Flight of Fear In Trouble

DonaldMacRonald

I have been there and looked right at it and it is orange paint. It is hard to tell if it is in the pic but it's all there is for me to show you from here. If you are at the park and it is still on there you know about where to look for it.

If I remember correctly it was Coasterguy107 that had some inside info about them. He doesn't post much here now. I think he is sick of PKI.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been there and looked right at it and it is orange paint. It is hard to tell if it is in the pic but it's all there is for me to show you from here. If you are at the park and it is still on there you know about where to look for it.

If I remember correctly it was Coasterguy107 that had some inside info about them. He doesn't post much here now. I think he is sick of PKI.

I hardly doubt that they are the PKD Volcano seats, unless theyre made to be able to be transfered from ne type of ride to another. I doubt PKI would easily be able to get an ok from the state inspectors to custom put new seats on it.

When comparing the seats of Volcano: The Blast Coaster and those of Drop Zone, they do seem incredibly similar. There are no apparent differences in design between the two sets of seats. When looking at how the seats are connected to their respective ride chasis, however, I think there are a few descrepancies. Check out these two pictures.

http://www.rcdb.com/ig474.htm?picture=10

http://photos.pkicentral.com/displayimage.php?album=59&pos=8

Notice the different structure beneath the seats. Now it is entirely possible that Intamin has designed their seats to be interchangeable, but I don't understand why used coaster seats would be used to replace used Drop Tower seats.

I think if PKI really wants to retheme FOF they should retheme it to the hit CBS DRAMA.. CSI.. they wouldnt have to do much work just retheme the UFO and the rest of the theming ..make it look like a crime lab.. smile.gifunsure.gif

CSI:Flight of Fear or CSI:THE RIDE...

just giving my two cents....

Second that motion.

Either a re-theme to Soundwave (with emphasis put into rock and roll, of which Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, AC/DC come to mind) or War of the Worlds (the original 60s flick or book to avoid licensing rights with Steven Spielberg) would do well for me.

Lets not and say we did.

Why not? I really like sharkguys idea FOF is lame without a theme okay aliens may be the theme but thats even lamer FOF needs a new more updated theme and CSI is really popular hey PKI is now CBS park also why theme FOF to the war of the worlds 60's version that would cause so much confusion because everyone now loves the steven spielberg remake.

As long as they steer clear from the soundwave concept the new theme if there is one will breath new life into the coaster we all love and know as FOF.But I will say this much I love the CSI idea outta all the themes pki could use I hope they go with the CSI theme.

I would like to hear how you think they could theme FOF to CSI and how it would be better than the soundwave concept.

Thanks Scooby for your thoughts.

Now Capt'in it could be done this reminds when people were dumbfounded when PGA annouced Survivor: The Ride. laugh.gif

The Soundwave concept reeked man I mean they would play Rap and R&B and sorry but sharkguy doesnt listen to rap or r&b...why would CSI be better than Soundwave Just think about entering a Crimelab sloving a crime while in line and then having a dramatic car chase to catch the bad guy (better than the weak IJ:ST CHASE)...likewise a I feel it could be done if paramount parks get smart that is after all I've waited a long time to see a star trek attraction and yet nothing!

After all I'm just giving my Two Cents doesnt mean it will happen.