The Big One

cougarman4907

Its no surprise that the Paramount Company owning Kings Island needs to add a farily large coaster/attraction in the upcoming years..

2 Parts..

1.) What type of Attraction/ Roller Coaster would you add?

2.) Where would you put this ride? in relation to other rides..

For me..

1.) Linear Induction Lauch Roller Coaster(LIM)

2.) Located behind Vortex in the wooded area.. but it needs to be out of sight of The Beast.. so that The Beast can still hold its reputation for being like the only thing out there.. biggrin.gif

-Cougarman4907

Guest faceoff

I would love to see a intamin launched coaster incorporating the height of the

dragster with at least 2 inversions like storm runner at hershey and a extra

hill like kingda ka (six flags great adventure). I would install this ride over

by the Flight of Fear in that open area. If i had the money,i would contribute

to the building of this. :)

First things first. CBS owns Paramount Parks and is looking to find a buyer. Secondly, the park does not "need" a new mega coaster. While a new coaster would be nice, it is not a necessity. I think that a medium sized roller coaster, akin to Top Gun the Jet Coaster at Carowinds would be a nice addition to PKI (it wouldn`t have to be an inverted or even a B&M).

The wooded area behind The Vortex and not in view of The Beast? Not sure if you know this, but there is not much room back there. The Beast`s track runs all the way back behind the Action FX Theater (you can see the rear of the theater when there are no leaves on the trees).

First things first.  CBS owns Paramount Parks and is looking to find a buyer.  Secondly, the park does not "need" a new mega coaster.  While a new coaster would be nice, it is not a necessity.  I think that a medium sized roller coaster, akin to Top Gun the Jet Coaster at Carowinds would be a nice addition to PKI (it wouldn`t have to be an inverted or even a B&M).

The wooded area behind The Vortex and not in view of The Beast?  Not sure if you know this, but there is not much room back there.  The Beast`s track runs all the way back behind the Action FX Theater (you can see the rear of the theater when there are no leaves on the trees).

I agree completly. Like it or not, the park is not in the same type coaster competion as Cedar Point. They seem to make their name on their supercoasters. Kings Island would do well to focus on the more specialized coasters like Top Gun, Italian, etc.

Kings Island has gotten burned twice being out front on "New/State of the Art" coasters. I would rather see something dependable than something that looks good on paper and is not up and running when it comes down to the nuts and bolts.

As for The Beast, I don't think a lot of people realize how much area that the coaster actually takes up. IT'S HUGE!!!

Well, it's not just Cedar Point that got burned going for super coasters and super records.

Let's look at Kingda Ka in New Jersey.

Or, let's look at Son of Beast in Ohio.

Or, let's look at Hypersonic in Virginia.

Or Hercules in Pennsylvania (oh, we can't, it's gone).

Or Steel Phantom (same story...with a better ending)

I don't see 2007 as being the year of the coaster, but one never knows. . .

I think the way they got burned going for super coasters and super records was was finding the lowest cost way of setting records. It's like having a ride 500ft high and have the cars go only half way up. There is only one or two Parks that have the money to build a coaster that would be over 400ft high and 8000ft long so I don't think you will ever see one.

It may not be a need but you know PKI is lacking the reridable coaster. The type of coaster you want to ride and run back to ride again. There may be some here that say PKI has that and there is some that haven't been to any other park but PKI so they wouldn't know.

I certainly hope not. If there is, they most likely will NOT be free. See, for example, Six Flags and their QBot system, now known as Flash Pass.

All ride reservation systems really do is generate profit for parks and make people who paid one price to do most everything pay even more if they really want to do it efficiently. And before someone says it, the Universal system, where you get immediate access only by staying on property, does the same thing.

Only Disney does this in a sort of fair fashion. . .

Paramount tested a ride reservation system, in the Jane Cooper days, at Kings Dominion. They didn't implement it any further, though for a while it looked like they might (remember the separate queues built for IJST and Scooby?--they ended up using them for things like walk on Wednesdays or walk on weekends, but then and now I suspect they were built to allow ride reservation systems).

And next year, the likelihood is that a new and different owner will own the park(s). So, who knows?

