School of Rock

gburn07

There are entertainment employees at the park, they are the ones who were responsible for the very-well recieved Breakfast With The Characters this past weekend. However that department was one hit hard with the current rounds of cuts sad.gif The Pop Star Challenge show (Karaoke) will be opening in the next couple of weeks and then School of Rock opens the weekend of June 5. The Parade will be here for one month from June 9 - July 9 and we may see a few other things pop up during the summer.

There are entertainment employees at the park, they are the ones who were responsible for the very-well recieved Breakfast With The Characters this past weekend. However that department was one hit hard with the current rounds of cuts sad.gif The Pop Star Challenge show (Karaoke) will be opening in the next couple of weeks and then School of Rock opens the weekend of June 5. The Parade will be here for one month from June 9 - July 9 and we may see a few other things pop up during the summer.

So I suppose that the International Showplace is just going to sit empty this year?

The park has the same number of characters, the only difference is that now instead of them going to you around the park, you have to go to them in Nick U. Scooby is in front of SDATHC and the Nick characters are on the old Nick stage, every day from 11-6 (meet and greet). On the upside you always know where to find your favorite character, on the down side, it looses that happy atmosphere and that suprise element of walking in the park and a bunch of lifesize plush people are greeting you.

i worked for many years in the entertainment department thru the 90's, i am so disapointed they have few shows now, everysince i was a kid there was a show around every corner, such as international showplace the shows were always packed, especially the evening shows when people were wore out, they would walk by hear and see the show and go in and watch it.....from a relaible sorce, when the park officially changes hands the shows will come back in full swing, it adds to the atmosphere, and me for one things its wrong to cut back to just a few shows....so next year should be alot better as shows are concerned....

i worked for many years in the entertainment department thru the 90's, i am so disapointed they have few shows now, everysince i was a kid there was a show around every corner, such as international showplace the shows were always packed, especially the evening shows when people were wore out, they would walk by hear and see the show and go in and watch it.....from a relaible sorce, when the park officially changes hands the shows will come back in full swing, it adds to the atmosphere, and me for one things its wrong to cut back to just a few shows....so next year should be alot better as shows are concerned....

Thank You Donnie.

I think that folk have forgotten just how much entertainment and live shows were actually at the park at one time.

These shows were certainly not discontinued because of lack of popularity.

Anyone that remembers entertainment pre-Paramount can attest that most every show had every seat filled.

LOL, Every Show the Ushers and Usherettes would have to ask people to move towards the center of the theaters to accomodate more guests.

I don`t think it is as much lack of quality as it is lack of shows. Both School of Rock and Santa`s Toy Factory were top notch shows. The only problem was that School of Rock was really only the major show in the park last summer besides Tuned IN in the International Showplace.

And how would your reliable source know that shows will make a comeback after the parks change hands? As far as we know, CBS hasn`t solidified plans with any potential buyers for Paramount Parks. That being said, no one (except maybe upper level management) has any clue how the acquisition will affect the day to day operations of the park.

I don`t think it is as much lack of quality as it is lack of shows. Both School of Rock and Santa`s Toy Factory were top notch shows. The only problem was that School of Rock was really only the major show in the park last summer besides Tuned IN in the International Showplace.

And how would your reliable source know that shows will make a comeback after the parks change hands? As far as we know, CBS hasn`t solidified plans with any potential buyers for Paramount Parks. That being said, no one (except maybe upper level management) has any clue how the acquisition will affect the day to day operations of the park.

I can not fathom why there are not at least 3 or 4 shows in Internaitional Showplace and at least two shows in American Herritage/Paramount <G> Music Hall.

No one can explain why there is not live entertainment in Festhaus.

All that can be answered by the plain and simple fact that Corporate Paramount Parks does not see live entertainment as being a high priority. And that is a BIG time shame.

I too remember the days of multiple shows in each facility as well as numerous smaller shows that would happen all throughout the park.

However, these days of everything being so money driven, corporate does not see a need to put the money into the live show department. In their eyes the shows are not a draw for the park, shows bring in NO money for the park yet they cost so much to produce. Corporate would rather put the money into something that they can see a turn around profit from.

And this is not the feeling of the management at the park.....trust me, the current management (actually the past now that Craig Ross is no longer their) always wanted to see a larger interest in the show program.

No one can explain why there is not live entertainment in Festhaus.

Actually that can be explained......a few years back, in the late 90s.......the food service department actually managed to convince the management that the shows actually detracted from the ability to sell food in the facilty. (Even though it was due to the shows that the facility was always crowded) It's amaizing that they were so quick to forget that the facility was actually added to the park as a show facitlity with the food service side being something extra, the main purpose was to be the live show.

It would be nice to see a live mainstage show return to the Festhuas.

I do believe that Paramount Parks in the last couple of years has been putting slightly more effort on live entertainment. While the Nick Parade may not be a show, it is definantely a popular feature at the parks. It is also rather well done (It has won awards from IAAPA), and gets kids of all ages lining up across the park to see it.

WinterFest, is a sign that Paramount Parks has put some effort into live entertainment. From the White Christmas Express, to Scrooge`s house, to roaming characters, the parade and Santa`s toy factory. WinterFest is more about entertainment and atmosphere than rides. I think for the most part WinterFest`s entertainment was rather remarkable coming from PKI. Yes, there were things about the entertainment portion that could be improved apon. And there were other things about the event that they could improve upon for this year`s event. But all in all, the live entertainment is what WinterFest is mostly about.