Things that have changed

TOPGUN1993

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on the park map the spell doo wrong on the scooby-doo meet and greet they have it scooby-do meet and greet not scooby-doo meet and greet..........Typo!!!!

hay but i will not comment others on spelling becouse i know im not perfect spelling wize some times

note the eye rolling

why is the park doing these *price raises*????

note the eye rolling

Because they are in the business of trying to make money and think they will make more money at these prices than they would have at the older prices?

And because the park is for sale, and they want to show the prospective new owners that more money can be made?

The reason there are no picnic table behind Wings is because for WinterFest, they had large generators back there for the Holiday Illuminations show. Most likely they haven`t brought them back.

On the subject of Flight of Fear. In the exit hallway, they put up new FRP panels. Those are the same type of prefinished panels you often see in restaurants, with the connecter piece running vertically every four feet. I think those were installed to reduce vandalism, which is ashame. Also, on one of Flight of Fear`s trains, it no longer has black seats, but orange seats, much like the lapbar color. The headrests are still black on both trains, and only one train has the orange seats.

note the eye rolling

Because they are in the business of trying to make money and think they will make more money at these prices than they would have at the older prices?

And because the park is for sale, and they want to show the prospective new owners that more money can be made?

It's a flawed premise.

It's very similar to the ill thought out pricing methods for Winterfest.

Why is it that the park does not seem to be utilizing intelligent business principles?

Another thing no one has mentioned is employee name tags. They now are sporting name tags that have their picture on it and clips onto their caller. They are almost the same size as a season pass.

Those are actually their employee ID's.

Anyone notice that the blue train on the Backwards Racer didn't have the logo on the train.

Also on FoF they actually have the third train parked on the transfer track. I wonder if they are going to go back to a 3 train operation this year on FOF. I noticed they were running train 3 on Friday.

Yeah train number 3 was running but not all 3 trains were running, ill get back to you on what numbers the trains runng were. The 3rd is on the Xfer Track, i hope we dont ever use it lol, i get tired and exhausted fast enough working two. Three would be murder sad.gif

Yea only the one got orange seats, i think its because at the end of last season the padding had been ripped etc. This Orange padding to make it look nicer. Perhaps they figured it would be cheaper to replace it than to continue using duct tape biggrin.gif

Another thing no one has mentioned is employee name tags. They now are sporting name tags that have their picture on it and clips onto their caller. They are almost the same size as a season pass.

It's kind of funny: PCW has been doing that for the past few years after they got rid of the nametags. But now, PKI rids themselves of nametags for just the ID card, and PCW goes back to using nametags.

The other thing is, while prices have gone up, that does not mean it is because the Parks are being sold. The way some people see it, everything that isn't perfect this season is because the Parks are being sold. Simply not true. It's a business, and while is severly sucks to have to pay more, it is the way it is in life. Don't forget, other factors play into the costs. For one, it may cost more to ship the food to PKI because of higher gas prices.

Yep were wearing our ID's as name tags,

HappyDays Dinner doens't have a DJ or music playing outside,

That the big gaming booth by Vortex last year was removed,

Oscars were employers eat had a make over with even better food, with little higher prices,

Coney mall has some new music, as does Nick

Nick also got new gray trash cans, around 80 or 90 in total.

wink.gif

One thing I notice that was moved is at The Wild Thornberrys River Adventure. There was 3 benches right were you could sit and watch people come over the falls which are now gone. I going to miss them because my kids ride it a lot and it was a great place to relax and take pictures of them going down the falls.

Yea it looks nice, we need the other train to get orange seating so they match. I got a few positive comments about the orange seats while i was at unload.

Things That Have Not Changed

People who Ride FOF are still baffled when faced with the half of the seatbelt, they still ask 'Where does this plug into?', 'Do we need this?', 'What do we do with the other half?' And they still try to put both of the negative ends of the seatbelts together although they do NOT fit together nor do they reach eachother lol.

Yea the music in International Street does sound louder than i remember.

Things That Have Changed

Photo Booth removed from FOF, no idea why sad.gif I was hoping to get my photo this year. Exit walkway got a new paintjob.

The Clock, the one that is over near the tower but more inbetween Tower and IJ:ST on the grass, Does not have its hands anymore. So you cant check the time.

EDIT: As for wearing our ID's as Nametags, i dont like it. They should have given us better clips to clip our ID's to. I am use to random people coming up to me and saying, 'Hi (insert name)'. Now that we have ID's people just stare at them, because theyve never seen an employees ID card.

Not to mention if while checking bars the stupid clip unhooks and the ID falls down into a authorized area only, and it cannot be retrieved. Im sure they wouldnt give us an extra ID because ours fell into Lockout.

a. The Floral Clock usually doesn't have its hands this early in the season. They have to plant the flowers first! They will no doubt be back.

b. The music is louder as Tim Fisher is back as general manager. He likes it that way.

c. PKD's FOF did not have orange seats. Besides, those orange seats are NEW, not reconditioned.

The $.75 lockers are gone (they're still sitting there, but don't work).

We went to put some things in them and most had no keys. The lockers that still had keys didn't accept money (the coin mechanisms were blocked). We went to guest relations to see if they we're going to be fixed and they told us the $.75 lockers were not being used this season and that the all day lockers for $6 are all that would be available.

Another change.  The Wack O Mole game in Coney Mall is gone.  Replaced by one of those gaint claw games.  I think it was a sponge bob one. 

Also one side of one ball is gone.  A new game is coming soon on the other side.

your missed whac a mole is going on the other side there, so it shall return.

I looked for it yesterday but couldn't find it. Where are they putting it in Coney Mall?