IJST

AZ Kinda Guy

What in the hell were they thinking? "Lets build a short, medicore ride with awesome themeing but only to have the themeing go to hell over the summer." Seriously, the ride itself is ok and they let themeing fall apart. Sure I'm *****ing but I'm just giving my two cents. Besides it's hard not to ***** when you see rides like Hydra, Hades, and Sheikra, just to name a few, being built...Like someone famous once said; "I wish that pki would ditch this whole family thing and build something that gives me a boner."

PS...The crew kicked ass though!

ummm....dude, as a member of the staff at PKI you should be projecting a more positive image for the park. Not criticizing them for everything that they do.

P.S. If you get a boner from a rollercoaster you've got serious issues LOL

It was just for humor

But his signature would indicate that he has been wink.gif

And I honestly think that those that have worked at the park should speak out about things they think are good or are bad.

I know that I put a lot of hours in at the park to not have my say even years after not working there. It's like a home. Hell, in fact if you work at the park you probably have spent more time at the park than you had at home.

I just wanna know why this guy now decided to say something about it.

Your view on the ride is yours and I have no problem with that. Everyone is entitled to their own dicision. Now in your case AZ kinda guy, if your looking for a ride "that" kind of ride I would suggest Bon Bon Land. rolleyes.gif

LOL! Seriously, the ride is aweful, this is my opinion, those who argue with me go get a life. I am no member of the park, just a customer/fun seeker. The themeing went down the tubes and the ride is very short. We need rides that don't require such mantainence and themeing, like Millennium Force or Mean Streak. Kings Island is so clumbsy when it comes to mantaining rides it's rediculus. Cedar Point is outstanding with every attraction and brings in big $$$. The only thing Kings Island made a BIG success in is their childrens are which has been named country's best. Son of Beast isn't lasting long, and IJST well is falling apart since opening day. I hate to burst y'alls bubbles but you all know its true. Honestly, if they build one more wooden roller coaster I'm going to puke, we're in the 21st centry, which calls for UPDATED things!

Well if the general public would keep their hands off of things that doesn't belong to them, then maybe the speakers would still work on IJST. I hope that things were fixed for the season though.

As far as the ride goes. I think it's an okay ride. It may not be the fastest coaster but it's nice. But it's time for PKI to bulid a huge coaster. Hopefully we will see one soon.

Guest faceoff

I for one like the italian job. Throughout last season, i did not feel that ride

went downhill. I really enjoy the ride and the park as a complete place of fun.

That is why i bought a gold pass. If pki had poor maintenance-the park would

be nothing more than a traveling carnival with gum holding rides together.

Yes, i do wish they would add a coaster like millennium force or dragster

and a launched impulse coaster-but until they do and beyond, i will still purchase

my gold pass and come for the fun. I am counting the days to opening weekend

and will be there all four days. Have a nice day.

Tom smile.gif

Honestly, if they build one more wooden roller coaster I'm going to puke, we're in the 21st centry, which calls for UPDATED things!

Of course, you realize in the past few years we've have seen the most amazing wooden roller coasters on the planet built:

-Thunderhead (2004)

-Hades (?)

-The Voyage (2006)

-Kentucky Rumbler (2006)

-El Toro (2006)

-The Legend (2002, perhaps?)

There's more to it than those; I'm just too lazy to put them down right now.

P.S. If you get a boner from a rollercoaster you've got serious issues LOL

Not to mention if you get a boner on a real nutcracker like Delirium, Face/Off, or Tomb Raider, you've got serious issues.

Well if the general public would keep their hands off of things that doesn't belong to them, then maybe the speakers would still work on IJST. I hope that things were fixed for the season though.

As far as the ride goes. I think it's an okay ride. It may not be the fastest coaster but it's nice. But it's time for PKI to bulid a huge coaster. Hopefully we will see one soon.

I think the speakers were fixed the last time that i rode it and that was towards the end of the season during fearfest im not 100% positive but im pretty sure on that.

I just wanna know why this guy now decided to say something about it.

Because I felt like it...

Just a side note here..I'm not complaining about the park has a whole. I love the park. I'm just not a fan of IJST and apparently I'm not the only one who thinks that.

Its too bad that those making the decisions dont value the opinions of a rides supervisor but only care who comes through the ticket stalls

PKI did not have an increase in attendance compared to 04. So therefore, the people who came through the ticket stalls felt the same way about IJST.

^I didnt say they did, I'm just saying that what affects their decision is the people coming through the ticket booths. So if IJ was the cause of an attendance drop then theyd learn from that. However, thats a pretty bold statement for you to say IJ caused the attendance drop, your not taking itno account other factors such as gas and rising travel costs. Even CP took a hit last year.

