PKI vs. CP

Knoxville

First of all, Dragster's problems have been fixed. So, would I rather have an operating Stratacoaster or an TR:TR that has had one extra year to operate, yet still can't do so on a consistent basis? Easy choice.

I have ridden the "420 foot statue" as you put it, and i will take it over anything KI has to offer, here would be something else, what does KI have to match Millennium Force? Mantis? Raptor? Wicked Twister?

I have season passes to both parks

-rctfreak-

Even though I think this is pretty pointless to debate this AGAIN, I would definitely have to say CP. I mean, you always hear about their coasters and they have so many big name coasters - TTD, MF, Raptor, Mantis, Wicked Twister, etc., etc. I'm sorry but PKI just doesn't have anything in the coaster department to beat them. Yes they have SoB, but CP has something just as rough that needs torn down (Mean Streak).

PKI does seem to have CP's flat rides beaten though. Outside of those two sections, I don't know about the employee's attitude or anything so I can't comment on them.

:offtopic: but, Giggling Green Ghost, is part of your sig from The Nightmare Before Christmas?  Sounds very familiar.

:offtopic: Yup its from Oogie Boogie in the beginning I love that movie did you know that a PS2 game based on the Nightmare Before Christmas is coming out this Halloween? yup its Called The Nightmare Before Christmas 2: Oogies Revenge. With that coming out and RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Iam gonna be busy this upcoming Holiday Season.

:offtopic: but, I didn't know that there was a game coming out. Have you seen the screenshots from RCT3 or the video? You can view the video at rollercoastertycoon.com.

Back on topic, I agree with you RevengeofTheSmurfs, that we get by a lot cheaper with our amusement parks. Maybe, if Cedar Fair can get Geauga Lake running up to par, there will be three awesome amusement parks in Ohio that we can visit. I think I am going to give GL a try this year. From what I understand, they have a great floorless coaster, a nice flying coaster, two good woodies, and a Vekoma SLC that is not too bad. I expect some imrovements to be made, but I suspect it will take a couple of full years before they can bring it in line with the other CF parks.

Edited by PKIBeast

:offtopic: but, I didn't know that there was a game coming out. Have you seen the screenshots from RCT3 or the video? You can view the video at rollercoastertycoon.com.

Back on topic, I agree with you RevengeofTheSmurfs, that we get by a lot cheaper with our amusement parks. Maybe, if Cedar Fair can get Geauga Lake running up to par, there will be three awesome amusement parks in Ohio that we can visit. I think I am going to give GL a try this year. From what I understand, they have a great floorless coaster, a nice flying coaster, two good woodies, and a Vekoma SLC that is not too bad. I expect some imrovements to be made, but I suspect it will take a couple of full years before they can bring it in line with the other CF parks.

:offtopic: Yeah ScreenShots for the Nightmare Before Christmas 2: Oogies Revenge are over at www.Ign.com just click on the PS2 previews and you should see it.

Back on topic Yeah I am going to have to agree with Browntggrr its really not fair to compare both parks they both have great things to offer their guests.

lol... I don't know how this turned into a Nightmare Before Christmas thread, but if you want to continue it, please start a new thread in Discussion where it would be appropriate. No more of that in this thread.

As far as the PKI vs. CP deal goes, I think it's totally fair to compare the two. I mean, it seems like those who think it's not fair are insecure about how PKI would match up to CP, but look at it this way: Does PKI have the coasters to match up to CP? Oh God no... they don't and probably never will, but that's not all that makes up an amusement park.

Granted, being thrill seakers like most of us are, it's easy to think that they're the better park since coasters are what we go for nowadays, but there are a million other things to look at. PKI has an excellent and original selection of flat rides. Now, most people would prefer a coaster to a flat any day, but you can't tell me that Delirium isn't at least in your "top 3" list of favorite rides at PKI. Also look at it from a familys' perspective. I mean, PKI does have the best childrens' are in the world, which is something they have worked really hard on and have done extraordinarly well. What about Guest Relations? I've never really had to deal with CP's guest relations, but I can't say enough about PKI's. If you've ever lost your cell phone or anything like that there, you know how great it is. My personal story is that last year, I lost my phone there towards the end of the season. They eventually found it, and what did they do? They didn't call me or send me a letter telling me that I could come pick it up, they simply mailed to it me.... now, it doesn't seem like a big deal, but they could have sent me a letter in a heart beat asking for a $4 check to cover shipping before the sent the phone, but they didn't. That's what makes PKI great.... but enough about my stories.

