Delirium

pope03

Stupid Canadiens  wink.gif  lol

Uh, PCWi is Carowinds. In the Carolinas (both of them, actually).

PCWo isn't even open yet.

common abreviations on this site and other goofy fan sites usually use PCW referring to Paramounts Canada's Wonderland and PC referring to Paramounts Carowinds, come on interpreter! SHeesh! laugh.gif

"ahahahahaha!!! Umm... riiight... I seem to be hearing a different story, but sure, they're the only ones who opened without major trouble, if you say so."

What did you hear? I went, rode everything, and was extremely happy.

There is more to an open than you might think. The stuff I am talking about is more back end stuff that the general public is not privy to. I was not trying to be a jerk or anything, but Carowinds open was not a happy one on all accounts. I do talk with a one of the VP's down there on occassion and one of the GM's down there.

"ahahahahaha!!! Umm... riiight... I seem to be hearing a different story, but sure, they're the only ones who opened without major trouble, if you say so."

There is more to an open than you might think. The stuff I am talking about is more back end stuff that the general public is not privy to. I was not trying to be a jerk or anything, but Carowinds open was not a happy one on all accounts. I do talk with a one of the VP's down there on occassion and one of the GM's down there.

The one that told you who is buying the parks no doubt. <G>

In the grand scheme of things, it reallly doesn't matter how hard the opening was to pull off for the staff. What matters is what the public--the paying visitors--perceived.

If the staff had a grand time and things seemed just fine, but the public saw a park where many of the rides and stands were closed, the park had a great backup of people trying to get in for at least an hour, etc., they will tell others and many won't come back.

If, on the other hand, all major rides were functional, the landscaping was grand, the restrooms spotless---then, regardless of all the headaches the staff had pulling this off---the public will, for the most part, be well pleased and also tell others. Sadly, people who have bad experiences are far more likely to tell their friends than people who have good ones, but that's the way it is.

One of the parts of "Service Excellence Training" that we used to learn was that a guest that has a bad experience can be disasterous. One person having a bad experience tells on average 7 other people. Those seven other people mention the experience to others when they hear the name of the place in question.

It's all kinda a chain reaction, so it's important to do the best you could do.

We were never allowed to go out and say, "You Can't Please Everyone." That was given as an example of allowing yourself for excuses and not keeping you on top of your game.

The one that told you who is buying the parks no doubt. <G>

I have never said who was buying the parks. In fact, if you read all my posts, you will see that, despite all the things being said about Cedar Fairs buying the park, I told everyone that it will probably not be sold, or at least known, until June. So, next time, if you're going to try and make something funny, make sure you're being accurate. Otherwise, you look like an idiot.

Interpreter, you are correct, but, like I said, there is more to an opening than just what the public sees. You may have had a great experience, but I heard it was a little rough in some departments down there, which is why I can say they didn't have the great opening everyone else sees. It's different when you're a manager, you look at all things.

Woofer, your numbers aren't quite correct. One bad experience gets told to 10 people, then they tell at least 2 more, who tell 2 more, etc...

I have never said who was buying the parks. In fact, if you read all my posts, you will see that, despite all the things being said about Cedar Fairs buying the park, I told everyone that it will probably not be sold, or at least known, until June. So, next time, if you're going to try and make something funny, make sure you're being accurate. Otherwise, you look like an idiot.

I'm quite correct in that you had said you were given information regarding the sale of the park but that you could not discuss the same. I think we all pointed out the likelyhood of that happening.

Woofer, your numbers aren't quite correct. One bad experience gets told to 10 people, then they tell at least 2 more, who tell 2 more, etc...

I was passing on the numbers that I was given in Service Excellence Training. You would have to take up that arguement with the folk that did that training.

One of the parts of "Service Excellence Training" that we used to learn was that a guest that has a bad experience can be disasterous. One person having a bad experience tells on average 7 other people. Those seven other people mention the experience to others when they hear the name of the place in question.

It's all kinda a chain reaction, so it's important to do the best you could do.

We were never allowed to go out and say, "You Can't Please Everyone." That was given as an example of allowing yourself for excuses and not keeping you on top of your game.

I remember that from orientation. I belive it's also explained in the employee handbook. I really don't think opening weekend is as bad as everyone is making it out to be.

Use your heads for a minute (I know, Im stretching out on a limb for once.) WinterFest happened, a major construction happened, and you still had regular maintenance. OH WAIT! Winterfest, because of where it was in the offseason, took up almost half the regular offseason to do maintenance. OH WAIT! With major construction, most of the other staff were working on it to get it up and running. Add this to other things that have happened inside the park (nothing bad, trust me, but rides people should know what Im talking about) and it equals that the park might not be 100% on opening day. Plus, its not often that a major theme park opens without major problems. Its just how many problems and how many guests complain about it.

Dont worry though folks, SOB_TOM will be back at the grindstone around May 1st.

Carowinds Opening Day didn't go all that great. Guest were complaining about everything we did, the rides were doing their normal opening weekend pattern of having problems. It was cold and the park was empty.

Thanks for chiming in roller nut. For those who are still skeptical, he does work there and does see what's going on. However, be glada you had such good experiences, the 2 or 3 from these forums who went, because not everyone did. It's the same thing happening up here, a bunch had good experiences and a bunch had bad experiences. These things do happen, sadly.

It is possible to call the park and ask what rides are open and closed. 1-800-288-0808. In the case of Delerium, Face/off, SOB, and perhaps TRTR. They probably could have told you guys what was not open. Plust the park does have a sign out front that says which attractions will not operate that day. If you go through the gates, you've past the point of no return.

....um, SOB had been closed down since mid-October last season, and they had said that the ride was undergoing re-tracking and wouldn't open up until the end of Spring. mad.gif

It surprises me that guests complain about SOB being too jerky and too rough, and then they complain when it's not open or not working. Geez, the reason it's closed is because they're making the ride BETTER so that guests won't have to complain about the ride being too rough. censored.gif

....um, SOB had been closed down since mid-October last season, and they had said that the ride was undergoing re-tracking and wouldn't open up until the end of Spring. mad.gif

It surprises me that guests complain about SOB being too jerky and too rough, and then they complain when it's not open or not working. Geez, the reason it's closed is because they're making the ride BETTER so that guests won't have to complain about the ride being too rough. censored.gif

Ya ain't ever gona hear one complaint from me about SOB being closed.

Now the fact that it's taking up valuable land, that is a complaint I have. <G>