure. I wish they wouldn't make changes like that.

Doesnt Azul mean Blue??? Hopefully someone can answer that for me...

Hate to be a negative person and all, but so far as we learn more I am not that crazy about classic HB characters being replaced by Nick characters and that for the most part the rides are being repackaged. Was I wrong to beleive NU was going to consist of more new rides than what has been listed so far? Maybe I just had to high of expectations or I am being to critical before we even have a finished product. Anyone feel the way I do?

I think when they announced NU it sounded like thier was going to be a big new ride package coming into the area. Right now I don't think we will be seeing Seuss Landing quality like others have stated we would. I actually like the name Nick Carnavel that someone was saying they should call it. It would be differnt.

-Jake

Thank you for that answer. Never saw the show, makes sense now.

NU is going to have Seuss Landing quality theming... Highly doubt that becasue one Suess Landing is a briliant recreation of the world of Seuss and Nickelodeon is not even on the same level as Dr.Seuss. Also why would anyone think that PKI would be able to pull something off like Seuss Landing or any themed area like IOA. PKI does not have the resources, the finances, or the nohow to pull something like that off. Im not knocking PKI because they do a great job with what they have but dont have such high hopes.

Suess Landing, Toon Lagoon, and the rest of IOA is absolutely the best theming in the world and PKI is nowhere along those lines, nor will NU be in the ballpark either. PKI is known for half assing the theme and in a few years most of it doesnt work anymore, so dream on Peter Pan, we are not going to see the NU version of Suess Landing.

Well, when i went down to Floridia in 2004, I thought that the Disney parks had better theming than Islands of Adventure. Not that Islands of Adventure was bad, its just the Disney parks seemed to have more attention to detail. Granted, PKI is no Disney or Universal. But when compared to other seasonal amusement parks, I think that they perhaps have some of the best themed attractions. Although, they could use some work on theming the areas again.

ya seeing as rivertown used to have like 4 water rides ( canoes,whitewater canyon,the big log flume, the little log flume)but now it only has 1 so I think rivertown needs a name change. and yes I know that the little log flume is still operating, just now it is part of nick central. biggrin.gif

Somebody PLEASE tell me Wings is going.

Somebody who is right, preferably.

That place so needs to go.

And I sure hope the replacement is a sit down place WITH table service.

PKI needs such a place, badly.

Interpreter,

As much as I'd love to say Wing is going, it isn't :-( At one point, it was indeed on the chocking block as Nick Universe was going to expand slightly that direction. However, in typical Paramount fashion as you well know, budgets were cut and now we are left with the lackluster version of NU that is coming.

I agree though, a table service restaurant is something PKI desperately needs.

Interpreter,

As much as I'd love to say Wing is going, it isn't :-( At one point, it was indeed on the chocking block as Nick Universe was going to expand slightly that direction. However, in typical Paramount fashion as you well know, budgets were cut and now we are left with the lackluster version of NU that is coming.

I agree though, a table service restaurant is something PKI desperately needs.

Yea a table service restraunt is something ive wanted for years

This might surprise a few, even though it is from Screamscape.com:

Paramount Parks - (2/28/06) An interesting news report came out today pointing out that even as CBS Corp. reported a Q4 loss of $9.14 billion the Paramount Parks and publishing divisions that are up for sale reported a 15% increase in revenue, with a 32% improvement from Paramount Parks and 12% from publishing.

Yeah, I'm gonna be ****ed if NU doesn't turn out to be the Seuss Landing look-a-like that they were overhyping about. And they already lied about the number of new attractions coming out with NU (six in the press release, dropped down to three new attractions, the rest are re-themes).

However, the attractions that PKI DOES put out are unique and one-of-a-kind:

-Italian Job: Stunt Track (the cars)

-Tasmanian Typhoon (first of its kind)

-Coolangatta Racer (only one of its kind, I think)

-Tomb Raider: The Ride (only one of its kind)

-Delirium (nation's first Giant Frisbee)

-Avatar: The Last Airbender (world's only Skater with a hump)

....they just suck at keeping the rides working three-quarters of the time. dry.gif