Blacking out on The Italian JOb

Enchanted Voyager

Has anyone else either blacked out or feel faint after the spirals on the Italian Job. The second time I rode it my ex (she was my girlfriend at the time it happened) blacked out very briefly during the initial spirals. She freaked out because when we got to the police car section she screamed "what happened" becaust to her it was just like she skipped a part of the ride. We thought it was a fluke and rode it three more times that day with no problems. But sure enough the next time we visited the park she blacked out at the same time. I got kinda worried at the time but she insisted it was nothing so we rode it several more times. About the third ride on that second visit I blacked out at that exact same part. It was weird because all I remember was launching then hitting the spiral and then waking up right bofre the helicopter scene. I freaked out because that was the first time I ever blaked out before in my life, and it was on a rollercoaster. I had a huge headache the rest of the day, because my only guess is I rattled my head when I passed out and just kinda flopped around alot. This was all during last spring and we rode it several times since then and didn't experience it but once more during the end of the summer. I have no idea if it happened to her again (we broke up at the end of September) but I only got really dizzy or faint once during Fearfest, but had no blackout. I wondered if this happened to anyone else while riding it I was just curious.

P.S. In the spring my guess is because they were testing launch speeds and it went a little faster then. Just a guess

If you getting close to going out on IJ you will on The Incredible Hulk Coaster. The first half is one the most intense that I know of.

I think there is some drugs and supplements that will cause you to blackout because of changes in blood pressure. A little anxiety may have something to do with it as well. I have never gone out but have come close.

^Everyone I have talked to that blacks out on Vortex - always blacks out at the same spot. Way to go Toomer!

The only ride I have ever blacked out on is Son of Beast - and that wasn't until the 14th consecutive time riding it. I guess I just have a tolerance for G force.

The only ride I ever came close to blacking out on was Titan at Six Flags over Texas. The section where the rides goes in to whats called the centerfuge is extremely intense with g's. Goliath at SFMM has a very similar section and if you remember they have had a few incidents with injuries and deaths on Goliath. I honestly dont think its dangerous, just pre existing conditions aggrevated by high g's.

Interesting about IJ:ST and Vortex, never felt that on either, but I love the g's through the spiral.

I have also blacked out in the beginning helix on IJ, but it was only for a second and I only felt a little dizy for a minute or two. But on Face/Off I have blacked out more than I do on IJ, but once again it goes away right after i'm out of that spot. For me it's not that serious so I just ride the rides and don't worry about it. I don't think I've ever blacked out on Vortex though, but if I did I'd still ride because it doesn't bother me for more than a few seconds and I don't get a headache or anything afterwards and the rides are too fun.

I'm glad to see this wasn't an isolated incident. Yea it's not that big of a deal to me, i'm still gonna ride the coasters. Thats interesting that people have blacked out on Face-Off and Vortex also. Those ones never hit me like that, prolly different tolerance for different people. The only problem I had with it was how long I was out the first time it happened on IJ. I didn't wake up until the helicopter scene. If that would happen on Vortex , i'd definitely be taking some asprins when I got off that ride. weird.gif

^Everyone I have talked to that blacks out on Vortex - always blacks out at the same spot. Way to go Toomer!

The only ride I have ever blacked out on is Son of Beast - and that wasn't until the 14th consecutive time riding it. I guess I just have a tolerance for G force.

but... not on Chang...

don't let PKI know about this...with their uber obsession with making things too safe, they'll probably put a brake run on the launch.

Honestly, it probably is an issue to have normal/healthy folk blacking out on a ride.

I've honestly never heard of this happening to anyone.

Sometimes I come close between the 2nd loop and the start of the corkscrews. Is this where you're talking about?

I blacked out the first time I rode Face/Off. All I really remember was the chain lift backwards and the first part of the cobra roll and then "waking up" about halfway thru the corbra roll on the return part. I haven't blacked out since though.

I don't ever recall blacking out on any ride, nor feeling woosy. I'm pretty good with g-forces and even having a strong stomach... but the funny thing is, motion movies like Spongebob 3-D make me sick to my stomach. I can sometimes even feel sick while watching video games.

Actually, that does make some sense. The reason why people get sick on rides (or car sick for that matter) is because at some point, there's a discrepency between what the eyes see and what the body feels, and the confusion results in the body reacting by getting woosy. Some people are more prone to it than others, but ourside influences (like the film being out of sync with the seats) can cause it too.

This is why people get sick on ride.

Their is some kind of fluid in your ears that helps keep you balanced and when you are moving around the fluid will start to move around and then when that is off with the image your seeing it makes you sick.

I have never blacked out on any ride before and watching that Sponqe Bob 3d thing makes my eyes hurt though. Face/Off makes me dizzy and dropzone make smy legs wobble.