The Maiden Voyage

Have you been living under a rock? LOL

163 Ft Tall...

154 Ft 1st drop

107 Ft 2nd drop

100 Ft 3rd drop

5 Underground Tunnels

This is complicated, let me show it in a picture... Later...

3.5 story station house

3 90 degree banked turns,

66 degree drop

Top speed of 67.4 MPH!

1.2 Miles Long!

Located in Thanksgiving Themed Section, Behind The Wave in Splashin' Safari.

user posted image

Ok, so...

you see that there are several moments experienced underground, and before i continue, It has 24.2 Seconds of Airtime

If we number them from left to right...

we have 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 tunnels

1, just past the "North Spaghetti Bowl" Turnaround

2, just after the flat segment "Safety Brakes"

3, slightly after that last one

4, under the station house

5, at the far right edge

Tunnel 1 gets entered twice...

Tunnel 2 gets enterd twice, but as it leaves the second time, it is suddenly in tunnel 3

Tunnel 3 is entered once from ouside and once from tunnel 2 via a wooden connector tunnel above ground (Cedar)

Tunnel 4 is built into the basement of the Voyage Station House (Queue Area)

Tunnel 5 is under the path in Thanksgiving, it is a welcome sign to the new area.

And since we have the picture...

90 degree #1...

is in the north turn around... we will assume be standing at the low left corner of the "map" and trailing rightward and curving up, you will jolt to the right, and then there is a 90 there, go about 100 foot down the track, and there is a 90 the other way (dont worry, the rendering was made well before the track design was altered, and before station art was conceived)

once you get under the peak of the lift hill, you make the 3rd and last 90 degree turn, then you jump and ive into the last 2 tunnels... its going to be awesome, i can tell!

biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

This looks like one wicked ride. If this roller coaster was just hills and swoops I bet it would not be that great. What I think makes this ride one of a kind is the sheer speed of the roller coaster and the elements it goes through at those speeds.

Checking in now from southern Indiana... as an invitee to Media Day, I already have 30 rides in the book, and the day's ride time has yet to be concluded! This must be the best airtime woodie ever built!

More later...

what?? did you upload from a blackberry device??

That ride looks unbelievable. i would love to go down and ride it. I hope PKI puts in a big rollercoaster that is just meant to be fast (in speed), long, and fun like Voyage. Without a lot of theming and not a family ride. Unfortunately I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Checking in now from southern Indiana... as an invitee to Media Day, I already have 30 rides in the book, and the day's ride time has yet to be concluded!  This must be the best airtime woodie ever built!

More later...

No, the motel I'm staying in has high speed internet. I ended the day with 50 rides. Come down here sometime and ride the Voyage!

Why is it that the new landscaping at Holiday World appears to be more real looking than in NU?

Why, silly! Because NU has little to NO landscaping in it....they must have got a great deal on that gravel last year for Italian Job. Glad to see I'm not the only one who notices things like that. For what its worth, if you haven't been, Holiday World is a beautiful little park with the *best* water park in the country. Boomerang Bay isn't even in the same league as Splashin' Safari. Overall, Voyage looks like it may exceed my expectations! The speed is unreal and its not even broken in yet! Imagine, Son of Beast *could* have been something interesting like that. Sigh....

Checking in now from southern Indiana... as an invitee to Media Day, I already have 30 rides in the book, and the day's ride time has yet to be concluded!  This must be the best airtime woodie ever built!

More later...

No, the motel I'm staying in has high speed internet. I ended the day with 50 rides. Come down here sometime and ride the Voyage!

I'm a pass holder biggrin.gif

Not only does The Voyage look incredible, but from the pictures on "Negative G" they also did a fantastic job on the entire new "Thanksgiving" themed area. Which includes not only The Voyage, but also a new Sally Dark Ride (That looks every bit as impressive as the Scooby one at PKI), a new restaurant, and a new retail store. And, if I recall from the initial press release, they did the whole thing on an absurdly low budget ($13.5M or something in that neighborhood?)

Who among us wouldn't love to be Will Koch? biggrin.gif

163 Ft Tall...

154 Ft 1st drop

107 Ft 2nd drop

100 Ft 3rd drop

5 Underground Tunnels

3.5 story station house

66 degree drop

Top speed of 67.4 MPH!

1.2 Miles Long!

They really should have tossed a few more million in it and made it 215 feet tall. I mean if you are going to build a coaster BUILD A FREAKING COASTER!!! Be the tallest in the land for a few years, just to **** off Kings Island. :-)

-adam12

163 Ft Tall...

154 Ft 1st drop

107 Ft 2nd drop

100 Ft 3rd drop

5 Underground Tunnels

3.5 story station house

66 degree drop

Top speed of 67.4 MPH!

1.2 Miles Long!

They really should have tossed a few more million in it and made it 215 feet tall. I mean if you are going to build a coaster BUILD A FREAKING COASTER!!! Be the tallest in the land for a few years, just to **** off Kings Island. :-)

-adam12

Considering that SOB is 218ft, I'm sure PKI would have no problem with 215ft. biggrin.gif

Considering that SOB is 218ft, I'm sure PKI would have no problem with 215ft.  biggrin.gif

Does it have to run to be considered a coaster?

If so, I'm thinking KI currently has an issue with 218'. <G>

That's actually a fantastic question, no necessarily in regards to SOB, but more along the lines of Steel Dragon 2000.

So I sure did ride the Voyage today...

...without delay, and now its time to SAIL AWAY!

and I only rode it 5 times... its intense btw...

Klockster, the 7-2 airtime is WAYYYY Better than 7-2 Air on Vortex... fyi

The triple down has to be the single best portion...

I cant even describe it... its excellent.

So I sure did ride the Voyage today...

...without delay, and now its time to SAIL AWAY!

and I only rode it 5 times... its intense btw...

Klockster, the 7-2 airtime is WAYYYY Better than 7-2 Air on Vortex... fyi

The triple down has to be the single best portion...

I cant even describe it... its excellent.

The Voyage is hard for me to describe as well. As many as 50 rides, or as few as 5 - it is intense, but not rough (as of yet). I'm more of a fan of the vertical parts than the laterals, so my favorite part of the ride must be from the first drop until the turnaround.

Crews were still putting together the wood portions of the tunnels as we rode on Thursday morning!