Was Opening Weekend a Success?

Delirium13

I can't vote because I didn't go, but since so many people have been arguing back and forth about the good and the bad and there have been good trip reports and bad trip reports, so I wanted to get everyones take.

So what do you think, was it a success or a flop?

Yes, I feel that overall opening weekend was a huge success. Yes, there were glitches here and there. (A particular ride in Action Zone that I wanted to ride but was having issues stands out to me). But overall, the park looked great, and it was nice to be back up there with the rides running. Also Nick UNiverse looked awesome, and better than I expected it to look. But it kind of makes me sad, especially when I was back by Avatar, not seeing the hand cars, or the kiddie tumblebug, rides that I rode when I was just five years old, LOL.

From what I had heard, people are saying that the opening day at PKI was the largest that they had ever seen at any opening day for a park. I had heard so many great storys from people who say they had a great time. I went yesterday and had a blast. If anyone went, does everyone agree that the Adventure Express Crew is awsome? When I was on it they were so enthusiastic and happy. They excited the crowd and made everyone get their hands up and scream as we left the station. Everyone just seemed to have a great time. So yes I am going to say the opening weekend was a huge success!

The people made it a success! Example:

The season-pass processing center used awesome teamwork to power through a database problem that would have simply shut down any lesser crew. Facing what looked like a 3,000-person line of eager patrons, the kid who processed our passes was as cool under pressure as an air traffic controller! I was impressed! You don't find such on-the-spot problem solving many other places, I assure you. Great job!

I'm sure this same kind of energy exists throughout the park, and the big rides will be up and running soon.

This was a "preview weekend"? I guess that means we can expect a few start-up problems. I heard a bunch of selfish, pushy guests whining to various crew members about nit-picky things (not being able to buy a pretzel without standing in line; having driven nx100 miles, only to find Delirium being down, etc.) But for the most part, folks seemed happy to see the park open again after the long (albeit mild) winter, and seemed to make the best of their trips.

(The weather was on the side of the park on opening day, too. The breeze on the Eiffel Tower was so refreshing, I wanted to stay up there for an hour (but we didn't)).

I think opening weekend was a success, and 2006 will be a big year. cool.gif

The guests i encountered seemed very happy that the park was Open again. It is expected that a few problems be encoured, like ironing a shirt. We still have another Month to iron out the creases until the full daily season begins smile.gif

I think the weekend openings are here to troubleshoot any problems we have. Last season, there werent many big problems. Ive not encountered a previous opening season, so im not sure if '05 opening had any problems.

Guest faceoff

I went all four days and had a great time. The two rides, i did not ride were Delirium and faceoff. They were always closed when i was in Action Zone. The

weather was good, since the rain and storms waited till after park hours. Some

restaurants were closed-i guess due to not enough staff. One thing pki needs to

do is spray insect repellent for yellow jackets. They were everywhere. I would

hate to see a small child get stung by one of those and then the parents would

sue the park. I am looking forward to a return visit.

Tom smile.gif

One thing pki needs to

do is spray insect repellent for yellow jackets. They were everywhere. I would

hate to see a small child get stung by one of those and then the parents would

sue the park.

The bees were thick on opening day. I don't think anyone would have a case if stung, though. I think they would have to convince a court that PKI deliberately compelled the bees to attack the kid. Moreover, supposing the park's pest control efforts are compliant with all applicable laws and regulations at the time of someone being stung, any claim of negligence would be rendered void. I think they swarm the park because they like the smell of funnel cake! wink.gif