Anyway, look at the feeling behind the park too... I mean, what's more recognizable, some tall coaster or a giant replica of the Eiffel Tower? I just think that areas of PKI like I-Street and Rivertown have some of the best feelings to them... wouldn't sacrifice that for anything.

Oh well, just my two cents...

Ryan

Well, CP offers more than PKI could ever offer:

4 resort/ hotels vs. none

66 total rides vs. 43

16 coasters vs. 9

27 kids rides vs. 19

4 waiter style restaurants vs. none

6 live shows vs. 4

CP- voted best overall park 6 strait years

PKI- voted best kids area 4 strait years

(This poll is like best actor category vs. best supporting actor)

Just some numbers.

It's obvious that you've never rode Dragster or were in line when it broke down, because if you'd have got a ride on it you would know it's better than anything PKI has to offer and probably will ever have in the next several years. Every new ride has problems, and IMO Dragster was worth the problems. This year the problems are fixed anyway.

I don't think you can compare CP and PKI at all. CP is strictly better in every single coaster. I can't think of any PKI coaster without thinking of atleast 4 better CP coasters. CP is more of a coaster park IMO, and PKI is more rounded.

It's obvious that you've never rode Dragster or were in line when it broke down, because if you'd have got a ride on it you would know it's better than anything PKI has to offer and probably will ever have in the next several years

I hope that you are not talking about me. :blink:

Overall, MF is the best coaster on the planet, and the #1 or #2 rankings in all the polls prove that. Whereas TTD may not be the best coaster, but it is one of the best rides I have ever been on (My #1 ride would be Spider-Man @ WoA). The ride that still makes PKI come out of CP's shadow is still The Beast. CP just does not have the type of ride that people still talk about 25 years later. MF may be there, but, with the new technology appearing every year, that will be a difficult task.

Yeah but CP doesnt have SDATHC,The Beast,No Nicktoon characters for the kids or Scooby-Doo,The Racer,FOF,Delirium,SoB,Face-off.

Overall I would much rather go to PKI.

I would like to visit CP sometime. To be honest, I've kind of taken a back seat in this convo since I haven't had the opportunity to go there, but from what I understand, CP is rather crowded most of the time. So from what I understand, PKI is better to have as a home park.

Yeah but CP doesnt have SDATHC,The Beast,No Nicktoon characters for the kids or Scooby-Doo,The Racer,FOF,Delirium,SoB,Face-off.

Overall I would much rather go to PKI.

I would like to visit CP sometime. To be honest, I've kind of taken a back seat in this convo since I haven't had the opportunity to go there, but from what I understand, CP is rather crowded most of the time. So from what I understand, PKI is better to have as a home park.

CP is almost always packed thats why I perfer PKI ...dont forget about Gugana lake? I really doubt I take a trip up there I really liked it better when it was Sea World then Six Flags Bought it and turned it into an awsome park I'm gonna miss the animals & The Themed Coasters like the Batman Coaster etc. that was one the reasons I went up there Gugana lake really wont have much to offer me or my family.Yeah PKI has great themed ride I agree with ya there.

It would be a good idea to put GEAUGA lake in the spell check! :D

And for those who seem to believe that CP bought GL, Cedar Fair owns both parks. It is the same situation of PKI and PKD.

