4/4/2001

Captain Nemo

In 2001 on this day, The press day for the new Nickeolodeon Central happened. The new attractions included the first inverted coaster for kids- Rugrats Runaway Reptar, and the retheamed log flume ride, The Wild Thornberry's River Adventure.

I thought that bringing this to everyones attention was important now that we are getting ready for the new Nickelodeon Universe.

This is why Paramount Kings Island has all those Golden Tickets for the best Kid's Area, And bygone it! They deserved it!!!

I remember feeling VERY sorry for the enthusiasts who were there that day...apparently some of them were riding the flume very early that morning in temperatures of, oh, about 40 degrees! Worse, they had been told to dress as if it were a warm summer day, as a commercial shoot was in order. At least the elephant showed them some mercy!

Yeah. Not to mention we get the friggen record for most coasters in a kiddie section. Or atleast we did when ballbuster was there>.>

They're taking out a coaster (Ghoster Coaster) and replacing it with a newer one (Avatar). I really doubt that the coaster count in the area will change. tongue.gif

~S~