What's Your Favorite Cedar Point Rollercoaster?

Gemini, because it has some great airtime, and is run the way a racing coaster should be. Few other coasters involve rider participation, especially when the two trains pass each other on the turns. Very smooth throughout, yet intense right at the very end!

Sure, Magnum XL-200, Millennium Force, Raptor, and Top Thrill Dragster are excellent coasters, and among the best of their "genres," but to me, Gemini is unique.

• 2 weeks later...

I voted for Gemini. I love that ride, it often gets over looked by the other newer bigger coasters but Gemini still stands its own after over twenty years. Such a great ride with the hand slapping and several amazing head-choppers. It may not be the tallest, fastest, or most intense but it is by far the most fun.

It is a big toss up between Gemini and Raptor for me. I have only been to CP once, but loved it. I rode most of the coasters, and hated Mean Streak. TTD and MF were great, but I still like Gemini and Raptor better. And, because I enjoy ignoring my own safety, I did high-five a guy on Gemini. It was pretty fun.

i havent been to Cedar Point yet so i dont know.. and even if i do go im holding true to Kings Island, every day im going to wear a K.I. shirt.. rolleyes.gif im such a rebel.. my mom says top thrill dragster is nice though.. dry.gif im not a Cedar Point fan to any extent.

Coincidentally, whenever I go to PKI, I wear my CP or DD shirt. REBELS UNITE! As for the topic, I cant decide. TTD is a great one trick pony, and MF is full of yummy Intamin goodness. Then again, you cant really beat a good old fashion hyper like Magnum. And lets not forget Blue Streak. Its the most ejector air I've ever experienced on one coaster.

I voted Millennium Force beause, just the height of it and the speed. And the open car style. My second would be Raptor, its Six inverions and being inveted. You can really kick the sky. Top Thrill Dragster is 3th, just its fast quick launch and it 420ft hill. You got to love that station spiel.

Theres a Cincy one now? Or are you jumping the gun and assuming thats what's gonna happen to PKI?

Anyway, guessing from the choices, I'd say the one on Lake Erie>.> *votes Woodstock Express to throw everyone off* Why isnt Gemini Jr. on the list?

edit: Nevermind. Just saw it. (There goes my chance to vote for the true credit whore ride rolleyes.gif )

Hmmm....... Where are all the Top Thrill Dragster votes? biggrin.gif

Voters who would have favored TTD all snuck off to....New Jersey?

--The Interpreter, who just had to:

a. it's open for the season.

b. it's taller, faster and IMHO, more fun...plus it has one more hill!

c. it makes this one wonder, "What's the Point?"

For a wood coaster, Blue Streak is tops - hands up or down.

For a steel coaster, Magnum XL200 is my #1.

All of the coasters at CP are good - even the lame ones, like the Mine Ride (Woodstok's Express is better!) and Mean Streak, which is a beautiful coaster to look at.

If the Iron Dragon went as fast as PKI's Top Gun, if would be great.

If you're thin and short, all the others are ok. But, if you're like me - 6'4" and 280 pounds, don't waste your money going to CP. You won't fit on anything - and I don't know why when I can ride everything at PKI and other parks without any problem whatsoever.

• 2 weeks later...

You know that on a clear day from the top of Magnum's Lift you can see Canada?

Actually, what you are seeing is the islands on Lake Erie- Put-in-Bay (South Bass Island) or Catabwa Island to be more precise. Pelee Island is about 30 miles away and it would be difficult to distinguish which island you can see.

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.ad...CA&1qc=Airports

very true, the major island is pretty far away Pelee Island is a Ferry spot, Sandusky residents, locals, and tourists can easily take a ferry, and travel to Pelee, then to Canada, but take your Passport or Birth Certificate, and dont forget the Driver's Liscence or another gov't issued ID.

Are we talking Cedar Point Sandusky or Cedar Point Cincinnati? <G>

What are you talking about? There is no Cedar Point in Cincy. If there is everyone knows that the person who made the poll meant in Sandusky. I really doubt that there is a CP in Cincy. If you are talking about PKI going to be another CP then you dont know KI or CP!!! wacko.gif

The one thing I have learned about this business, and how, is to NEVER say never.

No reasonable person right after Six Flags bought Sea World of Ohio ever thought that Cedar Point would, in effect, own Geauga Lake AND the former Sea World property. And not continue the animal park. And build a waterpark with non-union labor right in the middle of union country. And watch admissions fail miserably.

No reasonable person thought a small real estate company in Oklahoma would ever own Six Flags.

No reasonable person ever thought that Walt Disney would take on the entire amusement park industry.

No reasonable person ever thought that Disney would build a pseudo-Six Flags park in its parking lot at Disneyland.

No reasonable person ever thought that the shows at Kings Island would NOT improve under Paramount.

Never but ever say never.