April 16th Trip

DragonLord

Wow, so today was the first day in 5 years that I have come into the park through the front gates... which was very, very strange! It also took me some will power not to tell people what to do (smoking in certain areas, not carring beer, etc.), I was there to enjoy myself and make sure my nephew had a great time too!

My nephew is 8, and he wanted to check out the Nick Universe first. He rode on Fairy Odd Parents (Beastie but without the tunnel!), then we went over to Avitar and we rode that. That was a great ride, a lot of fun! We then went to see Sponge Bob, Dora, Wanda, and Jimmy. After that we headed for Reptar, rode in the very back. From there we went to the new Danny Phantom ride. My nephew got a kick out of that because you have to lay down to ride it. I passed on that ride. From there we went to The Beast. This was the first time my nephew has been tall enough to ride it, and he LOVED it! He was amazed at how long it was and how tall. It was really rough, though. I got bumped and jerked around a lot more than I remember it being and it reminded me of SOB instead of The Beast. I hope it gets a little smoother through the season.

From The Beast we went to Vortex, also a first for my nephew. He has never riden anything that went upside down. It was also the first time in years that I have riden it. It was a great ride! Love the air time, but I should have paid more attention to where I sat and got the front of a car instead of the back... I need the leg room!

From Vortex we went to the FX Theater and watched the HB show. It would have been a lot better in 3D, and the plot was really silly. I still wish that they would bring back Days of Thunder in there. Anyway, my nephew enjoyed it, and that's what counts.

From there we went back to The Beast for a second ride, still rough even though I moved us to the middle instead of the back where we rode the first time. He still loved it, and his picture came out better this time b/c he was looking for the camera.

From there we went to Adventure Express... and all the effects worked! I love that ride, more so now that all the effects are working.

Next stop was SOB, which was closed, so we went to Top Gun. Same old ride, but the scenery changed with all the construction next door. That made it interesting...

After that my nephew beat me at Action Blast twice and got a turtle. I stopped at two times b/c I was afraid the biggest turtle was too big and that his mother would fuss at me for letting him bring that home.

All in all it was a great time. Most of the rides were walk ons except for the Nick rides, and the staff was really good. Next time I go I'll have to get my pass procesed. I'm sure I'll be there off and on all year.

Vortex, also a first for my neophew. He has never riden anything that went upside down. It was also the first time in years that I have riden it. It was a great ride! Love the air time, but I should have paid more attention to where I sat and got the front of a car instead of the back... I need the leg room!

This may have been a typo. But Vortex has more leg room in the front of the cars then they do the back. I have this problem too. I always ride in the last car but in the front of it. My knees hit the seat in front of me if I ride in very back. So I stick to 7-1 in coaster terms.

EDIT: Nevermind I read what you wrote wrong. You did sit in the back of a car, you said you should have got a front of a car. Got ya smile.gif

Edited by PKIVortex

Hay glad you and your nephew had a good time DragonLord. Every time I ride Vortex, I try to grab the front seat of the car. I can't wait to ride The Beast this year!!! You said that it was your first time entering throw the front gate in five years, were did you work at last year.

Glad to here you and your nephew enjoyed yourselves. I can't wait to get out to the park this year!

From there we went back to The Beast for a second ride, still rough even though I moved us to the middle instead of the back where we rode the first time.

Last year I rode The Beast towards the back for the 2 times Tuesday and I also found it to be very rough back there, since I am used to usually riding towards the front or the middle.

Hay glad you and your nephew had a good time DragonLord. Every time I ride Vortex, I try to grab the front seat of the car. I can't wait to ride The Beast this year!!! You said that it was your first time entering throw the front gate in five years, were did you work at last year.

I've worked Security the pass 5 years. It's probably the most fun I've had at a job. You get to see the best and worse in people. It's also been a great oppertunity for me to grow as a person and the training and skills I learning working in Security has helped me out in other jobs. The other Security officers are great and I'm going to miss them. It's the best place to work in the park! It was hard to let go, but I've got a full time tech job now and it pays great and the benefits rock. I'm also finishing school, so I really don't have the time. I've worked 7 days a week before in the past and I hated it. I need more time this year for me and my girlfriend and I really want that to happen. So, no PKI this summer.

From there we went to Adventure Express... and all the effects worked! I love that ride, more so now that all the effects are working.

WOW! So they must have stopped the ride sometime in the afternoon after I rode it and fixed the spears effect, turned on all the lights on the second lift hill hammer men and turned the fog on! All of which were NOT working when I rode it, at 4:00pm, Easter Sunday. I mean, just wow! You would think they would not work on the effects until after the park is closed for the day! who knew!?

The fog wasn't working, so not all the effects were on. The lights were all working, the temple men were pounding their hands, the sounds effects were on. It was a pretty enjoyable ride. We didn't get on it until around 6 or 6:30 in the evening, too. It should just be a simple flip of a switch somewhere to turn those things on, maybe the ride ops just forgot during the daily startups?