Fearfest Visit 2006?

darque

I realize this may seem a little odd to be asking this question now....

My friends and I are planning to do a coaster trip this summer, having not done one for a couple years. Our last trip took us to PKI and although I'd like to visit a new park, the opertunity of returning and riding The Beast during the Fall is something I think that is worth considering. I'm a really big fan of Fall Forests as well as Roller Coasters. smile.gif

My concern is that all the thrill rides may not be open due to the season. SFDL for instance has in the past closed entire sections of it's park during it's own version of "Fright Fest". Although we'd not pass up on the special seasonal attractions while at PKI, Fear Fest would not be our primary reason for visiting the park.

As well, what are the queues for the rides like? Am I pretty much garunteed to find long weights? If we do this Fall trip, it'll be from Friday 13th - Monday, so 3 1/2 days to enjoy. I just don't to spend a lot of that waiting in long lines.

Fearfest is great...originally I thought that there might not be one this year due to the changing of hands of the park...but since the park is already selling Winterfest tickets I would assume that Fearfest (or whatever it might be called) will happen.

As for your questions, weather is the biggest factor. I have been to all the Fearfests...only once when I went was it bitterly cold...so none of the steel coasters were running that day...most of the time you will be safe. Rain can also affect what rides are open in a round-about way...if it is a COLD rainy day, the crowds will also be down...with the crowds not there it seems that they start closing certain rides to save money. (Usually nothing that would break your heart.) Personally, I always root for a day that is dreary and just barely warm enough to keep the coasters all running...that way you get to ride tons of rides with no waiting.

The park is not usually that busy in the daytime during Fearfest...it's when it starts getting dark that it becomes a nightmare. (No pun intended.) My advice is ride all the rides you can in the daytime and just worry about the Fearfest attractions at night.

Your choice of going on the 13th is good...that way you will hopefully get to see the fall colors but not the huge crowds you see closer to Halloween.

Good luck & have fun!

Actually, two rides are closed for most of October. The Scrambler has its cars taken off in preparation for off season maintenance. The park then uses the Scrambler ride area and queue as the line for R.L. Stine`s Fear Street attraction. And the other attraction to not run is White Water Canyon, for obvious reasons.

Yes. He menioned that there would be more "scare zones" similar to CornSTALKERs and that they would try and spread the FearFest fun throughout the entire park. Hopefully, is still recieves a major revamp, but only time will tell if that is still the case.

The water rides being closed in October is not always true. In 2003 for my birthday we went upt hier and took some friends and the water rides were open. Congo Falls had a pretty long line. Plus it was like 76 that day, it is normally cooler in October.

-Jake

Usually during fearfest, there isnt any long lines for the rides, but for the haunted things thats a different story. I hope fearfest is actually scary this year, unlike last year when i jumped once in Circus of Horrors 3-D, and once in that once by the Eiffel Tower, Maze of Madness and Psycho Path were dumb, and i never did try R.L. Stine, i heard it was pretty good though.

Usually during fearfest, there isnt any long lines for the rides, but for the haunted things thats a different story. I hope fearfest is actually scary this year, unlike last year when i jumped once in Circus of Horrors 3-D, and once in that one by the Eiffel Tower, Maze of Madness and Psycho Path were dumb, and i never did try R.L. Stine, i heard it was pretty good though.

Um, Rear Fest? How about FearFest. I know it was probably just a typo.

And, yes, lines can be quite long for rides during FearFest. The crowds normally pick up as it gets closer to dark. I still find Maze of Madness disorienting and scary. Even without the scaractors in there, it is confusing and somewhat frightening (at least to me). No, they may not be scary, but they are still fun. I would prefer PKI with FearFest in October than PKI without FearFest in October, even if there are more crowds in the park.

Yes.  He menioned that there would be more "scare zones" similar to CornSTALKERs and that they would try and spread the FearFest fun throughout the entire park.  Hopefully, is still recieves a major revamp, but only time will tell if that is still the case.

Yeah, this is mostly due to Canada's Wonderland's sucess with their first season of FearFest last year; I believe that if our FearFest gets revamped in terms of a new scare zone, Action Zone will be the likely choice.

Now, if I'm not mistaken, either Kings Dominion or Scarowinds had multiple scare zones ala cornSTALKERS last year, so it should be no surprise that we get new scare zones; cornSTALKERS and that Gauntlet thingy by the Sling Shot was defintely the best part of FearFest last year.

Although, if we get bought by Cedar Fair, hopefully the amazing talent of Knott's Berry Farm's Halloween Haunt makes its way over here to Kings Island. What I don't want is to see our haunted event get the boot and have CP's HalloWeekends get all the fame and glory, like Geauga Lake did at the end of 2005. That would just about kill my liking toward CF, as the Halloween Haunt is the only thing I like from Cedar Fair. dry.gif

Having attended FearFest at PKI when it was a sperate gated attraction and this past year when it wasn`t, I`d have to say that this past year was the best year for FearFest in terms of thrills and chills! The Cornstalker`s area was great, and the theming throughout the park was much better than when FF was a seperate admission event. Even the Scare Zone they put up over near Slingshot was fun and entertaining, albeit not scary.

• 3 months later...
Not when it is 40 degrees!

Besides, dodging the water (or pretending to) is half the fun. Mr. Elephant normally makes that QUITE impossible. I think he should only blow his snout about half the time, in a very random fashion!

That would be much more entertaining. At least to me.

hahahaha! yes that would be overall more entertaining