The Big One

cougarman4907

have to agree. with an impending sale, CBS isn't likely to allow a large investment to go out. And a new owner... chances are it will be a year or two after the sale that we see something large. HOWEVER, whatever is on the table for 2007 most likely has already been sent to the drawing board and is probably in production. Most of the large announcements come in mid-July and my guess is multi-million $$ investment conversations don't start in May.

I was watching the TOP AMUSEMENT PARK show on the Travel Channel (i think) last night.... IJST at PKI got the #2 award for best new steel coaster of 2005. good job for the PKI planners... but it must have been a slow year for coasters because while IJST is good... I would not have placed it at a #2... or #3 for that matter.

the post about SOB being hidden... I could not agree more. Outside of the obvious roughness of the ride. The designers i feel did not use the terrain and woods nearly enough in the design. The "atmosphere" of The Beast is partly what makes it a great ride. SOB is about 75-100' above ground most of the time and makes almost no use of the trees or geography.

as far as when the next large coaster investment comes.... I'm sorry, but if I were a betting man I would say we're looking at 2009. We'll have a better chance at re-themes of FOF or good flat rides until that time. I am probably wrong, but that's my opinion anyway. and when it does i hope they don't try and find a "record breaker"... just a flat-out innovative ride that has good "WOW" factor.

• 1 month later...
They need a really big rollercoaster like millenium force

I agree. A coaster like MF would be fantastic. It's about time that Paramount got out of the coaster buisness and let someone else show them how to build coasters the right way.

I would like to see a ride like millenium force. Also, a water coaster in the waterpark. That would be awesome. I would like to see something like Raptor(Cedar Point), an inverted leg-dangling ride with a bunch of stuff like on Vortex but more. Also, I would like to see a stand-up coaster. Never been on one, and I'd really like to.

I dont want the park to be full of nothing but CP like rides with the height and such unless they are themed. Call me crazy but I would like one hyper steel coaster built and nothing bigger than that. If I want the craziest of rides i'll go to CP. If I want good rides with some theming ( no matter if its good or not) I want to come here. I doubt that C.F would incorporate a huge rollercoaster with a lot of theming to it.

• 1 month later...

I might sound alittle stupid but i really think they need a new coaster with some head choppers where top gun is.OR if not a coaster a very nice extreme flat ride to get alittle more people over in that place cause it is a very far walk for top gun add 2 rides there and it is a great walk with SoB back soon i hope.

Scoot

1) Phantom Theater: R.I.P. (Reconstruction in Progress)

- taking the place of Rope Climb Game/4D Adventure thingy

....do I really even need to say anything about this one?

2) Nightmare under the Big Top

- taking the place of Paramount Action FX Theater

Take the Cat in the Hat ride at IOA and replace the quirky, cute Seussian characters wth dismal, dreary, and downright demented clowns who invite you to their own Big Top Freak Show after crashing their circus train into the middle of a park.

3) SpongeBob SquarePants: CRASH COURSE Boating School

- taking the place of Nickelodeon Theater

Um, yeah, this one's pretty obvious, but it utilizes Mack Rides's e-Motion coaster to give the sensation of being in an out-of-control boatmobile.

4) The Wild Thornberrys Treetop Terrace

- in between Phantom Flyers & Timmy's Air Tours

Tarzan's Treehouse at Disneyland. Except without Tarzan. Or Jane. And more monkeys.

5) NickToons Falls

- retheme of River Adventure

Splash Mountain with Nicktoons instead of Brer Bear, Fox, and Rabbit, and a Nicktoons version of Mt. Rushmore (Mt. SPLATmore, perhaps?) as the big mountain-thingy.

6) Devil's Bayou

-where Adventure Express is, AE gets moved over to Rivertown

Same setup as JAWS, but with a twist--you're in the middle of a Louisiana swamp, and there are more things to contend with than just a monstrous crocodile on the loose.

Yeah, I know. My ideas are stupid. And they don't have the letters B&M in them. But that's what another post is for, duh.

Whatever new coaster is added CF needs to make it fit in with the ambience of the coasters already at the park. Don't make it stick out like a sore thumb, place it close to the woods or partially in the woods and let the terrain be a part of it. The only existing Sr. coaster that doesn't fit this mold is Face Off. I don't see CF putting in a mega coster to compete with CP, I think it would be something under the 200' range. Just my opinion.

Just count it as a feeling. But, I think a water/coaster is coming to Kings Island for next year. If Cedar Fair decides to keep the Nick theming beyond the current contract I think it will be SpongBob related and on the Nick Theater site. This would give the park a coaster type ride for the ACE conference next year and add a large family ride to the back of Nick Universe.

I wouldn't count on us getting a coaster in 2007 I would like to see a topple tower put in though. We will not see another coaster until 2008. Cedar Fair isn't going to be putting in big attractions in one park for the first season with full operations. They might be putting something along the lines of a big flat ride of some sort. Just letting everyone know what I think about that. wink.gif