Craig Ross

PKI Foodguy

This news is true......it was announced to department VPs early last week or so that Craig Ross is no longer the GM for PKI, he will still remain with Paramount however as he is the head of a comitee for "special ventures" or something like that (dealing with things like Bubby Gumps Resturants, etc.)

Tim Fischer is returning to PKI to run the park in the interm.....my guess is until the park sale is final and the new company appoints a new GM.

Craig will definalty be missed around the park....I always enjoyed the fact that he would get out of the office and come walk around the park and interact with not only guests but the seasonal associates as well. He is a very friendly guy and a great person to work with/for.

But I also always enjoyed working with Tim....so at least it is not too extreme of a change.

Craig always seemed to have a level head about the direction of the park, so I think he'll definitely be a great asset to the company on a corperate level. I haven't met this Tim Fisher guy, but from what you guys are saying, he seems like a good person. I look forward to seeing what the future holds for this park.

This news is true......it was announced to department VPs early last week or so that Craig Ross is no longer the GM for PKI, he will still remain with Paramount however as he is the head of a comitee for "special ventures" or something like that (dealing with things like Bubby Gumps Resturants, etc.)

Tim Fischer is returning to PKI to run the park in the interm.....my guess is until the park sale is final and the new company appoints a new GM.

Craig will definalty be missed around the park....I always enjoyed the fact that he would get out of the office and come walk around the park and interact with not only guests but the seasonal associates as well. He is a very friendly guy and a great person to work with/for.

But I also always enjoyed working with Tim....so at least it is not too extreme of a change.

What makes you so sure the new owners will change GMs?

We're talking a sale of the entire company here, the internal structure isn't likely to be changed.

I definitely doubt that the new owners would change too many things about any of the Parks' structures. Just think, they would have to find 5 new VP/GM's, etc for each Park. This isn't like Six Flags selling one Park to Cedar Fair, this is a whole chain being sold. If changes are to be made, they probably would only be one here and one there type of thing, and not a whole wipeout of current management. There just isn't enough people to do that.

As well, it isn't like any of the Parks are failing miserably. Each is very successful currently under the current management. Changes right away could possibly ruin the Parks. PCW and PKI were both in the top for seasonal parks attendance.

Let me clarify what I meant by "until the park sale is final and the new owners appoint a new GM"

I say this because Tim Fisher is still maintaining his Corporate role, meaning that he is not just the GM of PKI, and I specifically remember hearing the phrase "for the interm" So whether Paramount Parks appoints a new GM, or the new owners appoint a new GM, either way I think that Tim is only going to be here for a little while.

Yes, I think the "interim" thing is just until Paramount Parks, or the new owners finds a person to fill the GM role at PKI. Essentially Tim Fischer is temporary acting GM, not unlike what Andy Kennedy was at UC. But that is a whole other story about UC and its oh so wonderful president...