By the way, those QBots can get VERY expensive.

First things first. CBS owns Paramount Parks and is looking to find a buyer. Secondly, the park does not "need" a new mega coaster. While a new coaster would be nice, it is not a necessity. I think that a medium sized roller coaster, akin to Top Gun the Jet Coaster at Carowinds would be a nice addition to PKI (it wouldn`t have to be an inverted or even a B&M).

The wooded area behind The Vortex and not in view of The Beast? Not sure if you know this, but there is not much room back there. The Beast`s track runs all the way back behind the Action FX Theater (you can see the rear of the theater when there are no leaves on the trees).

My apologies CostersRZ.. you were correct in that.. there really isnt much room in the wooded area back there.. once again.. i offered a more extreme idea that PKI could do.. i didnt say it HAD to be a roller coaster though.. i did state that it could be an attraction of some kind..

I agree with you 100% on this one.. unfortunately ive never ridden Top Gun the Jet Coaster.. ive heard many great things about it.. but never been able to ride it..

Thanks for your input..

-Cougarman4907

They are fun. But at the same time, they are not a huge capacity mover. I think that one would make a nice fit at PKI, especially on the former site of the Salt Water Circus, behind the Eiffel Tower. I just don`t see PKI adding a mouse anytime soon.

flightoffear1996, after Cedar Point's and Six Flags Great Adventure's respective experiences with Top Thrill Dragster and Kingda Ka, not to mention the drastic high cost, I don't think you will see a rocket coaster at any Paramount Park, at least not under the current owners. In fact, I daresay, I doubt you see a rocket coaster of any size anywhere in the USA for quite some time. Which, quite frankly, is probably just as well.

Guest TombraiderTy

My guesses for years t come:

2007: A new water slide, named something like Escape from the Tomb, will be added between Tasmanian Typhoon and Snowy River Rampage. Yes, I know that there is a large telephone pole thing back there, but the ride would safely be built around it.

This ride will be the world's longest waterslide, it being an uphill water coaster. With multiple tunnels and awesome props, waiting lines will not be short. The ending will be when the raft is shot up a hill and comes zooming down a hill which appears to be the steps of an ancient temple. Example here. http://www.leisureentertainmentconsultancy...emple-slide.jpg

2008: A new tilt roller coaster will be added to the right of Racer, near Flight of Fear. It will have a red track and blue supports, and the park not being owned by Paramount anymore, will have a non movie related name. It willl take you about 120 feet into the air and send you downwards at blood curdiling speeds. Plently of airtime will exist in this attraction.

2009: Days of Thunder will (finally) be removed. Rivertown will lose its Old America theme and be turned into an ancient ruin section. Boomerang Bay would have been turned into a ruin in 2007, so the train would mainly be connecting them into one section. Only one ride will be added, which will be similar to Golden Zephyr at Disneyland. The main difference is that the vehicles will resemble carpets and the ride will be called "Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride".

2010: Half the rides in NU will be renamed. Monster and Shake, Rattle, and Roll will all get a new paint job. FOF will be themed into a sci-fi adventure. Son of Beast will celebrate its 10th Anniversary, and get a new soundtrack.

2011: Two speed slides will be added in front of Tasmanian Typhoon.

2012: 40th Anniversary! SDATHC will be converted into a ride similar to PT, thanks to fans' requests. All other rides in NU will be renamed and rethemed. Some other rides will get a new paint job, and a new stunt show will be added in place of Timberwolf. A flying roller coaster will also intertwine with Vortex.

2013: All Action Zone rides with a Paramount name will be renamed and Son of Beast will get some new props.

2014: A wild mouse will replace Azul Adventure and Go Diego Go!. It will include some interesting water props.

2015: Fear Fest will not be held this year, the park stating it is to much to handle. A new flat ride will be added into Coney Mall.

2016: The park will go up for sale. No new rides will be added, and a lot of people will be po'd by it.

2017: The park would've been bought by now, and Fear Fest will return. Winterfest will also be updated by a lot. Both a family roller coaster and a new counti leverage coaster (see link http://www.cantileveredcoaster.com/) will be added in place of Italian Job (finally!). At this point in time PKI will have 17 roller coasters, making it tied with CP (which will also have 17 by then).

