FOF stay or go ?

TOPGUN1993

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FoF is my second fav steel next to M.Force. It beats the heck out of Rock n' Rollercoaster and the theme fits perfectly. It IS the reason why i'm comin bak to the park this year (srry beast). I dont even think they shoudl change the theming. It reminds me of Space Mountain with some guts imo.

Space Mountain has alot of Inside theming, FoF does remind me of Space Mountain a little bit, i love the launch up the first shoot. Rock N RollerCoaster also has alot of indoor theming. Once you get into your seat on FoF, the theming basically stops. FoF needs to stay at the Park, it wouldn't make sense to remove it.

Once again, not to sound pessemistic, but I'm sure all the PKD junkies said all of the exact same, things about their FoF. ie, it cant be removed, it wouldnt make sense, they spent too much money, its a great ride, they should just retheme it, it doesnt take up much room, it works fine why would they remove it. Yet PKD did close down their FoF. Like I said I'm not trying to be pessemistic, I'm just trying to put it into perspective.

I also remember hearing somewhere that it seemed they were shutting down FOF at PKD because of the addition of IJ:TC. From what I heard with the park already having three launched coasters, a forth would have required too much electricity and made for a massive elecricity bill. Also I think I heard mentioned that the park may not have even been able to get the amount of energy to run four launched coasters and that is why they shut down FOF for the new IJ:TC.

It seems like a stupid idea to get a fourth launched coaster if you know you can't run it without shuting down another one but that's just what I heard. It may be true or false I don't really know.

Rides really need to be updated though the years (themed rides anyway) and I think it is time for an update/retheme. Look at the PT/SDatHC change. I believe it was a 10 year period between changes, so HOPEFULLY this being FoF 10th year, there will be an update/change.

I seriously doubt PKI will get rid of FOF. It's one of the most popular and best thrill rides at the park! That launch is fantastic, the ride is fast and it's one of the few rides that still manages to get me screaming when I go. A visit is not complete without it!

I do think, however, you'll see a re-theme. Which is fine. Re-theme it, give people something to talk about. That's perfectly alright by me and doing something to make a great ride even better would be awesome! Who knows...maybe PKD's is getting a re-theme that's a preview for PKI's FOF!

But I seriously doubt the ride itself will be removed anytime soon. It's in an out-of-the way spot where you probably wouldn't put another ride, it's a great coaster and it's still popular. There'd be no point.

I'm thinking FoF will bite the dust here soon after all I just hope what ever may come it will be heavily themed.

I just hope it isnt MTV related or themed to one of Tom Crusie's paramount movies I just dont like that guy.

I hope its a dark ride/coaster I really loved that concept of an addams family coaster I hope they go with that theme..eh sorry for the rambling I just feel PKI lacks a spook house that the whole family can enjoy now I adore Scoobys dark ride but I'd like to see that addams concept come to life at PKI and PKD now that would get me spending some cold cash in the park after all I rarely visit PKI I only go at least twice a month...if its a theme I'll love I will go even more so. smile.gif

As much as I try to be positive on here, I'm going to go ahead and break character.

FoF is absolutely one of the best rides in the park. In fact, you can't rely deny that it's one of the top 5 rides in the chain. If it's replaced by something, it's not going to be replaced by anything spectacular. It's going to be replaced by something that fits a nice tight budget and labeled a "family attraction" with what should be amazing themeing that won't work after the first few weeks.

Sorry to be so anal, but sometimes you have to tell it like it is.

Well look at PKD. I'm sure the PKD fans didn't think their FoF would close for the season or for good. So I can understand completly why they are questioning it. Even though I rode FoF at PKD, for some reason I though it felt different. I do know they were no AC in side the buliding at PKD. So who knows what's going on at PKD with FoF. But I don't want ours to be removed.