SFOG - Something New In My Backyard

• 2 weeks later...

^Thats awesome, that looks like its going to be a great ride and in a beautiful park. I havent been to SFOG in awhile. Wooferbear, is that the highway that the coaster travels over, whats the other B&M that it seems to come close to? Is that the stand up one? One more thing, how well is SFOG maintained these days, from what I've seen on the itnernet it looks great. My dad used to work for Astroworld and one of his best friends was an manager at SFOG who we used to visit quite often.

^Thats awesome, that looks like its going to be a great ride and in a beautiful park. I havent been to SFOG in awhile. Wooferbear, is that the highway that the coaster travels over, whats the other B&M that it seems to come close to? Is that the stand up one? One more thing, how well is SFOG maintained these days, from what I've seen on the itnernet it looks great. My dad used to work for Astroworld and one of his best friends was an manager at SFOG who we used to visit quite often.

It must be access roads that it cuts over. It does not go over I-20. Goliath actually cuts over Batman the Ride and Superman Ultimate Flight. I basically surrounds most of the park. When they say HUGE - they mean HUGE!

As far as maintenance, I have been very pleasantly surprised. I used to be under the impression that Six Flags was kinda a dump. But they maintain this park very very well. It's always clean and always busy. (Well, when it's not 40 degrees like it is outside now. <G>)

^Does SFOG have a lot of space for expansion or are they kind of pressed for room?

They actually do have a fair amount of room to expand. It's not land locked like Carowinds is. The rough part is that the park is subject to flooding much the way that Coney Island is. I've seen it under water twice in the last three or four years. That makes things difficult so I'm not sure how much of the land is truly useable or not.

^Does SFOG have a lot of space for expansion or are they kind of pressed for room?

They actually do have a fair amount of room to expand. It's not land locked like Carowinds is. The rough part is that the park is subject to flooding much the way that Coney Island is. I've seen it under water twice in the last three or four years. That makes things difficult so I'm not sure how much of the land is truly useable or not.

Yeah I've seen a lot of those pictures of SFOG underwater, is carowinds totally landlocked?

Yeah I've seen a lot of those pictures of SFOG underwater, is carowinds totally landlocked?

For the most part Carowinds doesn't have a lot of room to do anything other than with their developed area.

Carowinds is a very special park in the chain. It doesn't have any of the layout or organization of the other parks. That makes it all the more interesting and "GASP" Charming.

• 2 weeks later...

HEY

Just FYI - MARTA is running a shuttle to the park.

This is much better than $15 for Parking

Six Flags Over Georgia Shuttle

Summer is the time for roller coasters and thrills, and that's where MARTA's Six Flags Over Georgia Shuttle comes into play. This express shuttle / Bus Route 201 departs from the Hamilton E. Holmes Station and drops you off at the amusement park entrance, it’s only a 12-minute ride. The service operates only on the days the park is open from approximately one hour before the park opens until approximately one hour after closing. The route runs every 40 minutes throughout the days it is operating.

Since Six Flags is outside of MARTA's regular service area, an extra $.75 each way is charged in addition to the regular $1.75 one way fare. Customers can use a transfer, token, or valid TransCard and pay the additional $.75 each way, or pay $2.50 each way upon boarding. Call Customer Information at (404) 848-5000

MARTA Website