PKICentral Exclusive: Nick Universe Construction!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish them great success. . .

Heavens knows that ride could use some smoothing (or less jouncing of the trains, but that's another story...apparently one the park doesn't want to hear).

At least The Fairly Odd Coaster tracks VERY smoothly. Of the wood coasters at Paramount's Kings Island, I must confess it is my favorite. Has been for quite some time now.

Very good find, Topgun1993! I took that picture, and didn`t even notice that the handrails had changed colors! I just wish they would have picked a more lively color than that purple shade. But they probably only repainted the handrails, and touched up the paintjob on the rest of the coaster, and did not give it a completly new paint job. Whatever paint they added, was added since WinterSoar. Because the old yellow/orange handrails can clearly still be seen in this image.

They removed the tunnel? Why, oh why? I know with the name change it is not emulating The Beast anymore, but still, that has been a staple of the ride for the last 25 years! Oh well. And, if you check out this picture, you can see that there appears to be no tunnel on The Beastie (it is kind of hard to see through the trees, but you can tell that the tunnel has been removed). Things will change, and we will eventually get used to the new Beastie, I mean, Fairly Odd Coaster. I think I`ll have to take a spin on it this year. I haven`t ridden it in the past couple of years.

I was not cool with the faulty hard hat!  I was sad when she handed to me.  I even cried a little.

/pointless

And Jennifer's probably reading this going, "I ought to give him a new hard hat on Opening Day as compensation for the faulty one." tongue.gif

....sorry. Just had to say that. K, I'm done. rolleyes.gif

i am officailly crying my eyes out!! omigosh i was so against it, but now it looks sooooooo kewl..woo!! i cant wait till april 14!!! oh i think i am alright now... but expect me to be a first in the queue.

wow it looks awesome... omigosh so much change for home.. wow..

oh and to answer the gold pass question, they are processing them on opening day, i dont know why this year.. we went firday to get one for me and the security guard said the processors will no be in until opening day so we have to wait... either buy them at meijer or online at of course the oh so famous site. :Dthen take them with you and go to the building, get it processed and enjoy!! woot! i am dying for it, i am staring at last years with wide eyes dreaming it was this years... i wonder if they will be gold again instead of yellow, i remeber when they were gold looking instead of yellow... ahhh the Son of Beast days..

Needs a new paint job? I wouldn`t necessarily say it needs a new paint job. Yeah, it would be nice to have the track painted red again, but it is not looking too bad. Drop Zone`s colors are starting to fade rather noticably though. But still not as bas as Vortex was back in 2000.

Could someone e-mail me a couple of pictures?  I am unable to look at some websites here Iraq.

Matthew.roach@krab.centaf.af.mil

Some ways around those things:

www.papertigershark.com

www.acidraincloud.com

www.legallyblindfold.com

All little ways around things. It could be slower, but it works.

Those links are life savors! I was able to view all the great construction pictures. Thanks again.

Yea both Dropzone and Face/Off got really bad. They painted Face/Off and now it looks really nice but they should have made the track red and the supports yellow since the yellow fads really fast. Anyway dropzone has been needing a paint job for about 2 years now and chances are they still didnt paint it.