CP is only very busy on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays. They have also won the Golden Ticket awards for best capacity. It is intresting that the capacity has been noted as the best by Amusement Today, but seems to be a negative issue here. :wacko:

Agreed Browntggrr, I think the best aspect of CP is the ride capacity has been number one for years. When I stand in line for a coaster at CP, it seems that you are always moving, whereas at PKI, you wind up standing in the same spot for a long time. You can't say that CP is generally more crowded than PKI because if you look at the attendance numbers for last year, both CP and PKI are real close to each other. I agree with the Chef that this topic is extremely over done.

And Browntggrr, according to the stats you gave earlier, I would say CP might have more flats as well. I took the total number of rides, 66, subtracted the total coaster count of 16, then subtracted the kids rides, 27, and came up with 23 flats. How many does PKI have? And, you can't count the kids' rides as flats or it wouldn't be the same. Guess I'll have to pull out an old PKI map to get a count.

I really liked it better when it was Sea World then Six Flags Bought it and turned it into an awsome park I'm gonna miss the animals & The Themed Coasters like the Batman Coaster etc.

Yeah, a dirty park with sub par employees had to be much bettter than it is now or will become.

No Nicktoon characters for the kids or Scooby-Doo

Yeah, that's because CP does not have the rights to these characters. And, they do have the Peanuts gang. And, they do the same things with their characters that PKI does. Granted, they are not as popular characters as they once were, but they are still cool in my book. I liked Charlie Brown and Snoopy long before I liked Scooby.

Edited by PKIBeast

Well, CP offers more than PKI could ever offer:

4 resort/ hotels vs. none

66 total rides vs. 43

16 coasters vs. 9

27 kids rides vs. 19

4 waiter style restaurants vs. none

6 live shows vs. 4

CP- voted best overall park 6 strait years

PKI- voted best kids area 4 strait years

(This poll is like best actor category vs. best supporting actor)

Just some numbers.

PKI has 12 roller coasters.

Well, let's see here... hum...CP has

#'s 2 (MF) 4 (Magnum) 10 (Raptor) and 11 (Dragster) best coasters IN THE WORLD!

EAT IT

HA In my own opinion Dragster is totally over rated I rode it last year and the ride was over so fast you couldnt really enjoy it.

Magum is cool...Never rode Raptor too crowed....who cares I am not a big fan of CP anyway they dont have much to offer the family crowd they offer more to the thrill seekers than any crowd..I would much rather spend my money on IOA or PKI,or Disney than waste my time at CP no offense they dont have much to offer kids or there parents.

Agreed Browntggrr, I think the best aspect of CP is the ride capacity has been number one for years. When I stand in line for a coaster at CP, it seems that you are always moving, whereas at PKI, you wind up standing in the same spot for a long time. You can't say that CP is generally more crowded than PKI because if you look at the attendance numbers for last year, both CP and PKI are real close to each other. I agree with the Chef that this topic is extremely over done.

And Browntggrr, according to the stats you gave earlier, I would say CP might have more flats as well. I took the total number of rides, 66, subtracted the total coaster count of 16, then subtracted the kids rides, 27, and came up with 23 flats. How many does PKI have? And, you can't count the kids' rides as flats or it wouldn't be the same. Guess I'll have to pull out an old PKI map to get a count.

I really liked it better when it was Sea World then Six Flags Bought it and turned it into an awsome park I'm gonna miss the animals & The Themed Coasters like the Batman Coaster etc.

Yeah, a dirty park with sub par employees had to be much bettter than it is now or will become.

No Nicktoon characters for the kids or Scooby-Doo

Yeah, that's because CP does not have the rights to these characters. And, they do have the Peanuts gang. And, they do the same things with their characters that PKI does. Granted, they are not as popular characters as they once were, but they are still cool in my book. I liked Charlie Brown and Snoopy long before I liked Scooby.

Yeah CP has the peanuts gang I love em I grew up loving Scooby&Snoopy I love em both the same I kinda argee with the smurfy dude I took my nephew to CP last summer there isnt much to do when you have a kid or kids with you..CP was made for thrill seekers totally agree with that aspect.

Dragster is cool but it is over very quickly.

My favorite ride at CP is the Magnum.

All I have to say is this topic is getting outta hand you cant really compare the parks.