Things that have changed

TOPGUN1993

Another change.  The Wack O Mole game in Coney Mall is gone.  Replaced by one of those gaint claw games.  I think it was a sponge bob one. 

Also one side of one ball is gone.  A new game is coming soon on the other side.

your missed whac a mole is going on the other side there, so it shall return.

I looked for it yesterday but couldn't find it. Where are they putting it in Coney Mall?

whac a mole was not up this weekend. It should be up soon. It will be in the covered game across from it's fried as the above person suggested. One half will be Crazy Can, similar to the old One Ball and the other side will be Whac a mole.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I can't wait till I get my pass. College books be darned I want my rollercoasters.

I hear you, I can't wait for a day off to ride some rides!

And I think the music is very nice and enjoyable to hear, my fav one on Istreet is the MI2, Top Gun, StarTrek.

In NU the "Its a Perfict Day" is such a good song

why did they take out the big Action Zone sign?

anyone?

Hmm... is this part of a "phase-out?"

I dont think it would be part of the phase out process. Doesn't make sense to me, since Action Zone is not a name of some sort of identifiable Paramount Movie, at least that I know of. It was just the name of the area. I don't know for sure though.

The sign said "Paramount Action Zone", so it could be a phase out.

Are those huge, round floodlights on the Eiffel Tower new?

Those are from Winterfest.

But I do have a question regarding the lights on the Eifel Tower. Do they use them at night or are they only going to be used for Winterfest. I hope they use them year round because they looked great at night.

I thought I heard that they are only going to use them for special events. Like over the July 4th weekend. But i'm not really sure.

As for the Action Zone sign, maybe they are just going to replace it. But I have no idea. I also thought it was interesting that it was gone.

Completely off topic. You get AC in that office? And how long did you work at the park till you got the luxury of this office? lol

sadly, no AC... yet. And it's not my office, per say, but the Action Zone Games Office. I am the Manager of said Games. I have a cubicle in a front building myself. It's not the best little box in the park, but it will do. We all make fun of it too.

Yes, that would be what he was refering to. Unfortunately, most of the time I checked the Action Theater on Saturday and Sunday, only Spongebob Squarepants was open.

With regards to the lights on the Eiffel Tower. They are only going to be used for WinterFest and special events, like Nights of Fire (and probably FearFest). The lights on the buildings on International Street will aparantly be lit every day the park closes after dark, like the old lights on the buildings used to be.

The lights on the buildings on International Street will aparantly be lit every day the park closes after dark, like the old lights on the buildings used to be.

I was so happy to hear this! It will make International Street look so much better at night, and bring back memories. smile.gif

The lights on the buildings on International Street will aparantly be lit every day the park closes after dark, like the old lights on the buildings used to be.

I was so happy to hear this! It will make International Street look so much better at night, and bring back memories. smile.gif

Here's something geeky and how much I like the lights on the buildings.

About an hour after fireworks the lights on the buildings would turn off. When I was assistant supervisor at Funnel Cakes on International Street I'd be in the park late some times. I'd go to Munchen Tower and hit the trip switch in there and the lights would turn back on for about a half an hour.

LOL, not sure why I shared that but just felt like it.

I was just wondering why Nick U doesn't have any cartoons that are real people themeing there rides such as.

- Drake and Josh

- Zoey 101

- Ned

- etc

My Brother watches those kinds of TV shows, And ive seen a few episodes of Drake and Josh. Im not sure that perticular TV shows would make a very good themed ride. I just woke up from a nap to a movie on one of the HBO channels called Mean Creek, what i saw of that movie showed Josh Dying, and it had some pretty strong language.

''MPAA: Rated R for language, sexual references, teen drug and alcohol use.''

Im not sure about the genres of the other two tv shows. I personally cant think of a good theming to go with the TV shows you mentioned. I couldnt even imagine a ride themed to that. Plus, isn't Nick U more for the smaller kids? Those shows are more for the kids 13+ -ish.

Yes. The place has the potential to be a really cool restaurant, with the added benefit of being air conditioned. The fact that it serves Mongomery Inn products which are inherently expensive, and generally do not appeal to families with kids is part of the reason why this eatery always seems to be empty. A sit down restaurant at PKI would be a nice addition, IMO. Wings could definantely use a sprucing up/retheme. Why not retheme it to the Nick at Nite Cafe or something to tie it into the Nick Universe, but also kind of tie it into the rest of the park.