IJST

AZ Kinda Guy

Yeah. Attendance is based on so many factors. A new ride is an important factor to overall attendance, but it is just one of the many factors that determine how well the attendance figures do. I believe the best year attendance wise that the park has ever had was back in 1996 when Flight of Fear opened. If I remember correctly, they had 3.6 million people visit that year.

IJST was added for the whole family to enjoy. It's a smooth and fun ride, but it is too short. But as CombatStupendous said, you shouldn't be whining about the ride not being a huge tall record breaker. And sure some of the theming has gone down hill, but the ride serves its purpose: It's a fun rollercoaster wit some cool special effects that the whole family can enjoy together, and If you don't like it don't ride it and let the people who do enjoy it ride it.

IJST was added for the whole family to enjoy. It's a smooth and fun ride, but it is too short. But as CombatStupendous said, you shouldn't be whining about the ride not being a huge tall record breaker. And sure some of the theming has gone down hill, but the ride serves its purpose: It's a fun rollercoaster wit some cool special effects that the whole family can enjoy together, and If you don't like it don't ride it and let the people who do enjoy it ride it.

i wouldnt say i am whining, but i would compare it to record breakers because its at Kings Island, K.I. is not just another Coney Island, its got alot of record breakers, atleast half of their rides have a record, i guess in my book IJST wins the records for slowest rollercoaster, and if i didnt know anybetter i would say that The Beastie feels faster...but speed is something you expect from K.I's rollercoasters so you going to want it to be up to those standards.

and for a person to say something like that that loves PKI as much as i do, i would say its one and a million, never in my dizziest dreams would i bash Kings Island but for this particular reason, i do.

Take factors such as gas and rising travel costs and other parks seen a increase in attendance.

I agree with AZ Kinda Guy on this one. Most times you see attendance drop when a new coaster is put in but thats a result of not having one put in for 5 years. I don't see it that way with IJST.

What other parks? Like carowinds and Canada's wonderland, care to comment on how much gas was in those areas and what other transportation is offered to the parks as well as airfare, location, loding, and availability of those things. Im not arguing that gas caused attendance drops but what I am arguing is that IJ is what kept folks from coming, thats a pretty bold statement to make just because some disgruntled rude guy on a message board doesnt like the ride. What I'm arguing is that there are more facotrs to an attendance drop then just the attraction added like AZkindaguy and all the IJ haters seem to think and I dont even care for the ride. Whos to say when King Cobra was added, a ride a lot of you like to praise and whine about its removal, that attendance dropped and if you say it didint, lets see some definitive proof. You people boggle me, you whine and complain that IJ doesnt go 80 mph and isnt 300 ft. tall, its not meant for you "thrillseekers" of sorts, its meant as a ride the whole family can enjoy. But I'll jet jzarley point out the business standpoint.

North America's 50 most popular amusement parks rose 4.2 percent in 2005.

http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar.../512260305/1001

Take factors such as gas and rising travel costs and other parks seen a increase in attendance.

I agree with AZ Kinda Guy on this one. Most times you see attendance drop when a new coaster is put in but thats a result of not having one put in for 5 years. I don't see it that way with IJST.

What other parks? Like carowinds and Canada's wonderland, care to comment on how much gas was in those areas and what other transportation is offered to the parks as well as airfare, location, loding, and availability of those things. Im not arguing that gas caused attendance drops but what I am arguing is that IJ is what kept folks from coming, thats a pretty bold statement to make just because some disgruntled rude guy on a message board doesnt like the ride. What I'm arguing is that there are more facotrs to an attendance drop then just the attraction added like AZkindaguy and all the IJ haters seem to think and I dont even care for the ride. Whos to say when King Cobra was added, a ride a lot of you like to praise and whine about its removal, that attendance dropped and if you say it didint, lets see some definitive proof. You people boggle me, you whine and complain that IJ doesnt go 80 mph and isnt 300 ft. tall, its not meant for you "thrillseekers" of sorts, its meant as a ride the whole family can enjoy. But I'll jet jzarley point out the business standpoint.

North America's 50 most popular amusement parks rose 4.2 percent in 2005.

http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar.../512260305/1001

Makes me want Busch to buy the parks all the more. <G>

We need rides that don't require such mantainence and themeing, like Millennium Force or Mean Streak.

I hope that you are only referring to the cost of themeing when it comes down to MF or MS (which there is virtually NONE). Both of those rides have high maintenance costs; for MS- CP bugets close to $1 million/ year for the yearly rehab and the repairs to the end of the first drop hill (which is why there are brakes going down the hill) and normal wood replacement. And with MF- CP replaces the elevator lift cable at least once a year if not twice, and I am not sure about this one- but I bet that CP also has to replace the mechanisims that connect the lift cable to the train itself on a regular basis just due to normal wear & tear.

