Opening Day 2006!

Dane

I would just like to be the first to say... Welcome to the 2006 Season of Paramount's Kings Island! The weather is going to be great with a high at 81. Nickelodeon Universe is done and ready to take on its first riders at 10am today. The new paint has really brightened up the place.

Don't forget that Boomerang Bay starts its slides for the 2006 season beginning May 27 at 11am.

See you there!

-Dane

-PKICentral.com - Where the offseason just seems to fly by!

it is now 10:33am on april 14 2006

congradulations to all of those who get to go to the park today!

which includes my cousin.

but i'm stuck at home.

Also in a completly unrelated coment happy good friday everyone.

in another completly unrelated coment, does anyone think the onride videos will come back on the official website this year?

thank you

~vl2

Just got back from the park, Nick Universe is jam packed and everyone seems to be loving it. That leaves the rest of the park to be vacant with 5-10 min. wait times.

Hope you have already processed your Season pass as the line to get it processed is backed up into the handycapped parking area!

Oh yes, its 82* there and sunny.

I arrived on Kings Island Drive at about 10:55am, to find only one toll gate open. It took about 30 minutes to get thru the traffic and actually in the parking lot. I was a little disapointed with only one toll booth open, with all that traffic.

Just got off my shift, it was a hectic day. Very Busy, more people than i expected. NU was VERY packed when i got off i walked through to take a look around. Very happy to be back at work smile.gif

DMC

I'll probably take a walk around to look at everything after my shift tomorrow. I'm glad there was a good turnout for NU and that everyone was enjoying it... Can't wait for tomorrow. Going to be fun to be back at work.

I arrived on Kings Island Drive at about 10:55am, to find only one toll gate open. It took about 30 minutes to get thru the traffic and actually in the parking lot. I was a little disapointed with only one toll booth open, with all that traffic.

i know i have no clue why we had south tolls only open and i worked gold pass parking till about 10:30 till it was packed and no parking left so they moved me to tolls.

I gave PKI a suggestion on the site feedback page. I do understand that not having both tolls open has to do with staffing. But come on, at least have both open until 12pm or something. It would really help on the congestion on Kings Island Drive.

i was there it was awesome. i have 13 years working in the park, rides dept in the late 70's to the mid 80s and then the rest of the time was in entertainment department. the nu was awesome, so glad they did that, but for an old timer like me its kinda sad, each year you see an old memory disapear and the new come in....both my sons work there now one in security and one in food so i can ride with them and go right in without the wait at the tolls. seemed like there was more people in the season passline than there was in the park...lol.....

Smurfgurl1984.  I have a comment about your signature.  You could not have worked FearFest at Kings Island in 1999, because they didn`t start FearFest until 2000.

CoasterRZ- I couldnt remember if it was 1999 or 2000 for some strange reason i was thinking 1999! Thank you for letting me know!