Why do you ride The Beast?

beastlover4life

I ride it because it's their LOL. No seriously though it's still ranked as one of the best coasters around. So i'm just glad to have it so close by. Also it's the funniest coaster I have ever ridden in the dark. You get that out of control feeling at night.

The Beast is a wonderful ride, I always look forward to the out of control feeling of the helix part of the ride. I kinda enjoy the intensity of that portion of the ride. Night rides are the greatest on The Beast. It's like you have left the park and are on a fast pace ride out to the middle of nowhere!

The Beast is a wonderful ride, I always look forward to the out of control feeling of the helix part of the ride. I kinda enjoy the intensity of that portion of the ride. Night rides are the greatest on The Beast. It's like you have left the park and are on a fast pace ride out to the middle of nowhere!

I ride The Beast because I have great memories of the ride from my childhood.

I remember my sister getting me to ride it with her for the first time. The ride has virtually no true competition. It is well in a league of it's own. And it was WAY ahead of it's time. All wooden roller coasters have a unique feel to them, ( Son of Beast, The Racer, Mean Streak, Gemini, etc. ) But The Beast is so much more fun.

Its got to be the tunnels, and the speed, and the trees. Location is everything for The Beast.

I think people ride it because it was the first ride to officialy be called the first terrain coaster. And for the reason that it has no specific layout so it gives you the feeling that the ride is going anywhere.

I would think that the Thunderbolt at Kennywood would have the claim as being one of the first terrain coasters.

For me I just love the feel of the ride, it's so much fun. There is so much to it, with the multiple lifts, tunnels and hills you get a little taste of everything. Also with it being in the woods, it makes it feel like a different ride each season. The helix at the end is my favorite part, the lift hill before just adds suspense. I just love it.

I think people ride it because it was the first ride to officialy be called the first terrain coaster. And for the reason that it has no specific layout so it gives you the feeling that the ride is going anywhere.

I would think that the Thunderbolt at Kennywood would have the claim as being one of the first terrain coasters.

Actually that would have been the Pippin. The Thunderbolt is relatively a new thing, composed, in part, of Pippin.

In any event, right chain, wrong coaster.

Think Rollo Coaster at Idlewild. Obviously a terrain coaster.

http://www.rcdb.com/ig272.htm?picture=10

And there are many others, too..

Saves on the building expense, you know.

Even Son of Beast takes tremendous advantage of the terrain it is on, or it would be even larger! It would have taken far more wood to build, were it not for the terrain. I remember what a big deal Jeff Seibert made of this at the time.

Actually that would have been the Pippin. The Thunderbolt is relatively a new thing, composed, in part, of Pippin.

Considering that the coaster was modified to include the deep gully on multiple passes in 1968 to become the Thunderbolt, I don't consider that new.

I guess you could say it's newer than what it started out as...

I love The Beast, being out in the woods and getting away from all the people and stuff, especially at night when it really gets a little creepy but really fun. I especially like the helix when i sit on the outside.

I ride it for that thrill it gives going down the first hill and roaring out of the tunnel topping 65. Also the great rush going into the twin covered helixes. feels like you are going to go out of control and die. Sorry if that sounded violent but hey thats how i feel about my Number 1 Coaster!!

Yeah, I ride The Beast everytime I go to PKI, when it is open. I was at the park last September for a commercial shoot and The Beast wasn`t part of it! Other than WinterFest visits, that was my only visit all season long when I didn`t ride The Beast. I rode it 108 times last year.

i rde the bast because of the feeling it gives u.there not even words to describe how it makes me feel.at night is the best time to ride it because it seems like thy speed up the track a litttle bit.going through the tunnels in the dark is really fun.its like ur letting all of ur troubles out and starting something new.The Beast is very exhilirating.

• 1 month later...

The Beast was my first "bigger than The Racer" coaster. I came off of it shaking - something that no other ride had ever done to me before. I couldn't believe that anyone could have built a coaster with "out of the box" thinking. And then to ride it at night - WOWzers! (mind you, all of this took place back in 1980 when I was 21 years old)

• 3 weeks later...

I ride The Beast because it was the first "big" coaster I ever rode and it's just and awesome experience. I love all the views from the ride too, sometimes I just zone out and forget I'm on a roller coaster because I'm so involved in looking around me. I also love the out of control feeling of the helix, and the night ride is also spectacular! tongue.gif

• 2 weeks later...