Bubba Gumps

pope03

For anyone that has passed by Bubba Gumps, they have noticed the bee infestation. I've never seen so many bees in the park, especially in one place. Also, back where you feed the gold fish, the have a much larger type of dog food, and you only get 5-6 pieces for a quarter. The dogfood is also too big for the fish to eat, and I could count 20 groups of fish fighting over pieces of dogfood for long periods of time. What's going on with PKI?

couple of things... yes, bees are everywhere, the large carpenter bees... But they don't stink, they bite. They have no stingers... Also, please note bees do sting or bite unless they sense fear or are threatened. And yes, the fish feeders do have bigger food, but the regular food will be in around next week. Rats at all the food that was supposed to be for the fish so we had to improvise for opening weekend.

Thats another reason they should get rid of the bees! Don't carpenter bees build make holes in the wood to build nests? Thats probably not something they want to have. And why couldn't they buy the same kind of dogfood. I don't think it was a special order, I've seen plenty of dogfood in a small size.

Yeah it looked great. Looked like even more theming will be added as well. And remember they are still 2 more rides in NU yet to open. So This will be a great area. I hope we will get the Golden Ticket award for best Kids area this year.

Thats another reason they should get rid of the bees! Don't carpenter bees build make holes in the wood to build nests? Thats probably not something they want to have. And why couldn't they buy the same kind of dogfood. I don't think it was a special order, I've seen plenty of dogfood in a small size.

Read my post carefully about the dog food. We usually order fish food, no exception this year. Problem was, we had rats eat all our food and, at the last minute, we had to find a substitute. Now, if you don't normally buy dog food, you don't know what's small and what's large. We grabbed a bag of large dog food was all, as a filler until next week when we get more fish food in.

Sounds like PKI needs to hire an exterminator to come in and just ride them of all the bees and pests they have to deal with.

Umm... KI is an outside location. Exterminator can spray and kill a lot, but nature will most likely bring a few more bees to fill in the holes. That's what nature does...

Most Park's have a crew who can take care of bee hives and such bug pests. I assume PKI has one too. Many Park's use an expensive industrial strength spray. The spray, once sprayed on the hive, immediately kills all bees in the hive. I assume PKI has one too.

Most Park's have a crew who can take care of bee hives and such bug pests. I assume PKI has one too. Many Park's use an expensive industrial strength spray. The spray, once sprayed on the hive, immediately kills all bees in the hive. I assume PKI has one too.

I'm sure that they still would have an animal/pest control section.

When I was morning person at Quick Draws, they used to set up skunk traps by the dumpsters and it was always quite an interesting surprise if I got in and found one there. No, I never got sprayed by one.

Guest faceoff

I was there opening weekend and the yellow jackets were everywhere. I had

to fight one off going up the first lift hill of The Beast. They were also swarming

near bubba gumps's and Adventure Express. I saw several people not eat at

bubba's because of this reason. Pki needs to spray like Cedar Point does.

I never had a problem there and there are signs in the park, saying they

spray pesticides. I would bet some parents will try to sue pki if there child is

stung. Today, everybody sues for everything.I think orkin needs called. smile.gif

Well, I do believe that those big old bees are carpenter bees and not yellowjackets. Every spring, the park has a problem with those type of bees. Always by the trees near Bubba Gumps and Adventure Express, and over by The Beast. There must be hives somewhere over in that area, or something attracts them there. Because once all the spring flowers on the trees dissapear, the bees tend to vanich as well.