Old Cars

pope03

Does anyone know what they did with the old cars? I believe I could see them in storage from drop zone last year. I sure wish they kept those instead of bringing Italian Stunt Track. I rode that once and never have since. The line is too long, and I wasn't too impressed.

Italian Job Stunt Track is and was a tremendous hit.

Just because people who frequent this site, and other so called die hard coaster enthusiast didn't or don't like it doesn't mean it wasn't a hit. Keep in mind coaster enthusiast make up less than 1% of theme park goers.

The ride was created for families with small children. I have ridden it twice, and I love it. I have heard nothing but good things about it from regular park goers (which make up about 99.5% of park goers).

Were all entitled to like and dislike what we want. Some of us even have the nerve to say we don't like The Beast!

Italian Job Stunt Track tops the list of the most popular attractions at PKI, it's not going anywhere. People are still gonna stand in line for hours at a time to ride it, and they are gonna love it. So all of you haters just get over it, accept it, be happy that PKI is the #1 seasonal family park in the nation because of rides and attractions like IJST! Catering to eveyone is what makes PKI a tremendous hit, and sought after vacation destination.

I'll say it again, if your looking for cut throat intence thrills go to Cedar Point, it's that simple - Airromeo biggrin.gif .

Just because people who frequent this site, and other so called die hard coaster enthusiast didn't or don't like it doesn't mean it wasn't a hit. Keep in mind coaster enthusiast make up less than 1% of theme park goers.

The ride was created for families with small children. I have ridden it twice, and I love it. I have heard nothing but good things about it from regular park goers (which make up about 99.5% of park goers).

Were all entitled to like and dislike what we want. Some of us even have the nerve to say we don't like The Beast!

Italian Job Stunt Track tops the list of the most popular attractions at PKI, it's not going anywhere. People are still gonna stand in line for hours at a time to ride it, and they are gonna love it. So all of you haters just get over it, accept it, be happy that PKI is the #1 seasonal family park in the nation because of rides and attractions like IJST! Catering to eveyone is what makes PKI a tremendous hit, and sought after vacation destination.

I'll say it again, if your looking for cut throat intence thrills go to Cedar Point, it's that simple - Airromeo biggrin.gif .

Please cite where your statistics come from.

you just confused me by about a billion percent

What do you consider a regular park goer? I don't think 99.5% of the people who visit the park visit regularly. Think about how the ticket line at the front gate, if they all visited regularly they would have a season pass, and I think they are more than .5% of the visitors.

And I may be overlooking it, but I can't find Italian Stunt Track on the pki website. I guess that shows how they feel about it.

Those cars are used to this day at parks like Paramount's Kings Dominion, Six Flags over Georgia and even Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom. They are worth many, many thousands of dollars each. They won't be disposing of them for free to anybody. They might DONATE one to a group to be sold for charity, if that.

As for the park benches, that's about the same story, though they of course are not worth quite so much...but...since they are unique, who knows? You might even see them at Jungle Jim's some day. They'd be cool with a monorail!

yes, the cars are there, doesn't mean all of them are there, some may have been sold. There are a lot of cars since there were once two sides to the antique cars. In fact, I am pretty sure the ones behind Delirium are the ones from only half of the Antique set.

Can anybody tell me when and why they took out the first half of the old cars? I guess this was a clue the other half wasn't gonna last much longer. I wish they would come back. That was a true family ride. People of all ages can ride in NU, but that doesn't mean dad enjoys the baby coaster. But those cars were fun for everyone.