Which is better?

gburn07

I'm forum happy today. Alright i'm goin to PKI just days before I head down to Disney. I've been wanting to do the comparison if RockN'Rollercoaster to Flight of Fear for a while. I've been on both and as of now here are some of the + and -'s of each

FOF

+ lapbars, much better ending, one more inversion

- launch not as intense as RnRc, somewhat shorter, boring middle part of ride

RnRc

+ better launch, better themed (music, signs during ride, etc), longer

- boring after the last corkscrew, rough with the OTSR's, one less inversion

which do you think is better?

^I didnt think Rocking Rollercoaster was that rough but I thought it was better since Ive been on FOF probably more than one hundred times, not joking, and dont get to ride Rocking Rollercoaster very often. However I gotta give it to FOF because of the lights and the close encounters with the supports. and how its constantly banked or inverted and I HATE Aerosmith with a burning passion.

I didn`t mind Rock `N` Roller Coaster. The theming was nice, expecially with the car design and the launch track area. However, I like FoF`s main ride area better. THe black lit sets that fly by on RnRC just seem a little cheasy. As far as the actual coaster experience, I like FoF slightly more, but as stated above, that is because I can ride it any time at PKI wheras RnRC is all the way down at Disney World.

It's very hard for me to ride RnR Coaster, as Tower of Terror is beside it! Simply the best flat ride (if you can call it that, ha!) ever!

But, honestly folks, I much prefer Flight of Fear, especially when the midcourse brake is off. That ride is a sheer delight.

Theming cannot make a subpar ride experience grand...

Otherwise, you could just put a Topspin in a box, and....

I'm unsure if you can really compair the two rides. Yes they do have in common many things but they are totally different rides if you think about it. Both rides challenge to give a spacific thrill to the riders and theme.

Now I have not been on Rocken Roller Coaster but I have seen renderings of what it is like. But at this moment in time I think they are different from each other.

Just to add, I look at this as for example, the FX theater. Two shows are playing, one show on one side of the building and one on the other. When you think in the long-run, both rides are the same (moving seats, watching screen). But then again Both shows are different and offer something else (Different movie). Thats how you can look at it.