2018: The park, desperate to set a new world record will add a new inverted roller coaster into the ruins section. The park will have 18 roller coasters and use this as an advertising tool.

2019: THe kid's area will get a whole new look with dozen or so new patches of flowers. A minature ferris wheel will be added. The tilt roller coaster and FOF will get a cool new entrance, including fog, under The Racer.

2020: A half pipe water slide will be added behind the wave pool. Guests will dump into a roped off area at the end.

2021: Cedar Point will get a new rollr coaster this year, breaking the park's record. Drop Zone will be blown over in an enomourse storm (trees will be unrooted, the fountain will be emptied- anf filled again!, and debris will be everywhere. All of the Cincinnati area will experince the storm. Other major events from this will include a bridge collapsing over the Ohio River, tomb stones from multiple graveyards blown away, and multiple old buildings collapsing. Coney Island will lose its roller coaster and a water slide, while the park will also lose the new half pipe slide (it will be blown into a lake, where it will sink. No attempt will be done to retrieve it and it will soon be known as home for fish and the top a resting place for ducks)). The park will clean up the park and it will have a late opening (June 15, about). A roller coaster, scheduled to open, will not open until late August, thanks to the storm. This roller coaster will be a wooden one near the ruin section.

2022: The park's 50 birthday! No storm will happen this time around. Where Drop Zone one stood (it fell over into the parking lot- sorry SOB haters!) a new launch free fall will be added. It will have much batter supports and reach exhilarating speeds of 80 miles per an hour. A new half pipe slide will be added in place of the old one, and all rides (yes, all!) will get a paint job. A mountain range will be added in place of Action FX Theater, and be a state of the art roller coaster. Included will be anamatronic figures, projections, and mighty big blasts of water. A brand new fireworks display will also be added into the park.

• 5 weeks later...

1. An old dilapidated haunted mansion like dark ride in river town.

2. Back in the woods somewhere in River town, maybe behind WWC or Tomb Raider. I'd have to get out a map and see where it could fit. It would be a perfect passenger hog and just fun because the park needs a cool dark ride like that.

I think that those booster bike coasters look stupid.

Replying to a post up a few post.

Yes but look at it this way. Top Thrill Dragster was built and they had massive amounts of problems with that and the Six Flags bought anothert rocket coaster. EVen is these rocket coasters are closed they will still draw in alot of guest.

Reridable we have. It's called Vortex. Good ride, packed with air, and I have NEVER waited more than 10 minutes to ride it, even from front seat etc..

As for new rides, maybe one of those newfangled Gerstlauer's? They arent as big or bad as BM or Intamin, but those Eurofighters look like fun, and have a past-verticle drop, which will give all you thrill junkies what you want. Plus Ger makes wild mice and spinners too. Sure I'd love an Intamin, but these guys would be more affordable, and would draw in quite a crowd IMO.

I would put in a Top Thrill Dragster like ride with a top hat inversion instead of just a normal hill. It would break the height and speed barrier.

I would put it right where SOB and Adventure Express kinda meet.

I would put in a Top Thrill Dragster like ride with a top hat inversion instead of just a normal hill. It would break the height and speed barrier.

I would put it right where SOB and Adventure Express kinda meet.

What part of change of ownership do you not understand?? 2 things with this statement:

1. My suggestion of a Ger coaster would probabbly be our best bet economy wise. Do you remember how much TTD cost? Millions of dollars more than PKI will be willing to spend next year...Now, a smaller rocket about as high as StormRunner maybe. But a 400+ foot tall coaster, NO!

2. If they do anything in that area between SoB and AE, they should put in more trees to hide them. If SoB is like its mom/dad, it should be hidden partially in the forest. Also, AE has a hidden from society feel to it, and that barrier in between them kind of ruins it...

• 2 weeks later...

I would like too see something new in the waterpark. Maybe sumthin like what The Beach has, a coaster slide, or whatever you call it. I can't even remember the name of the slide. Someone help me out. lol. --jenni