Why do you ride The Beast?

beastlover4life

The Beast was my first "bigger than The Racer" coaster.  I came off of it shaking - something that no other ride had ever done to me before.  I couldn't believe that anyone could have built a coaster with "out of the box" thinking.  And then to ride it at night - WOWzers!  (mind you, all of this took place back in 1980 when I was 21 years old)

Gotta agree with you Hank. I was shaking when I came off of The Beast for the first time, too. I thought I was the only one. It is a good point that it was indeed some thinking outside of the box with this one. Beast at night is unbeatable.

Ummm, I thought this was a poll...how come no voting?

You know, I don't think I've ever ridden The Beast at night. Anyhow, I don't even remember when I first rode The Beast. It was back in the days where I kept my eyes tightly shut until I knew I was almost down the first major drop.

I love The Beast. It is exhilarating to ride. And the view is teriffic. And my dear ol' granny loved that coaster until the day she died.

^You just reminded me of something I had forgotten. My grandfather, God rest his soul, rode The Beast long before I was brave enough to ride. I remember him saying that coasters back in his day were nothing like The Beast.

^You just reminded me of something I had forgotten. My grandfather, God rest his soul, rode The Beast long before I was brave enough to ride. I remember him saying that coasters back in his day were nothing like The Beast.

Coasters are still nothing like The Beast.

The Beast was born a Classic and will always be so.

^You just reminded me of something I had forgotten.  My grandfather, God rest his soul, rode The Beast long before I was brave enough to ride.  I remember him saying that coasters back in his day were nothing like The Beast.

Coasters are still nothing like The Beast.

The Beast was born a Classic and will always be so.

I don't think there will ever be another coaster built anything close to it... When they built Son of Beast, I thought The Beast's days were numbered. Then I road SOB... SOB is faster and taller, but will NEVER have what The Beast has. I see The Beast like a 1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Convertible. They will never make them like that again! I wish GM would make just one BIG gas guzzling model of a car and make it a Cadillac convertible. They make the HUGE trucks and SUVs so why not?!?!?

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...6lr%3D%26sa%3DN

I think most people ride The Beast because it's a great coaster. It has broken alot of records and it's alot of fun especially at night. I like The Beast best out of all the wooden coasters I have rode in the USA because of tunnels, helixes, smoothness, speed, and layout. I hope this coaster is never torn down. Long live The Beast!

I think most people ride The Beast because it's a great coaster. It has broken alot of records and it's alot of fun especially at night. I like The Beast best out of all the wooden coasters I have rode in the USA because of tunnels, helixes, smoothness, speed, and layout. I hope this coaster is never torn down. Long live The Beast!

My daughter and I both love The Beast! It is an awesome ride and we are still trying to find which seat on each train we like best...they all have a slightly different feel. Every ride is different, depending on weather, temperature, number of riders (weight)...so you don't know what is coming until you're done!

It is great at night, particularly if you ride it near the end of FearFest when the lights are all out, with no moon and the sky is totally dark...truly The Beast at it's BEST!

We have already ridden Beast 162 times this season and still going for more (going this afternoon again). My daughter is on a quest to ride The Beast...our best so far:

• 57 rides in one week
  • 21 rides in one day
  • 19 rides on the same train without getting off (changed seat a couple of times)

Look out Beast King!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I ride The Beast because it is a great ride and always gives you a thrill no matter how many times you ride it. I personally love the second tunnel where the end of it is cement, because when the train is speeding out of the tunnel it makes this ferocious indeed beastly sound, and that is what gives me the chills everytime I ride it. biggrin.gif

-Chris

I like riding The Beast at night too! Three reasons why are; First of all it seems like the lines always a walk-on in the late evenings. Second I like to feel the sudden drop of temperature in the low lying areas. Third is it just seems more faster in the late evenings.

Day rides on The Beast are OK, but for me it's the night rides. It's all about seclusion. There is something about racing out into the woods at high speed in the dark that seperates The Beast from any other coaster. And the helix at the end doesn't hurt anything either. By far the best ride in the park and the best woodie on the planet.