Delirium

pope03

Can someone tell me why Delirium never works. I thought I seen an empty test run yesterday morning, but the ride was closed all day, with about 3 people working at that ride, which doesn't seem very practical. But last year when I visited it wasn't working either. Is there anybody that asked them what the problem was?

I was wondering too. There were several rides not running today. SoB, Beast, Vortex was down for awhile, Delirium. I was also upset that HBL wasn't playing at the FX Theatre. We made an extra trip back there when we were getting ready to leave and Spongebob was playing only. This will be my only trip there this year and I was disappointed.

Yeah on Friday and Saturday were I was working both a all day, Alot of the major rides were breaking, or like Delirium which I don't think ever opened. On Saturday IJ opened up, then during little passed miday it closed and nerver opened up. I heared FaceOff and Thee Congo had some truoble running to. I do hope these are just opening weekend hickups, and that the problems will be worked out and running smoothly. smile.gif

PKI just wants peoples' money, thats all they want!!! mad.gif

Huh, and I always thought Paramount was a charity organization. Rides were broke down????? man did they run out of the fairy dust that keeps machines operating no matter what. I thought they were required by law to keep Ride fairy dust in stock all summer so rides don't break down. Whats with the world today....soon they will be asking us to pay for gas, and what would it be like if counties started making us pay for water....I mean gosh EVERYTHING SHOULD JUST BE FREE!, AND THE WORLD PERFECT

Huh, and I always thought Paramount was a charity organization. Rides were broke down????? man did they run out of the fairy dust that keeps machines operating no matter what. I thought they were required by law to keep Ride fairy dust in stock all summer so rides don't break down. Whats with the world today....soon they will be asking us to pay for gas, and what would it be like if counties started making us pay for water....I mean gosh EVERYTHING SHOULD JUST BE FREE!, AND THE WORLD PERFECT

Wow! I don't think I can put into words exceptable for this forum how stupid you just made yourself look. When people start saying things like this person did, that means they need a break from PKIC forum so they can go back to reality and make sure they are ok. They weren't saying that rides are NEVER supposed to break down, but on PKI's Opening Day Celebration wouldn't you except everything to be working properly? The park has been open three days, and more rides have broke down in one day than i've ever noticed. Also, if there was a fairyland like cincyboy is talkin about, then pki should take Delirium back to the great rollercoaster store and get there money back because it doesn't funtion properly.

The Beast was running fine today. I rode it 2 times during my visit. Vortex was running most of the day as well. I rode Vortex a total of 3 times today.

Like what has been said before. Rides are machines they are going to have a few problems from time to time. PKI will do everything in their power to get a broken ride fixed as soon as possible.

Besides this is the first time in over 6 month's that the rides have been operated this much.

Edited by PKIVortex

So far it seems that Carowinds is the only Paramount park that has opened without major problems.

ahahahahaha!!! Umm... riiight... I seem to be hearing a different story, but sure, they're the only ones who opened without major trouble, if you say so.

They weren't saying that rides are NEVER supposed to break down, but on PKI's Opening Day Celebration wouldn't you except everything to be working properly?

Actually, you can probably expect a few break downs on opening day becaus they have to get the offseason bugs worked out even if they do run them before-hand.

Delirium was actually working on Fri. It worked untill I entered the cue....it seemed as if at the end of its ride cycle it lost power or functionality causing it to swing loosley back and forth. It seemed as if this has happened before on the same day...I observed one of the ride opps throwing his hands up as if he was thinking "not again", and the engineer was resting his head on the op board for which I assume was not because he was tired. So yeah I think that there are major problems with the ride..and its a shame given that I was really looking forward to riding it.

on friday, Delirium ran for like one cycle, I believe, 2 max. I was in the park all day and am in that area. When Delirium is down, it really hurts the traffic that goes through that way, which means less players for games, so I notice these things.

I worked at the park for four years and every year the first weekend is like everyone has described. I know it would seem that it shouldn't be that way but you have to realize that these rides have sit idle for months and have not been consitently ran with people until opening weekend. It sounds like this year has been no exception. It isn't that PKI does not care but rather it has always happened like this on opening weekend. It will take a couple weekends to near May before the rides are all reliable running. One person described the frustration of the ride operator when Delirium broke and I assure you from personal experience all ride ops and escpecially the ride sups/managers are more frustrated than you when these rides do go down. One last thing, I have also had the joy of visiting CP during their opening week the past two years and even they too have problems to the same magnitude we do. Last year it seemed every ride that we got in line for went down. So, I guess you could say it is normal for this to happen at seasonal theme parks.

One last note.....SOB will not operate until later this season. No official date yet.

I worked at the park for four years and every year the first weekend is like everyone has described. I know it would seem that it shouldn't be that way but you have to realize that these rides have sit idle for months and have not been consitently ran with people until opening weekend. It sounds like this year has been no exception. It isn't that PKI does not care but rather it has always happened like this on opening weekend. It will take a couple weekends to near May before the rides are all reliable running. One person described the frustration of the ride operator when Delirium broke and I assure you from personal experience all ride ops and escpecially the ride sups/managers are more frustrated than you when these rides do go down. One last thing, I have also had the joy of visiting CP during their opening week the past two years and even they too have problems to the same magnitude we do. Last year it seemed every ride that we got in line for went down. So, I guess you could say it is normal for this to happen at seasonal theme parks.

One last note.....SOB will not operate until later this season. No official date yet.

I worked for the park for 7 years and no, every weekend was not like is being described.

I'm beginning to think that this is a lot of peoples first opening weekend.

This does not bode for a good year if there are this many complaints.

Heck, the majority of folk are usually still in Awe after the first weekend.

Are you the fairy, hhhmmmmmmmmmm, GET A LIFE! Well when you buy a single-day ticket and everything is broken down, you tend not to be a prozac-feeling-kind-of-guy.