It is too bad that some people have to vandalize certain parts of the park just so they can "leave their mark". If they wanted to do that, I would rather they go and pee on a tree.

But there are so many other things that the park could do to keep up with the themeing that could have never been touched by vandals which would give the park a much better image.

i wouldnt say i am whining, but i would compare it to record breakers because its at Kings Island, K.I. is not just another Coney Island, its got alot of record breakers, atleast half of their rides have a record, i guess in my book IJST wins the records for slowest rollercoaster, and if i didnt know anybetter i would say that The Beastie feels faster...but speed is something you expect from K.I's rollercoasters so you going to want it to be up to those standards.

and for a person to say something like that that loves PKI as much as i do, i would say its one and a million, never in my dizziest dreams would i bash Kings Island but for this particular reason, i do.

Not every ride has to break record you know.

but what I am arguing is that IJ is what kept folks from coming, thats a pretty bold statement to make just because some disgruntled rude guy on a message board doesnt like the ride.

Disgruntled and rude? I merely gave my opinion on the ride and apparently I'm not the only one who thinks that way.

The bottom line here is the ride didn't do what they thought it would do. Which is raise attendance. So if you ask me, the ride failed.

ah my friend, i didnt say every ride.. Nope. i am still simply comparing it, in my opinion, which is not illegal because it is an amendment, that i dont like it, and that it is something i just cant see coming from PKI.. even though Paramount Put it there, still the fact they took it drives me off the wall, and they took away a clasic ride to put in something that is the same speed practically.

The bottom line here is the ride didn't do what they thought it would do. Which is raise attendance. So if you ask me, the ride failed.

I am not a particular fan of IJ, but thinking that any ride like IJ is going to raise attendance by a significant amount in a one year time span is asking a little much.

Now considering that PKI spent millions more on a ride like SoB, and that SoB's unfortunate reputation by a majority of riders is that it is a horrible coaster, I could agree 6 years later that particular investment is a failure.

My thought on all this is we'd have half the people right now not complaining about IJ if it wasn't so hyped up in the beg. I for one thought it would be a major thrill ride like the promo showed. Its my fault for thinking it. Great ride in the park? no ... Horrible ride in the park... def no. Parks just dont build the tallest fastest..etc rides. You have to have a variety for everyone. Most likely their next rollercoaster wont be one of the small size of IJ.

I am not a particular fan of IJ, but thinking that any ride like IJ is going to raise attendance by a significant amount in a one year time span is asking a little much.

This is true. However, I'm sure they expected IJ to give a slight increase or at least help them stay flat. If not, they wouldn't have built it.

ah my friend, i didnt say every ride.. Nope. i am still simply comparing it, in my opinion, which is not illegal because it is an amendment, that i dont like it, and that it is something i just cant see coming from PKI.. even though Paramount Put it there, still the fact they took it drives me off the wall, and they took away a clasic ride to put in something that is the same speed practically.

I never said you couldn't like it or compare it to other rides. I just think that a ride like the Italian Job shouldn't be compared to record breakers, as you are, because it is not meant one. Once again it is supposed to be a fun ride for the whole family and not a record beaker.

AZKindaGuy, love the first post. Although, I have felt this way about IJ since before it was even built. I knew it was going to be a real snoozer, except to the kids 10 and under.

And, for those who don't get a boner over a coaster, maybe you should find out what's wrong with you! wink.gif

I respect everyones opinion on here, no matter if I agree with it or not.

So Im glad we all have a passion about IJ:ST one way or another.

Heres my 2 cents.

I wish it were longer, but excelent job theming the ride. Also attribute the downtime to a lot of the effects to the simple fact that this was a heavily themed ride with some very particular show scenes. Even Disney and Universal have issues with theming. I saw a dinosaur on JPRiver Adventure without arms once.. It happens. We can only hope it gets better this year.

The ride packs a good experience for being short and considered a family coaster. Love the upward spiral launch, provides great g's.

If you road IJ:ST during FearFest with all the fog you will agree that they need fog year round on this ride. Awesome ride effect experience.

I only hope that the ride is maintained and the scenes are kept up and that next year we finnaly get the next big thing. Its time to put the family deal aside and build another monster of the midway.

p.s. if you get a boner on a coaster better pray it is not on Mantis or you can kiss your manhood goodbye.