You see, that's where you're wrong. It's the responsiblity of the park to assume that anything that can be defaced will be. That's why things have to be either tamper proof or there has to be someone there watching at all times. You have to bear in mind that if you put 15,000 people in one area, there's bound to be a few hundred idiots.

Well if the general public would keep their hands off of things that doesn't belong to them, then maybe the speakers would still work on IJST.  I hope that things were fixed for the season though. 

You see, that's where you're wrong. It's the responsiblity of the park to assume that anything that can be defaced will be. That's why things have to be either tamper proof or there has to be someone there watching at all times. You have to bear in mind that if you put 15,000 people in one area, there's bound to be a few hundred idiots.

I agree.

Now Persian Rugs may look great up at the front gate but you're not going to put them up there and allow thousands of folk to walk over them.

LOL! Seriously, the ride is aweful, this is my opinion, those who argue with me go get a life. I am no member of the park, just a customer/fun seeker. The themeing went down the tubes and the ride is very short. We need rides that don't require such mantainence and themeing, like Millennium Force or Mean Streak. Kings Island is so clumbsy when it comes to mantaining rides it's rediculus. Cedar Point is outstanding with every attraction and brings in big $$$. The only thing Kings Island made a BIG success in is their childrens are which has been named country's best. Son of Beast isn't lasting long, and IJST well is falling apart since opening day. I hate to burst y'alls bubbles but you all know its true. Honestly, if they build one more wooden roller coaster I'm going to puke, we're in the 21st centry, which calls for UPDATED things!

Wait, we "need rides like Mean Streak". Haha, how do you respond to a statement like that? Saying that a park "needs a ride like Mean Streak" is a terrible idea and Mean Streak is a terrible ride; it's like saying another park should build another SOB. At least IJ:ST is smooth and has fire and a tunnel to keep you entertained, there's nothing to take your mind of the pain and boringness of Mean Streak.

If you like Mean Streak it's okay because it's your opinion, but honestly no version or anything even close to Mean Streak should ever be build again. If you want a wood coaster that's actually fun and would be worth building some where else try Legend or Thunderhead.

You have to bear in mind that if you put 15,000 people in one area, there's bound to be a few hundred idiots.

That is one of the most obvious yet insightful remarks that I have heard in a while. I think that many public places do not take this fact into consideration, even though it is definetly a necessary precaution.

There will always be something to complain about at every park. Why are there so many different types of cars made? So everyone has the chance to pick one that fits them perfectly. Amusement parks do not come in that variety therfore we must compensate with what we have. C.P has the best collection of rollercoasters. The park is rundown imo and I saw things there that I never saw at PKI such as line jumping, pullups on the supports of rides, one guy mooned one another, and finally people were spitting on others while exiting elevated stations. Take your pick: do you want a nice park with decent rides or a overly crowded on weekdays, rundown imo park with the best rollercoasters? I'll take them both.

oh there are so many things i could say about this ride!! all of them not very nice to ppl who may like it:

-steps up to podium-

mhm, well this "rollercoaster", if you want to call it such, is just a sad waste of time.

ok but more to the point you can see that further in the season the line slowly went down and down, at the begining it was "omg look at that!! so kewl!" then i would turn my back give my opinion, ride it with this person and they would agree with me. just to say, its not really what you think it is, ITS NOT WORTH IT.

oh and i forgot to mention it broke down almost everyday!!!! they spent so much time on special effects, the tecnical stuff and the cars were terrible!! oh wow fire... for Vortex flippin christ we not cave people, you have almost 15000 guest every day... wtf do you think they want to do!? ride some slow coaster, NO, not compared to 78 miles per hour on a woodie!! jeez, trains go faster than IJST!!

-steps down-

Take factors such as gas and rising travel costs and other parks seen a increase in attendance.

I agree with AZ Kinda Guy on this one. Most times you see attendance drop when a new coaster is put in but thats a result of not having one put in for 5 years. I don't see it that way with IJST.

What other parks? Like carowinds and Canada's wonderland, care to comment on how much gas was in those areas and what other transportation is offered to the parks as well as airfare, location, loding, and availability of those things. Im not arguing that gas caused attendance drops but what I am arguing is that IJ is what kept folks from coming, thats a pretty bold statement to make just because some disgruntled rude guy on a message board doesnt like the ride. What I'm arguing is that there are more facotrs to an attendance drop then just the attraction added like AZkindaguy and all the IJ haters seem to think and I dont even care for the ride. Whos to say when King Cobra was added, a ride a lot of you like to praise and whine about its removal, that attendance dropped and if you say it didint, lets see some definitive proof. You people boggle me, you whine and complain that IJ doesnt go 80 mph and isnt 300 ft. tall, its not meant for you "thrillseekers" of sorts, its meant as a ride the whole family can enjoy. But I'll jet jzarley point out the business standpoint.