SF Conference Call

I've mentioned before the huge disparities in my experiences at SF parks...SFOT and SFGA were always great times...but I've had really bad experiences at SFWOA, SFMM, and SFKK. It all really boils down to the local park's managment.

Columbus coasternut-- what is your big complaint with WL? Is it the lack of new attractions, the service, or some combination? Personally, I've never found WL that bad, but then again I can remember going to the old "Zoo Amusement Park" and anything was an improvement over that carnival.

SFGA? What that?

Great Adventure? That's what Six Flags says SFGA is. To avoid confusion, I usually call it SFGAd.

Great America? If that, that's SFGAm. If you truly had a great time at Great Adventure, most would say you are in a minority (at least based on those who post a lot on internet boards). A minority that includes me.

Dan Snyder was one of the people there today. My informant didn't come up with any more info but said by the time Snyder left they had raised the parking price. They seem to think there was more to it than a visit.

If competitors in an industry meet and then raise prices after a discussion, there are those in Government who might have an interest...(one reason for that strange disclaimer about not discussing financial things at IAAPA in the front of their brochure...this being the convention at which Mr. Story, Mr. Burke, and Mr. Kinzel agreed to the terms of the Cedar Fair purchase of Worlds of Adventure.

SFGA? What that?

Great Adventure? That's what Six Flags says SFGA is. To avoid confusion, I usually call it SFGAd.

Great America? If that, that's SFGAm. If you truly had a great time at Great Adventure, most would say you are in a minority (at least based on those who post a lot on internet boards). A minority that includes me.

Six Flags Over Georgia Usually goes by SFOG.

Just my two cents.

Yeppers. I have NEVER seen anyone refer to Over Georgia as SFGA.

SFGA is Great Adventure (though to be kind, I usually call it SFGAd).

SFGAm is Great America.

PGA is the other Great America! smile.gif SF has the FIRST B and M Batman....PGA has the best of its type, and calls it Top Gun (and yes, it IS smaller...and, in my book, more fun!) There's another doozie of those things at Sea World in Texas!

Well, considering I WASN'T talking about SFOG, I guess you still haven't...

I meant Six Flags Great Adventure...my most sincere apologies to the abbreviation police for leaving off the "d." Oh, if I could only turn back time and avoid such a horrible, horrible error. biggrin.gif

But, seriously...SFGAd was always a pleasant experience. And, come to think of it, I had no real complaints about SFGAm either, although it's been years since I've been there.

I got a front seat ride on Kingda Ka!

The park was incredibly clean, there were tons of characters everywhere, most of the rides were running, the pizza was quite tasty and half the price of the stuff at PKD (don't get used to it, Papa John's is coming, Mama Flora's is going), and Nitro was wonderful.

And what a fireworks display the park put on! It must have lasted at least 20 minutes!

People tell me I should have ridden Goliath at SFOG instead! I hope to be there the 22nd of this month for just such an occasion!