Yay or Boo to Nick Universe

Cheap and slightly run down feel to it? Last time I checked, both IJST and TRTR didn`t have a "run down" feel to them. Sure, some of the effects on both rides don`t work properly, but how does that make those rides seem run down. Granted, it hinders the experience slightly, especially the nonfunctional onboard speakers on IJST, but the attractions certainly do not appear run down to the average park goer. I think that the park know what they are doing with their children area. I don`t think that they want to loose their Golden Ticket award for best Children`s Area any time soon.

I will be the first to say I wish NU had added certain other attractions, but, this concept that PKI is turning into a 'dump' is crazy. Yes, its is not Universal, or Disney or Busch Gardens but, it still is one of the top seasonal theme parks in North America. The park has attractions that most seasonal theme parks could only dream of. Yes, they need to work on integrating the themed areas with the theming of the rides, but overall I think PKI is in good shape.

While I miss Hanna-Barbera Land I think it will be good for the kids it isnt our place to judge after all its for the Familes and for the young at heart.

I dont really care I just hope it isnt CHEAP looking besides I got Funtastic World of HB to hold me over! smile.gif

I say NO because the Kiddy area they had was fine the only reason Paramount ditch HB is because the agreement is about up I think it expires 2009- I just feel HBL was fine as it was but...cant wait to see NU when the park opens after all most of you are acting like its gonna be rockin.

I think it will be a good thing. More kids will want to come to the park simpy for NU, which will bring new guests...while I'm sure kids enjoyed PKI, did you really have kids wanting to go just for HBL in the past few years?

Although renaming The Beastie is just a sad way to go.

Beastie was already renamed once.

And we weren't very amused the first time around, either.

Scooby Doo, anyone?

Yep. I remember that. Scooby Doo was my first coaster! NU will not impact me because my kids are big enough to ride the big coasters so I won't be over in that area. I am however so sad to see a part of my childhood go away with HBL. sad.gif