Flight of Fear In Trouble

DonaldMacRonald

^Saying they are censored smiley face stupid for doing so is a pretty ignorant statement adn as usual people on here are jumping to conclusions. You people keep forgetting that you dont know what is going on what is going to happen to PKD's fof nor PKI's. The truth is PKI's fof is still sitting there and operating this year so lets enjoy it. Secondly, if they do remove PKD's or plan relocate PKI or PKD's fof coaster, you dont know thier reasons for doing so, so before we all try to go and lynch paramount park executives, lets wait and see what the truth is and whats going to happen.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^If you judge popularity by the average size of the line then Flight of Fear takes the cake and eats it all, but if somehow one of you guys held an opinion poll and found Vortex to be more popular than I guess your right but I dont think either of you have. I will tell you this, Flight of Fear did beat Vortex in the upcoming video and thats from 4 internet polls, questionares, and actual interviews with park guests.

I know when I worked at the Park. About every hour at Vortex we used to bring in about 1,000 riders per hour. I'm not sure if FoF with only running 2 trains could bring in 1,000 rides per hour. Lets face it, Vortex is a people mover. FoF has slow loading time. Slow loading time equals longer line.

FoF shows on here as having a capacity of 2000 people an hour, i guess thats with all 3 trains running. With only 2 of the 3 trains running im sure it wont make to much of an impact on the 2000 people p/h

FoF Stats

Ill keep a track next weekend, on how many riders we can get in, in an hour.

Actually that 2000 pph were if they were running 4 trains. You also have to keep in mind those stats were released 10 years ago. The seat belts and with people not knowing what to do with it, and people not putting there feet under the foot bars all slow down capacity.

If Vortex has every seat filled and every train is dispatched at the bell, Vortex could actually get 1500 pph.

PKI Vortex has a good point, lines cant always mean popularity especially when the capacity is strikingly different. But, in the various polls I've held, and not just on the internet, I've found that people generally prefer FOF over Vortex, FOF is neck and neck with 2 other coasters for number 1 right now but the polls still have awhile to go so I wont say more. I dont think people would have prefered FOF over Vortex before 2001 though.

I actually enjoyed being a PKI ride op. On the panel it tells you the # of riders per hour, # of riders last hour, and # of riders year to date. On a really good day, we pulled about 1200 pph at Vortex. On thing that slowed us down was that gate they added at the exit. The person who was on unload side couldn't go to dual dispatch until everyone was out of the station and the gate was closed. Ever wonder why they moved the dual-dispatch button on Vortex to the load side? Because of that problem we had in 2001.

I'd still would really like to know, the real reason why PKD's FoF is not running this season. I have heard a rumor it's because PKD already has too many launched coasters, and another would cost too much to operate. Or maybe they are just retheming it. But a retheme really doesn't make a lot of sense either. If Paramount is trying to sell the park, then why are they retheming the ride. I have no idea what is going on at PKD.