Son of Beast

Skywriter

I have read many thing about the son of The Beast. What is wrong with it I konw there retracking it but are they changing the car design. And whats are they retracking. I have heard agout a tunnel. Many people are wondering whats happened to it. If someone has the answer please tell me. biggrin.gif

SOB was closed early this year so that the carpenters could get working on Winterfest stuff. They retrack portions of it every year, as do they with every wooden coaster. There have been many rumors circulating about SOB getting new trains, or even taking a car off to decrease the load, but none have panned out to be trust, not at least up to this point. Some people have also speculated that SOB will get a tunnel, but that's all just rumors. A lot of those rumor's come from Gabriel's fly over photos in the gallery, which display part of the track with tarps over it. Although they look like tunnels, it's just to protect those particular areas of the track from harsh Cincinnati winter weather.

The Beast originally did not have the huge second tunnel, it was originally two separate tunnels. They later connected them, the connected part is the part where the tunnel is wooden, the original parts is where it is concrete. They are not going to change the trains on Son of Beast. And personally I think premier makes pretty good stuff. I love fof, IJ is pretty good, many other premier rides I've ridden are pretty sweet. They're also a leading manufacture in the industry so obviously not everyone thinks that -everythingthatpremierdesignsisbad-.

Has never ridden SOB yet sad.gif

You should go ride it. It is a pretty fun thrill ride. Don't listen to others who say it's bumpy as all heck until you have gone on it yourself. I don't think it is and I love the ride. What I do offer is that you should ride in the middle of a car and not on the wheels.

Don't listen to others who say it's not bumpy until you have gone on it yourself. laugh.gif

We will have to ride it to tell how bumpy it is because it changes every time you ride it. It gives different rides when it's cold and when it's warm. First rides of the day are slow and not too bad but as the day goes on it gets fast and bumpy.

I do know you can't get off before you get back to the station. I have heard people wanting to get off half way through but they just have to ride it out.

SOB, I think, is the only coaster I can think of that I discourage people from riding. I road it once and could not move my neck for almost a week.

Now this is from a guy that lifts weights 4 or 5 days a week and has played sports since I was a kid. So none of this garbage about having a bad back.

Lord, I should have made an insurance claim but the statute is only 2 years. Missed It! <G>

I am about 6'1" or so and weigh about 220 pounds and I really never had an experince on Son of Beast yet that didn't make me to not want to ride it. Some times it was a little rough but that is expected on all wooden coasters. I wish everyone would stop complaining about how bad the Son of Beast is when indeed it is a great roller coaster.

It has height, a great drop, massive postive G forces and the only wooden coaster that has a loop in it. It is the only wooden hyper so far. The postives greatly out weigh the negitaves on this ride. Some areas of the ride need tweaking but its nothign too bad that it needs to be torn down.

I think Premier is almost as great as B&M and many other manufactors. The only reason why IJST was short was because the park didn't have the money for it so the had to desgin the ride with alot of limits. Look at Flight of Fear and the other coasters like it. Great ride and one of the better launching roller coasters out there. They are also extremely popular with the General Public and make the parks a great deal of money which is why it is there not for the publics enjoyment.

That’s what I figured about the middle tunnels that go half underground half above. Were the Helix tunnels always there or where those added later as well? Or were they as well just extended. Man I’m losing my knowledge about The Beast, I gotta bone up hahaha.

The Son of Beast isn't a bad ride. It just needs some TLC. Yes it's bumpy but it's a wooden coaster over 200 feet tall. I have rode in the very front seat and the very back seat and it's not too bad. I have made the mistake in riding in 2-1, the car was jackhammering so bad that I could barely walk when I got out. If you sit in a non-wheel seat it's not bad.

The general public however do not enjoy the SOB though. Notice how even on a busy day, SOB doesn't have a terrible long line. I'm looking forward to riding SOB this season, and to find out if they did any improvements on it though.

The Son of Beast isn't a bad ride. Yes it's bumpy but it's a wooden coaster over 200 feet tall.

Exactly--and I think people should know that "woodies" are not the smoothest in the world. I agree, Son of Beast is a good coaster !

I rode it about four times in a row and that was enough for me. Beast wasn't much more though, with about five or six times at Beastbuzz, I was done after that. They're both rough but thats the fun part. I'm suprised people aren't up in arms about FOF. That beat be up more than any ride at the park. When FOF first opened I got a bloody ear from my head banging around so much. It isn't much better now, but I'm bigger so I can handle it.

That’s what I figured about the middle tunnels that go half underground half above. Were the Helix tunnels always there or where those added later as well? Or were they as well just extended. Man I’m losing my knowledge about The Beast, I gotta bone up hahaha.

The Helix tunnels where added a year later. You can tell if you look at some older pictures from 1979.

Guest faceoff

I enjoy the Son of Beast very much. I also love the fact that there are no otsr

on the ride. I look forward to riding again on april 14,15,16,17. Have a nice

day.

Tom smile.gif

SOB is not rough. Once you have ridden Texas Giant Ragging Wolf Bobs, Villian or had the chance to ride Drachen Fire before it was closed, then we can talk about rough.

People that claim SOB is rough dont have much experience with coasters, especially wooden ones.

Premier makes great rides, FOF, IJ:ST, Mr. Frezee, Batman & Robin... They do very unique rides that are quite enjoyable.

I love the Son and can only hope there is another addition to the family some day.

Check out the Italian Job: Stunt Track. A smooth ride, and the cars felt comfortable and roomy, even for larger riders. Yes, a short ride in length, height and lower speed, but of good quality.

And yet, the only one that has remotely gotten my stomach!

I know its hard to consider it...

Beast

SOB

Face Off

FoF

No...

TRTR

Delirium

Drop Zone

Top Gun

No...

Nothing had done it to me...

Until IJST came along... Its a great ride to do that to me...

And another thing, has anyone ever called a ride a "tear jerker"?

I have, I do this all the time front seat of Raven and Legend, front half of Chang, and now front half of Beast... This is where the speed and design take over and pull tears from your eyes, it is a great sensation, and is just overall amazing!

The Son of Beast isn't a bad ride.    Yes it's bumpy but it's a wooden coaster over 200 feet tall.

Exactly--and I think people should know that "woodies" are not the smoothest in the world. I agree, Son of Beast is a good coaster !

Well, I have made this point before, maybe they are not the smoothest, but there are some incredibly smooth woodies out there!

Think about it, I have ridden 2 of the smooth ones, and they are only an hour away from me... 2 if I am at school... ph34r.gif